1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 16:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Even worse than being a female democrat?
    Of course.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 17:32
    Even worse than being a female democrat?
    Why do you give a rat's ass about what atheists think? You already know we are 1) a lost cause, we know we are right and 2) we are therefore in your fantasy world, going to hell anyway so why not just keep quiet and let us go on our way unbothered?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do you give a rat's ass about what atheists think? You already know we are 1) a lost cause, we know we are right and 2) we are therefore in your fantasy world, going to hell anyway so why not just keep quiet and let us go on our way unbothered?
    Did you mean to reply to me? 😕

Unless I'm missing your point or you have missed mine...
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 18:08
    We Christians are compassionate even toward atheist and wish them to come to the knowledge of God and His Christ so they might be saved. Praise the LORD!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 18:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We Christians are compassionate even toward atheist and wish them to come to the knowledge of God and His Christ so they might be saved. Praise the LORD!
    Christians are generally compassionate.

You, not so much.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 18:27
    "even" the atheists huh? Wow what an amazing compassion that is.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 05:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think their churches losing their tax exempt status could cause people to change their religious beliefs?
    It would be motivation for the leaders of the church to change church doctrine.

To date, I believe the Methodists have changed their tune on gay marriage, so changing it on abortion as well would not shock me that much.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 05:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    It would be motivation for the leaders of the church to change church doctrine.

To date, I believe the Methodists have changed their tune on gay marriage, so changing it on abortion as well would not shock me that much.
    What is the mechanism in the US for removing tax exempt status from some churches and not others on the basis of specific doctrines? Can you give us examples of it happening?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 00:55
    My apologies for thinking you were part of the rat pack.
    Oh, he is. Problem is, it's just a different pack of rats.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 12:34
    Did you mean to reply to me? 😕

Unless I'm missing your point or you have missed mine...
    Sorry, wasn't meant for you, mis-tagged the post.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 01:231 edit
    Of course.
    Do you think Whodey is right to be concerned about a president allowing their religious beliefs to influence their decision making?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 01:55
    Do you think Whodey is right to be concerned about a president allowing thier religious beliefs to influence their decision making?
    One should be concerned about one's religious belief influencing their decision making because one would be naive to think otherwise. 😏
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 02:02
    One should be concerned about one's religious belief influencing their decision making because one would be naive to think otherwise. 😏
    Why do you think Whodey is right to be concerned?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 02:32
    Why do you think Whodey is right to be concerned?
    I just told you what I think, but I can't tell you what is in Whodey's mind.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 02:502 edits
    I just told you what I think, but I can't tell you what is in Whodey's mind.
    You said we should be concerned, but you didn't say why. Why should we be concerned about Hilary Clinton's religious beliefs impacting her decisions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree