1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 15:12
    @kellyjay said
    Is this because once again, you can not be wrong, so anyone disagreeing with you has to be in error?
    Don't you also perceive anyone who disagrees with you as being in error?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 17:31
    @kellyjay said
    You claim that some Christians, not anyone specific at all, making that nothing but a general swipe. You then go to belittle other possible interpretations as daft, and you now beg off the conversation because of me? Is this because once again, you can not be wrong, so anyone disagreeing with you has to be in error?
    Which is better kelly? Which is the general swipe?

'Christians take the Bible literally'

or

'Some Christians take the Bible literally.'

Have a good think about it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 18:279 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Which is better kelly? Which is the general swipe?

'Christians take the Bible literally'

or

'Some Christians take the Bible literally.'

Have a good think about it.
    How about limiting your conversations to those that are here discussing it, instead of going on about some mythical person not here. You were presented with two views not your own and didn't touch either, outside of suggesting opinions other than yours were daft. You claimed God sent the bears, I don't read that in the text. For all you know DeepThought was correct, it was God's protection that had been protecting everyone from the bears up until that time, and belittling a prophet of God who cursed them, took the protection away. While I called your charge against God into question because it is God who sets the time for all lives to start and end. If God has anything to do with it, being God, its His right, nothing is owed to us, God has not promised to any of us for long life, so when He calls us out of this life, He is entirely justified in doing it for any reason He has.

If you are going to tell me what the Bible means according to you, I'm not really interested. If you find fault in the text by looking at the Bible literally I have to pay attention to that!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 20:05
    @kellyjay said
    How about limiting your conversations to those that are here discussing it, instead of going on about some mythical person not here. You were presented with two views not your own and didn't touch either, outside of suggesting opinions other than yours were daft. You claimed God sent the bears, I don't read that in the text. For all you know DeepThought was correct, it was G ...[text shortened]... ed. If you find fault in the text by looking at the Bible literally I have to pay attention to that!
    Just to clarify, as we go about our daily lives we are all divinely protected from being mauled by bears, and if we do find ourselves attacked by bears it is probably because we mocked a prophet's bald head and God decided to remove our bear protection?

Not in the slightest bit daft.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 20:06
    @kellyjay said
    If you find fault in the text by looking at the Bible literally I have to pay attention to that!
    God literally sends bear to kill children.

Pay attention!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 02:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Just to clarify, as we go about our daily lives we are all divinely protected from being mauled by bears, and if we do find ourselves attacked by bears it is probably because we mocked a prophet's bald head and God decided to remove our bear protection?

Not in the slightest bit daft.
    To just clarify every breath you take is by divine decree, time has been given to you and to do with as you will. You are going to give an account for it, and as you go about claiming you know it all, you cannot be wrong, when you are shown you are wrong you will have no excuse.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 02:37
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Pay attention!
    As I pointed out to every death is a result of God putting a limit on our lives, when they start, and the fact they will end. God sets the time for every death as a sure thing, without exception. Are you paying attention? Why would any death be outside of this and thought of as wrong due to God? It is God's universe; He made it. He supplies all that we need for life from air to food and so on. When death happens, you find God at fault, why?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 02:391 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Pay attention!
    It say the bears tore them, what translation do you have that says they were killed? They could have died or not, it isn't declared outright, but if you have a translation that says so I'll not dispute it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 03:14
    @kellyjay said
    As I pointed out to every death is a result of God putting a limit on our lives, when they start, and the fact they will end. God sets the time for every death as a sure thing, without exception.
    Do you believe the deaths of millions of Jews in the Holocaust were determined in advance by your God figure in accordance with his wishes? When He "set the time for every death as a sure thing", did your God figure decide it would be gas chambers that would be used to kill many of them?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:37
    @kellyjay said
    As I pointed out to every death is a result of God putting a limit on our lives, when they start, and the fact they will end. God sets the time for every death as a sure thing, without exception. Are you paying attention? Why would any death be outside of this and thought of as wrong due to God? It is God's universe; He made it. He supplies all that we need for life from air to food and so on. When death happens, you find God at fault, why?
    Again, this boils down to 'God created us, and can send bears to kill children if He wants.'

Is that really the God you want to worship?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:39
    @kellyjay said
    It say the bears tore them, what translation do you have that says they were killed? They could have died or not, it isn't declared outright, but if you have a translation that says so I'll not dispute it.
    Please explain the difference between God sending bears to kill children and God sending bears to just chew them up a little bit?

Is one still a righteous act?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 10:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Please explain the difference between God sending bears to kill children and God sending bears to just chew them up a little bit?

Is one still a righteous act?
    Touching something that you shouldn't, that without a doubt can come with a price, for example, a live wire, the result could lead to death or injury and it will not matter one wit how old you are. Profaning something holy also comes with a cost, and it can be deadly and these kids were not the only example of this in scripture. You have no clue when it comes to our unrighteous and God's holiness. You talk about that which you don't see as if it isn't there and matters. So yes, it is righteous because it clearly defines what occurs when unrighteous acts take place.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 10:41
    @kellyjay said
    Touching something that you shouldn't, that without a doubt can come with a price, for example, a live wire, the result could lead to death or injury and it will not matter one wit how old you are. Profaning something holy also comes with a cost, and it can be deadly and these kids were not the only example of this in scripture.
    Interesting analogy. What is the "moral" element of the "live wire"? Or is it a case of it's deadly because it's deadly. Is that really something you think is morally analogous to the behaviour of your God figure?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 11:01
    @kellyjay said
    Touching something that you shouldn't, that without a doubt can come with a price, for example, a live wire, the result could lead to death or injury and it will not matter one wit how old you are. Profaning something holy also comes with a cost, and it can be deadly and these kids were not the only example of this in scripture. You have no clue when it comes to our unrighte ...[text shortened]... rs. So yes, it is righteous because it clearly defines what occurs when unrighteous acts take place.
    That your God feels righteously justified in sending bears to rip children apart, and that you have no qualms in him carrying out such an act as an apparent response to unrighteousness, is the epitome of all that is wrong with religion and how modern human morality is crushed under its archaic wheels.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 11:05
    Why didn't KellyJay's God figure send bears to rip the concentration camp guards apart?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree