1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 14:341 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is a list of sins I got off a website. Maybe it can help people to say if they have done any of these.

1. IDOLATRY — the making of any created thing to be your "god;": finding your ultimate security in, or settings your ultimate love upon, or giving your ultimate allegiance to, any created thing(s), whether material, human, or formal false religi ...[text shortened]... from all your sins.

http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/40SinsThatWillSendYouToHell.html
    looks like its game over for Effhim!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 14:452 edits
    40. THE ULTIMATE SIN OF DAMNATION - Rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the only One who can save you from all your sins.
    Thanks Rajk999. This one ~ No.40. ~ of course, pertains to me and all non-Christians, by definition, I suppose. It isn't of concern though [to me and presumably other non-Christians] as this 'sin' has little or no impact on my endeavours to live my life as morally and as positively as possible. Other 'sins' on the list of 40 do overlap with and pertain to leading a moral life.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 14:53
    33. DRUNKENNESS — the state of being drunk; under the influence of intoxicating substances which alter the senses for recreation. “Even the cares of the world, when they intoxicate the mind”
    This is not a 'sin' that I have committed today. But I do fall foul of No.33 most Fridays and the occasional Tuesday.

Did the water that Jesus is reputed to have turned into wine intoxicate any of the guest at that wedding? Devout Muslims here don't drink any alcohol but plenty of Christians do.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:001 edit
    27. WRATH — Carnal turbulent, violent passions; unholy active anger, indignation.
    Yesterday (Saturday) I did have a heated exchange with another road user. But it wasn't "carnal", nor "violent". Some Anglo Saxon was spoken. Does that perhaps make it "unholy". But No.27 did not happen today. Besides, I think anger can be justifiable if it modifies behaviour that is detrimental to others or to the target of the anger.

Aside from No.40, I don't think I have 'sinned' today. Interesting list, albeit a little anachronistic in places.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    looks like its game over for Effhim!
    😀
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yesterday (Saturday) I did have a heated exchange with another road user. But it wasn't "carnal", nor "violent". Some Anglo Saxon was spoken. Does that perhaps make it "unholy". But No.27 did not happen today. Besides, I think anger can be justifiable if it modifies behaviour that is detrimental to others or to the target of the anger.

Aside from No.40, I don't think I have 'sinned' today. Interesting list, albeit a little anachronistic in places.
    Not a sin in my opinion.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is not a 'sin' that I have committed today. But I do fall foul of No.33 most Fridays and the occasional Tuesday.

Did the water that Jesus is reputed to have turned into wine intoxicate any of the guest at that wedding? Devout Muslims here don't drink any alcohol but plenty of Christians do.
    Last night I had 3 vodkas and 6 rums. Was a bit tipsy but certainly not drunk. Alcohol does not alter my behaviour or language. When I have had enough I go to sleep. I drink alcohol almost every day mostly a couple beers. Hot humid beach environment .. cannot avoid it...🙂

Christ certainly had no problem with alcohol neither did the Apostles.

The problem is drunkenness which causes you to misbehave.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:18
    Here is a list of sins I got off a website. Maybe it can help people to say if they have done any of these.

1. IDOLATRY — the making of any created thing to be your "god;": finding your ultimate security in, or settings your ultimate love upon, or giving your ultimate allegiance to, any created thing(s), whether material, human, or formal false religi ...[text shortened]... from all your sins.

"http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/40SinsThatWillSendYouToHell.html"

Only 40. has ever or will ever "Send" anyone "To Hell".
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks Rajk999. This one ~ No.40. ~ of course, pertains to me and all non-Christians, by definition, I suppose. It isn't of concern though [to me and presumably other non-Christians] as this 'sin' has little or no impact on my endeavours to live my life as morally and as positively as possible. Other 'sins' on the list of 40 do overlap with and pertain to leading a moral life.
    If you show love for your fellow man you have the love of God and Christ within you. If you love your neighbour and give charitably to those in need you have the love of God and Christ within you.

I think the only other poster that says this is Pudgenik.

If you show this charitable love you have accepted Christ.

Christians think that to accept Christ is the talk about Christ, go to church etc. These are outward manifestations of their faith and they are useful but are not the most important ones. The important manifestations of faith is what comes from the heart and from within... which is love and charity.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:21
    I drink alcohol almost every day mostly a couple beers.
    I decided to move away from Australia for many reasons, one of which was that I did not want to leave myself susceptible to drinking alcohol [even in modest amounts] every day. This may have been one of the thousand accumulated little reasons why I left Britain 20 or so years ago.

The problem is drunkenness which causes you to misbehave.

The misbehaviour could maybe the focus then and the drunkenness only seen as the problem if it is instrumental in the misbehaviour.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Only 40. has ever or will ever "Send" anyone "To Hell".
    If telling yourself this, Grampy Bobby, is what it takes for you to live your life as morally and as positively as possible then that's just how it is, I suppose. Good for you. My endeavours to be moral and for my interactions with others to be positive, tolerant, honest and fruitful, are carried out without the assistance of perceived supernatural threats.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 15:56
    Sin is a condition of the heart.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 00:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So do you define 'sin' as 'a violation of a moral code'? I don't. I define it as 'offending God'. So for example, some people think their very existence is offensive to God and thus they are sinners by their very nature.
    I think you need to expand your definition. Why is God offended? Is it possible that other people are offended as well?
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 01:25

I commit #40 every day. #30 and #35 are also up there.

Curiously, there is no entry for "rape", although that arguably fits under 16 or 37. A lot of the entries overlap. The list could be greatly simplified.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 01:52
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

Curiously, there is no entry for "rape", although that arguably fits under 16 or 37. A lot of the entries overlap. The list could be greatly simplified.
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

One of the two malefactors [felony criminals] executed next to Jesus Christ on Golgotha Hill committed #40 his entire life... then 'repented' [changed his mind] moments before the Roman Centurions finalized his execution. Christ said: "Today you will be with me in Paradise". The second criminal scoffed at Christ [the same way some flippant/uninformed contributors to this forum enjoy doing]. Moments later he found himself in a compartment of Hades and is still there suffering today as he awaits the Great White Throne Judgment, after which the Lake of Fire awaits him as an address for eternity. Still time, SG.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree