1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 00:10
    @galveston75 said
    We only worship Jehovah............ We did not write the Bible. It calls Jesus a Might God so that's what he is..
    No, there is not another "God" who is a different person and being. How many Gods are there, answer just one. There are some called gods, that is not saying the same thing as God. This is an important distinction, unless you are claiming to a polytheist that cannot be true.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 00:19
    @galveston75 said
    @KellyJay

The Word is Jesus. He is Jehovah's spokesman and the only way we can talk to Jehovah is thru Jesus. He does this because we are imperfect and because of that we need a mediator.
    Jesus will be this for us no doubt until he hands his fathers Kingdom back to him in the future. I wish you would had shared your thought on this but I guess not.
    "I wish you would had shared your thought on this but I guess not."

I'm not following a script, and I am not getting a list of questions or topics to hit you with from anyone or anywhere. I'm going to share what is on my heart if you have a topic you want to discuss bring it up. As it is now, there are a lot of issues on the board; therefore, it will be hit and miss with them unless you want to present a list of your top 10 in some order, you'd like to see addressed. I don’t care and wouldn’t even mind if you added subtopics under your main points, that way I don’t overlook one that you feel is important.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 01:25
    @galveston75 said
    You are right, he did not create Jesus to have to pay for our sins and then have to go thru the terrible death he endured. This is God's son here, his firstborn and was with his Father from eons ago helping to create the universe.
    No way Jehovah created him to go thru that humiliation and then to be nailed to a stake. Of course his Father did not create him for that. T ...[text shortened]... ing how much Jesus not only loves us but would do anything for his Father including giving his life.
    I know what I believe about God, everything I have said I could point to scripture to back up. You may not agree with it, but the scriptures are my only foundational documents. You have said a few things I cannot reconcile with Biblical text, and knowing we don’t share some doctrine, I’m not sure how you connect the dots. Some points are minor and others, quite vast.

Unless you believe God is not eternal, that He doesn’t know everything, and isn’t sovereign, some of the things you have said make no sense to me. If God is all-knowing and sovereign than nothing about His creation would surprise Him, there would never be a plan B. If man’s sin surprised God, God would be less than the way scripture portrays Him.

This line of thought now means you do believe God created someone He claims to love, to save sinners who can hate, deny, or ignore God. So we are once again back to how just is that? For that kind of god, there isn’t a cost to him; the only one to pay is some poor soul in his creation, that guy suffers as he gets just to sit back and watch. That is not a love everlasting on full display.

In God’s sovereignty from every breath we take, every act of love, and hate we do nothing will catch Him by surprise, if anything could, He isn’t all-knowing. Jesus being God, being the Son of God, being the Word of God, His giving His life up for us is God with us, God becoming our recompense.

All of that on top of the fact having to make Jesus that creates a contradiction about nothing being made without Him, therefore the only way that could be true, is if He was always here, meaning that can only be true if He were God.

I’ll get the rest later.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 01:53
    @kellyjay said
    No, there is not another "God" who is a different person and being. How many Gods are there, answer just one. There are some called gods, that is not saying the same thing as God. This is an important distinction, unless you are claiming to a polytheist that cannot be true.
    Nope only one God and that is Jehovah.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 01:57
    @galveston75 said
    You cannot have a 'mighty God' and just one God, unless you believe they are one.
    You seem to dispute that doctrine, so you are left with at least two, depending on how you think Jesus became God's son.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 02:15
    @kellyjay said
    I know what I believe about God, everything I have said I could point to scripture to back up. You may not agree with it, but the scriptures are my only foundational documents. You have said a few things I cannot reconcile with Biblical text, and knowing we don’t share some doctrine, I’m not sure how you connect the dots. Some points are minor and others, quite vast.

Unle ...[text shortened]... is if He was always here, meaning that can only be true if He were God.

I’ll get the rest later.
    Hi. Well if Jehovah absolutely knew everything in the future then I'm sure he wouldn't have created man to begin with or at least come up with another couple. So I know some believe he see's everything in the future but it doesn't look like it.
    And maybe you haven't looked over all I said but no where in the Bible does it say Jesus HAD to come to earth. From all indication it seems Jesus offered to do this for all humans. He probably knew out of all the angels that could have done this he knew that he could trust himself to actually see it thru. All of the angels just like humans can choose and decide who to follow. Many did choose to follow the Devil so Jesus didn't want to take that chance.
    So before he came to earth and being born from Mary, he was well aware of his journey and that he would have to die at some point.
    You do realize that if Jesus hadn't passed the test that Satan threw at him, that he would of course failed and his life would not have been the sacrifice needed to pay the ransom for all humans? So we should all be thankful for that everyday we live.
    But the point your making is true in that we know what all this accomplishes for all humans and the sacrifice it cost Jesus and to his father. We know it grieved Jehovah tremendously to see his son murdered. But he didn't stop it because he knew the importance of it and and that he completely knew he was going to resurrect him in just a few days.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 02:25
    @kellyjay said
    You cannot have a 'mighty God' and just one God, unless you believe they are one.
    You seem to dispute that doctrine, so you are left with at least two, depending on how you think Jesus became God's son.
    I believe exactly what the Bible says. Jesus is the firstborn of all of God's creations. I've posted those scriptures many times as well as a couple others here.
    The Bible has called Jesus a mighty God, not me, the Bible. But never, never if you can get it straight who the scripture is talking about, and it is Jehovah, is Jesus ever called The Almighty God.
    Sorry to say but unless you can ever see that and exactly what it says without adding the trinity to it, you'll finally see they are two separate beings. I know you say that but always at the end add that they are still one. No they are not.
    I can promise you with my life that if you knew nothing about the trinity, never heard of it and had never read the bible in your life, once you picked up a bible and started reading it, the thought or a concept of a trinity type being would never enter your mind. Never.....
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:212 edits
    @galveston75 said
    We only worship Jehovah............ We did not write the Bible. It calls Jesus a Might God so that's what he is..
    Well your lot did kind of did write your own version of the bible, but anyway...

According to the Bible and the WatchTower Jesus is Mighty God and Father.

How many spiritual “Fathers” do you have?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:49
    @galveston75 said
    But you’ve just admitted that Jesus is Mighty God and that this is what the bible says.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:531 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I believe exactly what the Bible says.
    The Bible has called Jesus a mighty God, not me, the Bible. But never, never if you can get it straight who the scripture is talking about, and it is Jehovah, is Jesus ever called The Almighty God.
    So according to the bible which you believe “exactly what it says”... Jesus is your saviour, he is your Mighty God and he is your Everlasting Father.

And yet Jehovah, is also your saviour, he is also your Father and he is also your Almighty God.

But you expect people to just accept that you have one saviour, one father and one god on the basis of...what?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 07:00
    @galveston75 said
    I can promise you with my life that if you knew nothing about the trinity, never heard of it and had never read the bible in your life, once you picked up a bible and started reading it, the thought or a concept of a trinity type being would never enter your mind. Never.....
    The same can be said for your weird and wonderful Jehovah’s Witness beliefs.

You are a multi-generational cult member who has been indoctrinated by your parents to believe the utter nonsense which the watchtower pumps out at you. All the failed prophesies, ridiculous rules, erroneous doctrines, dangerous teachings (such as blood transfusions) and terrible bullying behaviours (such as the abuse of power associated with ostracising members).
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 13:04
    @galveston75 said
    Hi. Well if Jehovah absolutely knew everything in the future then I'm sure he wouldn't have created man to begin with or at least come up with another couple. So I know some believe he see's everything in the future but it doesn't look like it.
    And maybe you haven't looked over all I said but no where in the Bible does it say Jesus HAD to come to earth. From all indica ...[text shortened]... e importance of it and and that he completely knew he was going to resurrect him in just a few days.
    The thing is God is unchanging. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God was perfect in harmony at all times, is, and forever will be. He doesn't change so there isn't a learning curve for God at any point in time or out of time. The Lord knew what was coming and acted with this knowledge. He gave us the ability to understand and acquire knowledge, experience love, to see and grasp the beauty of His creation, and the best part to have fellowship with Him. These abilities especially love can only be real with the ability to say no or reject it. Love isn’t real if it programmed into us, or forced, and the fall was when Adam and Eve choose a more self-centered life, making what they wanted for themselves above all else. They quickly discovered that the ability to know good and evil didn’t make us good.

God said, let us make man in our image, what was to come He knew, if not He isn't all-knowing, we cannot put human weaknesses and limitations on God. If we do anything other than accept scripture as written when it comes to God, we are designing our own God in our minds, and doing it to our specifications. He will always accomplish, and in His will is perfect peace, love, justice, holiness while those fighting against Him live in wickedness and evil. We see in this life today good and evil, the root of all evil is when self is more important than God and each other, which is why the two great commandments are to love God, and love each other.

Right now, our salvation has been won, paid in full by God, not some other part of the creation taking a dive for us. Jesus took on our humanity God with us. He understands our plight completely as He became sin for us. So our salvation is the work of God not man. It is the gift we cannot earn or work for it is too excellent and our abilities and sinful nature too much to overcome on our own. Salvation is personal with God and us, and it is between God and each one of us not us and some denomination or group; God has no grandchildren.
    “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.”

Malachi 3 (ESV)
    “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from my statutes and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. But you say, ‘How shall we return?’

Psalm 90 (ESV)
    Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. You return man to dust and say, “Return, O children of man!”

Isaiah 46: (ESV)
    “Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

Philippians 2 (ESV)
    Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 15:29
    @kellyjay said
    The thing is God is unchanging. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Then why did he change between the Old and New testaments?

😀
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 17:13
    @KellyJay

So do you believe in fate or predestination?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 17:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Then why did he change between the Old and New testaments?

😀
    How did he change? Thanks..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree