1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '15 19:58
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Whoever is the corporate darling will win, whether it is Hillary or Jeb.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '15 20:034 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you are saying that ideal US President would be an atheist?
    I don't think candidates think they could win if they said they were atheist.

As for Hillary, she is puzzling. On the one hand she says she is a Methodist, but still supports abortion. Last I checked the Methodist church is against abortion. Then again, they changed their minds on gay marriage so perhaps they did the same with abortion while I wasn't looking. They are a fickle bunch

It was Hillary who said that the church needed to change their views on abortion, so maybe she views herself as the Martin Luther of the Progressive church as she leads them into the light of the democrat party platform. Maybe Progs can start a Party church that embraces gay marriage, abortion on demand, and state redistribution of wealth.

Who knows, maybe she will even write a new Bible like the Mormons did.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '15 07:58
    Originally posted by whodey

As for Hillary, she is puzzling. On the one hand she says she is a Methodist, but still supports abortion. Last I checked the Methodist church is against abortion. Then again, they changed their minds on gay marriage so perhaps they did the same with abortion while I wasn't lo ...[text shortened]... istribution of wealth.

I didn't ask whether or not you thought someone saying they were atheist would win.

I asked you, based on your comments on the previous page, if you therefore thought the ideal candidate for U.S. president would be an atheist?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '15 08:29

As for Hillary, she is puzzling. On the one hand she says she is a Methodist, but still supports abortion. Last I checked the Methodist church is against abortion. Then again, they changed their minds on gay marriage so perhaps they did the same with abortion while I wasn't lo ...[text shortened]... istribution of wealth.

Why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not? [Bump]
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '15 10:36
    That is a lie.

Conservatives give to the poor in terms of money and their time compared to liberals who vote for politicians that will force them to give more of their money to government to do it for them, the majority of which does not go to the poor.
    It seems that in most cases the larger the amount of money taken in by a charity the smaller percentage of the money is actually used for the charitable purpose. Why is that?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '15 10:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It seems that in most cases the larger the amount of money taken in by a charity the smaller percentage of the money is actually used for the charitable purpose. Why is that?
    Have you a link to statistics that support this claim ~ and I don't mean an opinion piece on a blog somewhere?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '15 11:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you a link to statistics that support this claim ~ and I don't mean an opinion piece on a blog somewhere?
    It is my opinion that supports the claim. If you want statistics, then i suggest you start looking for some, because I do not intend to do your work for you. 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '15 11:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is my opinion that supports the claim. If you want statistics, then i suggest you start looking for some, because I do not intend to do your work for you. 😏
    So you are just posting your personal, ill-informed and uneducated opinions again and expecting them to somehow be assimilated into readers minds while they are ignoring you?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not? [Bump]
    The only time there seems to be an issue is when religious thought contradicts Progressive thought.

Abortion is an example of this. Those that oppose abortion are told they can't influence public policy because of religious reasons. Why is that, or do you disagree with that?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:53
    The only time there seems to be an issue is when religious thought contradicts Progressive thought.

Abortion is an example of this. Those that oppose abortion are told they can't influence public policy because of religious reasons. Why is that, or do you disagree with that?
    So why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not?
    Well if you believe that Jesus wants us to give all our money to the state to help the poor folk then religion is influencing the state via her religious beliefs. The same can be said of abortion and gay marriage.

What if she feels Jesus wants her to attack ISIS to save Christians being slaughtered in Syria?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    31 May '15 14:53
    Well if you believe that Jesus wants us to give all our money to the state to help the poor folk then religion is influencing the state via her religious beliefs. The same can be said of abortion and gay marriage.

What if she feels Jesus wants her to attack ISIS to save Christians being slaughtered in Syria?
    So you consider a politician expressing (Christian) beliefs a violation of the separation of Church and state?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '15 15:141 edit

Based on your comments on the previous page, are you saying that the ideal candidate to be the U.S. president would be an atheist? Third time asking 🙂
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '15 16:39

I support freedom of speech including speech influenced by religious beliefs even where I disagree with the policies that are advocated. Third time of asking on this thread, we shall see if you ignore/sidestep it yet again: Why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 17:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I support freedom of speech including speech influenced by religious beliefs even where I disagree with the policies that are advocated. Third time of asking on this thread, we shall see if you ignore/sidestep it yet again: Why do you keep asking if Hillary Clinton's Christian beliefs and motivations constitute a "violation of the separation church and state" when you know full well that they do not?
    So you are OK with Hillary making policy decisions based upon what she thinks Jesus would do even though you may not agree with them?

Got it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree