1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 17:30
    @divegeester

Ho Hummmm! Same o same o huh? Lol. You must have one boring life if this is the best you can do............
    Some day you're going to finally step on the right spot and someone will push that trap door button and whoosh... you'll finally be gone to the sharks, Ha!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 17:31
    Galveston75, you can carry on ignoring my on topic laser-focused posts by all means. I on the other hand, carry on calling out your hypocrisy of attacking the trinity every day.

🙂
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 18:17
    @divegeester

Whatever gets you off....
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 18:18
    @galveston75 said
    How did he change? Thanks..
    Oh, it's an ongoing disagreement between Kelly and myself. I view the God, as presented in the OT, as a tribal God who is jealous, petty and vindictive. I do not see the same God reflected in the NT, hence find the idea of Him being 'unchanging' implausible.

If God is indeed 'unchanging' then the Old and New testaments refer to different Gods. - Happy to provide examples.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 18:37
    @galveston75 said
    @divegeester

Ho Hummmm! Same o same o huh? Lol. You must have one boring life if this is the best you can do............
    Some day you're going to finally step on the right spot and someone will push that trap door button and whoosh... you'll finally be gone to the sharks, Ha!
    Gosh...hate much Galveston75?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 19:54
    @divegeester said
    Gosh...hate much Galveston75?
    Nope. I'd expect nothing else from you, Right?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:11
    @galveston75 said
    Nope. I'd expect nothing else from you, Right?
    What are you on about? I’ve been addressing your posts, on topic, with scripture and reason all through this thread and you have been ignoring them. Now you are just deflecting...respond to the content of my posts instead of wishing me dead and revealing your true self.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:36
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Then why did he change between the Old and New testaments?

😀
    He didn't change, our relationship with Him did.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:03
    @divegeester said
    What are you on about? I’ve been addressing your posts, on topic, with scripture and reason all through this thread and you have been ignoring them. Now you are just deflecting...respond to the content of my posts instead of wishing me dead and revealing your true self.
    News flash!!!!!! I'm still going to ignore you.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:191 edit
    @kellyjay said
    He didn't change, our relationship with Him did.
    So the God of the OT who sends 2 bears to rip children apart (2 Kings 2:23-25) is perfectly in keeping with the God of the NT?

(Fasten your seatbelt kelly, it's going to be a bumpy ride).
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Oh, it's an ongoing disagreement between Kelly and myself. I view the God, as presented in the OT, as a tribal God who is jealous, petty and vindictive. I do not see the same God reflected in the NT, hence find the idea of Him being 'unchanging' implausible.

If God is indeed 'unchanging' then the Old and New testaments refer to different Gods. - Happy to provide examples.
    Yes I can see where many think that about him. He was for sure a "more in your face" God. And he did seem to take more offensive action against some of the other nations around just as was discussed a little earlier. And yes it sounds horrible to think of all the innocent people and children that no doubt perished from those actions.
    But just a couple points that have to be taken into account. If one were to go look at those events, always, always God gave some kind of warning in advance. And it was always a warning that any or all of a particular group or nation could have reacted to and repent or what ever God wanted of them.
    It was that same case with Noah and the flood. The whole time that the ark was being built, Noah was also going to all the population he could and he warned them to change.
    Same thing with Sodom and Gomorrah.
    But in both of those cases, also with the flood, the badness and sinfulness had completely taken over all life there. Jehovah agreed to spare Sodom and Gomorrah if even just a couple people could be found that were good. None were.
    Just a couple things to think about.
    So in order for Jehovah to save what good there was on the earth, he had to take drastic steps at times.
    Also Jehovah promised Abraham that the promised messiah (Jesus )would come thru his lineage. And that was a promise that he had to keep. So whenever another dangerous nation was going to attack or have some kind of dangerous affect on that happening, Jehovah had to step in to protect his people.
    And.... all that did die from Jehovah protecting his people will probably have a chance at life again once the resurrection happens in the future that the Bible promises many times.
    Remember there is always more then one way to look at history. A human viewpoint or a Godly viewpoint and what the big picture was at that time.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So the God of the OT who sends 2 bears to rip children apart (2 Kings 2:23-25) is perfectly in keeping with the God of the NT?

(Fasten your seatbelt kelly, it's going to be a bumpy ride).
    If you don't grasp this yet, every life is here, and all of our deaths are by divine decree. There is an appointed time for each one of our deaths; without exception, there are no promised tomorrows for anyone. With God, righteousness and Holiness are of the highest essential things in this life this over everything.

Your judgment on scripture I'm not all that impressed with yet for this reason.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:10
    @galveston75 said
    @KellyJay

So do you believe in fate or predestination?
    You read what I said about God giving us the ability to say no?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:19
    @kellyjay said
    You read what I said about God giving us the ability to say no?
    No I'm sorry. Where is that?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:28
    @galveston75 said
    No I'm sorry. Where is that?
    No worries, if this is the worst that happens we are in great shape.

Here is the opening, and I believe it covers it too.

--------
    The thing is God is unchanging. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God was perfect in harmony at all times, is, and forever will be. He doesn't change so there isn't a learning curve for God at any point in time or out of time. The Lord knew what was coming and acted with this knowledge. He gave us the ability to understand and acquire knowledge, experience love, to see and grasp the beauty of His creation, and the best part to have fellowship with Him. These abilities especially love can only be real with the ability to say no or reject it. Love isn’t real if it programmed into us, or forced, and the fall was when Adam and Eve choose a more self-centered life, making what they wanted for themselves above all else. They quickly discovered that the ability to know good and evil didn’t make us good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree