Have you sinned today?

Have you sinned today?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
It's been a useful resource thus far for this thread.
Glad to hear that.

Check this:

But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die: But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter: For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her. If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
(Deuteronomy 22:25-29 KJV)

If the girl is engaged then the man alone dies. If she is not then he will have to marry her and pay the parents.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]"12. EFFEMINANCY — men unnaturally taking on female characteristics and behavior."

i like to watch the occasional rom-com here and there and also get upset when my wife goes straight to sleep after sex (i need to snuggle for a bit and talk about feelings).............am i filthy evil sinner!!!![/b]
LOL

OAa

Moves
14 Apr 14

Psychologically when a sense of guilt is associated, especially at the level of scandal, there is a need to confess that which you sought and traced back as a wrongdoing. Any criminal would stand in front of a judge in a public courtroom and acknowledge their crimes if it meant they could be relieved of their greater punishment. And yet in his mercy God has given the means to wipe clear the most excessive stains on the soul from the sin of pride, otherwise meritting the same as the devil at hell. This he has done in the church, providing with respect and sensitivity for personal, private reconciliation. Such love is unfathomable.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by Of Ants and Imps
Psychologically when a sense of guilt is associated, especially at the level of scandal, there is a need to confess that which you sought and traced back as a wrongdoing. Any criminal would stand in front of a judge in a public courtroom and acknowledge their crimes if it meant they could be relieved of their greater punishment. And yet in his mercy ...[text shortened]... ng with respect and sensitivity for personal, private reconciliation. Such love is unfathomable.
Well said.

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by Of Ants and Imps
Psychologically when a sense of guilt is associated, especially at the level of scandal, there is a need to confess that which you sought and traced back as a wrongdoing. Any criminal would stand in front of a judge in a public courtroom and acknowledge their crimes if it meant they could be relieved of their greater punishment. And yet in his mercy ...[text shortened]... ng with respect and sensitivity for personal, private reconciliation. Such love is unfathomable.
i like some of the stains on my soul. i really enjoyed getting them. it would be a shame to wipe them away.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

i like some of the stains on my soul. i really enjoyed getting them. it would be a shame to wipe them away.
Join the human race. Have you ever stopped to consider the remote possibility that there might be something or someone with the capacity to provide even more happiness and fulfillment than the source of the "stains" on stellspalfie's "soul"?

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Join the human race. Have you ever stopped to consider the remote possibility that there might be something or someone with the capacity to provide even more happiness and fulfillment than the source of the "stains" on stellspalfie's "soul"?
join the human race????? does sinning make me inhuman? wouldnt that make all humans inhuman????

"Have you ever stopped to consider the remote possibility that there might be something or someone with the capacity to provide even more happiness and fulfillment than the source of the "stains" on stellspalfie's "soul"?"

i dont remember saying that my sins were the greatest source of happiness in my life.......oh, thats because i didnt. tell me bobby have you ever enjoyed doing something sinful?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

join the human race????? does sinning make me inhuman? wouldnt that make all humans inhuman????

[b]"Have you ever stopped to consider the remote possibility that there might be something or someone with the capacity to provide even more happiness and fulfillment than the source of the "stains" on stellspalfie's "soul"?"

i dont remember sayi ...[text shortened]... ife.......oh, thats because i didnt. tell me bobby have you ever enjoyed doing something sinful?[/b]

"stains on my soul." applies to every human being because we all have depraved sin natures from birth. Only Christ is without sin. "it would be a shame to wipe them away" suggests they were/are a great source of happiness, otherwise why would you have mentioned them as a point of comparison. "bobby" has "enjoyed doing something sinful" often.

Moves
14 Apr 14

Join the human race. Have you ever stopped to consider the remote possibility that there might be something or someone with the capacity to provide even more ha ...[text shortened]... ave mentioned them as a point of comparison. "bobby" has "enjoyed doing something sinful" often.
so why are you telling me to join the human race. you make little sense to me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Apr 14

so why are you telling me to join the human race. you make little sense to me.
When I read: "i like some of the stains on my soul." my thought was 'who hasn't.' "Join the human race" is simply a figure of speech. If I thought and wrote in slang the reply might have been "Duh... really?" The words were intended to assure you that the condition is universal. Actually I thought your phrase "stains on my soul" was quite original and memorable.

K

Moves
14 Apr 14

FMF,
Examples of how people can sin. . .
The opposites of the 10 commandments are examples.

Furthermore, I guess, that there are over 600 commandments showing how the Israelites had to live to not sin.

Unbelief is also a way to sin.

Sometimes God's will was harsh and sometimes God offered grace and mercy.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Apr 14
1 edit

[b]"12. EFFEMINANCY — men unnaturally taking on female characteristics and behavior."

i like to watch the occasional rom-com here and there and also get upset when my wife goes straight to sleep after sex (i need to snuggle for a bit and talk about feelings).............am i filthy evil sinner!!!![/b]
"............. am i filthy evil sinner!!!!" Of course not in the context you've described. However, a 1st Class Lover is also patient. If your wife "goes straight to sleep after sex", smile and be thankful she enjoyed being with you so vigorously. The first husband and wife walked around naked all day long and enjoyed magnificent sexual relations. Guess who invented sex? God Himself; it was one of His wedding gifts to the first man and woman in the garden. Perfect environment was the second. God is Perfect. What He does is perfect. Human beings screw thing up and in doing so lessen the enjoyment.

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
FMF,
Examples of how people can sin. . .
The opposites of the 10 commandments are examples.

Furthermore, I guess, that there are over 600 commandments showing how the Israelites had to live to not sin.

Unbelief is also a way to sin.

Sometimes God's will was harsh and sometimes God offered grace and mercy.
Well, referring back to the OP, I am pretty sure I hadn't broken any of the Ten Commandment 6 hours into my Sunday. These "600 commandments" you mention: do they exclude all the non-Spiritual, anthropological stuff found in books like Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy?

K

Moves
15 Apr 14
2 edits

FMF,
You need to look at sin as God's declares it and not as a human being declares it. Until you do that, how can you repent unto salvation? Until you do that, how will you ever realize that you need Christ to save you and that you are not able to save yourself?

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
FMF,
You need to look at sin as God's declares it and not as a human being declares it. Until you do that, how can you repent unto salvation? Until you do that, how will you ever realize that you need Christ to save you and that you are not able to save yourself?
One wonders if you have actually ever read any of my posts. 🙂