Have you sinned today?

Have you sinned today?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I commit #40 every day. #30 and #35 are also up there.

Curiously, there is no entry for "rape", although that arguably fits under 16 or 37. A lot of the entries overlap. The list could be greatly simplified.
16. SEXUAL UNCLEANNESS — all unnatural, impure or otherwise illicit or unmarried sexual activity, in heart or deed. (Mk. 7:20-23; 2Cor. 12:21; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; Col. 3:5)... includes 'rape".

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
16. SEXUAL UNCLEANNESS — all unnatural, impure or otherwise illicit or unmarried sexual activity, in heart or deed. (Mk. 7:20-23; 2Cor. 12:21; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; Col. 3:5)... includes 'rape".
But rape is a lot different than the other ones. Sometimes it's not even about sex, but more about power. It's an odd duck to have on that list, hence the 'arguably'.

F

Moves
14 Apr 14

Rape is a crime of violence and arguably comparable to murder ~ certainly one of the most depraved and horrifying crimes people can commit against each other. Unless there is some anachronistic ancient Hebrew mythological or anthropological reason for its exclusion ['demoting' it to "SEXUAL UNCLEANNESS" is almost offensive], it should surely be on that list. Perhaps there was an error or oversight in compiling the list. Maybe Rajk999 can throw some light on the comprehensiveness of the list as he tracked it down.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Apr 14
2 edits

Violence isn't called out specifically either. I don't mean "war" although some will argue that war should be on the list, I mean brutality, muggings and the like. Also "rage" and "hatred" are missing.

F

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Also "rage" and "hatred" are missing.
There are No.24 and No.27.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Rape is a crime of violence and arguably comparable to murder ~ certainly one of the most depraved and horrifying crimes people can commit against each other. Unless there is some anachronistic ancient Hebrew mythological or anthropological reason for its exclusion ['demoting' it to "SEXUAL UNCLEANNESS" is almost offensive], it should surely be on that list. Per ...[text shortened]... . Maybe Rajk999 can throw some light on the comprehensiveness of the list as he tracked it down.
Rape is the one act that seems like it must always be wrong. Even killing is permissible in self-defense.

F

Moves
14 Apr 14

Rape is the one act that seems like it must always be wrong. Even killing is permissible in self-defense.
Agreed.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 14

Violence isn't called out specifically either. I don't mean "war" although some will argue that war should be on the list, I mean brutality, muggings and the like. Also "rage" and "hatred" are missing.
Yeah, 'violence' is a big omission. It could be several items.

-Domestic abuse: striking the inhabitants of your own house.
-Fighting: a war of words escalates into a physical conflict.
-Depraved violence towards the helpless: think A Clockwork Orange and beating up bums for fun.
-Theft-related violence: injuring people during a robbery.

Also, did they have anything about vandalism? Destruction of property? Seems the list needs to be modernized a bit.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
There are No.24 and No.27.
Ah, sorry very late/early here. Leaving house at 5am for a flight ๐Ÿ™

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

Ah, sorry very late/early here. Leaving house at 5am for a flight ๐Ÿ™
Travel safely...

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Apr 14
1 edit

There is so much good that I chose not to do today so I have sinned. Praise God for the gift of repentance through Jesus Christ!

F

Moves
14 Apr 14

Seems the list needs to be modernized a bit.
There should be stuff about spamming, plagiarism, twitter stuff, mooning photocopiers, men having two mobile phones [correlates with 'sinful behaviour' here in Indonesia], some microwave-culinary related behaviour, nano-technology ethics, and other modern things. ๐Ÿ˜€

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Apr 14

Travel safely...
Thanks, out of my hands.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
There should be stuff about spamming, plagiarism, twitter stuff, mooning photocopiers, men having two mobile phones [correlates with 'sinful behaviour' here in Indonesia], some microwave-culinary related behaviour, nano-technology ethics, and other modern things. ๐Ÿ˜€
Trolling should definitely be on there and especially "legendary trolling". ๐Ÿ˜›

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

I commit #40 every day. #30 and #35 are also up there.

One of the two malefactors [felony criminals] executed next to Jesus Christ on Golgotha Hill committed #40 his entire life... then 'repented' [changed his mind] moments before the Roman Centurions finalized his execution. Christ said: "Today you will be wi ...[text shortened]... ne Judgment, after which the Lake of Fire awaits him as an address for eternity. Still time, SG.
"Everything you add to the truth subtracts from the truth. When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness." -Alexander Solzhenitsyn "The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off." -M. Pancoast