1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 10:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have urgent concern concerning the flimsy tissue of self righteousness that you foolishly think can stand the test of a Perfect impartial God.
    You have an "urgent concern concerning the flimsy tissue of self righteousness" that you claim I demonstrate? Are you serious here ~ an "urgent concern", you say? ~ or is this a bit of a rhetorical 'white lie', indeed, a bit of "self righteousness" on your part?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 10:31
    What about the offenses you committed before your last 24 hours?
    That is not what the OP is about. I do not claim that I have never done or 'committed' anything that you ~ and other Christians ~ would consider to be 'sins'. This OP is about practical, everyday 'sins' ~ Have I 'sinned' today? If I haven't, but you think I may have, what would be examples of 'sin' that I might have overlooked ~ today? Did you 'sin' today? Do 'sinners' get through whole days without 'sinning' on their own terms? If so, does it happen a lot?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you were talking about the conversation we had where you suddenly compared yourself to Paul and his 'seed picking' when someone accused you of 'cherry picking' [Thread 158762 page 3 onwards] there was no 'sin' on my part, unless you can offer a definition of 'sin' that turns my questions and arguments into 'sins'.
    I am talking about your predilection for loading questions with insinuations, basing those insinuations on completely fabricated elements. You dont think fabricating elements and then insinuating that someone adheres to or reflects those elements is sinful, then fine, to me it appears nothing short of deception.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:16
    As tempting as it is for some to over simplify the matter - "Oh, my very existence is an offense to God !" one sees the [b]love of God for the sinner with the hatred of God for the sins. [/b]
    So what is your view on whether or not you sin and whether or not you can avoid it? See if you can give a short simple answer without quoting the whole Bible and throwing in some irrelevant preaching.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:194 edits
    Indeed let us take the matter forward to its logical conclusion,

to state that you have not sinned while having been caught loading questions with insinuations is a kind of self righteousness, itself a sin. If your motives were mere gameplay then your calling out Bobby for doing exactly the same thing amounts to hypocrisy, another sin! To date your sins are,

1.Making insinuations on the basis of fabricated elements (deception)
    2.Self-righteousness
    3.Hypocrisy
    4.Vanity (claiming that you have not sinned)
    5.Self assuming (a willingness to believe your own propaganda)
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

to state that you have not sinned while having been caught loading questions with insinuations is a kind of self righteousness, itself a sin. If your motives were mere gameplay then your calling out Bobby for doing exactly the same thing amounts to hypocrisy, another sin! To date ...[text shortened]... nts (deception)
    2.Self-righteousness
    3.Hypocrisy
    4.Vanity (claiming that you have not sinned)
    If anyone has a look at the questions and arguments I contributed to our conversation on Thread 158762 [page 3 onwards] and chooses to characterize what I wrote as examples of 'sinful behaviour', then it will be interesting.[/b]
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

to state that you have not sinned while having been caught loading questions with insinuations is a kind of self righteousness, itself a sin. If your motives were mere gameplay then your calling out Bobby for doing exactly the same thing amounts to hypocrisy, another sin! To date ...[text shortened]... aiming that you have not sinned)
    5.Self assuming (a willingness to believe your own propaganda)
    OK, your assertions are noted. You have a list of 'sins' that I have allegedly 'committed' with my posts on this forum over the last 24 hours.

What have been your 'sins' in the last 24 hours?
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    A chance to define or discuss 'sin' and 'sinful behaviour'.

It's half past twelve in the afternoon here. I've been up since about 5 am. I've been thinking about it: I don't think I have 'sinned' today. And I'm fairly sure I can get through the rest of the day without doing so.

Do the self-identified 'sinners' among you 'sin' every day?

If I defined 'sin ...[text shortened]... e talking about [and it comes up an awful lot on this forum] when we mention 'sinful behaviour'?
    FMF, sin is the thing that will come in between a person and their God for which the wages thereof is death. You claimed to have been a Christian at some point so I would expect you know all about this truth.

I'm guessing, no self respecting Christian is going to air out their sins in this forum for you or others enjoyment, that would stupid. If in questioning, you or anyone else hopes to gain a deeper understanding of Christian truth (sin) I would direct you to the scriptures where there can be no mistake, confusion or an individual bias as to definition, it is the Word of God.

The question that is really important here is not "Have you sinned today", but how are you going to handle your sin in the presence of a Holy God?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 11:47
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    The question that is really important here is not "Have you sinned today", but how are you going to handle your sin in the presence of a Holy God?
    If you cannot or will not cite examples of practical everyday 'sins' then why do you think your broad 'read the bible' type of lecturing on 'sin' is going to have any traction in a discussion forum, and with an OP like this one?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you cannot or will not cite examples of practical everyday 'sins' then why do you think your broad 'read the bible' type of lecturing on 'sin' is going to have any traction in a discussion forum, and with an OP like this one?
    Sin is not practical it is divisive and as another poster asked... what's the definition, you yourself said this is a chance to define. We take sin and pass it around like a hot potato, like a game but at the end of the day we need to deal with it for what it is. We can make our own sin seem like it is not sin at all, as some have already shown in this thread.

There is no everyday practical sin, once in awhile sin, or even on special occasion sin; it is all the same and the result will always be the same.

Referring to the bible is not a lecture at all, I figured I would refrain from filling the post with a lot of scripture for you or others to pick apart. If any is really interested, they should go directly to the Word for the answers. Man cannot define that which he is guilty of, only the Word of God can do that, this is why I pointed to the bible.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    A chance to define or discuss 'sin' and 'sinful behaviour'.

It's half past twelve in the afternoon here. I've been up since about 5 am. I've been thinking about it: I don't think I have 'sinned' today. And I'm fairly sure I can get through the rest of the day without doing so.

Do the self-identified 'sinners' among you 'sin' every day?

If I defined 'sin ...[text shortened]... e talking about [and it comes up an awful lot on this forum] when we mention 'sinful behaviour'?
    How would you define sin?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    How would you define sin?
    Defining 'sin' is what you, for all intents and purposes, are being invited to do in the OP by way of citing some practical examples of it according to your beliefs.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Defining 'sin' is what you, for all intents and purposes, are being invited to do in the OP by way of citing some practical examples of it according to your beliefs.
    There is a universal morality which is the Golden Rule.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:22
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    There is no everyday practical sin, once in awhile sin, or even on special occasion sin; it is all the same and the result will always be the same.
    If, as you state, "there is no everyday practical sin", then is it reasonable for me ~ or anyone else here ~ to have claimed that I have not 'sinned' today?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 12:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a universal morality which is the Golden Rule.
    Do you think you have broken the "Golden Rule" today?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree