1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Since you raised the point I've done a little light reading on the subject, and it appears to me that the original vedic teachings related to a far more flexible caste system than you allude to, one in which mobility between castes existed. The Purusha Sukta, the part of the vedas to which I assume you are referring, appears to belong to the later v eligion. I feel sure that he would not judge your beliefs in the way you appear to judge his.
    yes yes, i have also read all these apologetics as well, its an interpolation, its a social convention, its contradicted elsewhere, its this, its that, its practised by Hindus, that's what it IS!

did any of you take the time to read the report by human rights organisation that i posted. did you?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 21:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If it bothers you that much Rob, why don't you take yourself to your local Hindu temple to ask your questions and maybe have a cup of tea with them?
    been there, been to Hindhu temple, been to Gurdwara (Sikh temple), been to Ahmadiyya Muslim mission (a kind of Muslim learning centre), been to Shia centre, talked with Molvies (Islamic spiritual leaders), talked to Bhai etc etc etc i dont in fact have any questions for them, other than why their adherents practice a form of apartheid.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 21:231 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    It seems RC really doesn't care about the facts. As I've repeatedly tried to explain to him, from what I've read, the Indian caste system is not supported by Hinduism proper. Rather it something that became ingrained in the Indian culture partly based on a false understanding of the scriptures.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India
    l continue his crusade regardless of how many explain to him that he is misinformed.
    did you read the human rights report that i posted, nope, well get your slimy hijacking butt out of my thread until you do.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 21:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    been there, been to Hindhu temple, been to Gurdwara (Sikh temple), been to Ahmadiyya Muslim mission (a kind of Muslim learning centre), been to Shia centre, talked with Molvies (Islamic spiritual leaders), talked to Bhai etc etc etc i dont in fact have any questions for them, other than why their adherents practice a form of apartheid.
    And what was their response to your question?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:012 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    And what was their response to your question?
    i never asked them any questions, first time i went it was only to see what it was like, i was allowed in but had to take my shoes off. second time i went it was like Holi, (a festival) preparations were being held so i just went away.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:193 edits
    did you read the human rights report that i posted, nope, well get your slimy hijacking butt out of my thread until you do.
    And as usual, all you can do is name call. I've provided evidence that the Indian caste system is not a part of Hinduism proper as have others. Thus far you've posted no evidence that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper. I only briefly glanced at the human rights report, but didn't see anything that supports your position that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper nor did it look like there would be anything to that effect. If there is anything there, why don't you pull the evidence out and post it on this thread.

Is this attack on Hinduism just a way of deflecting attention away from the JWs and their discriminatory position regarding women and homosexuals?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:22
    See thats the thing- its not YOUR thread just cause you started it
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:273 edits
    And as usual, all you can do is name call. I've provided evidence that the Indian caste system is not a part of Hinduism proper as have others. Thus far you've posted no evidence that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper. I only briefly glanced at the human rights report, but didn't see anything that supports your position that it is definitely part o ...[text shortened]... If there is anything there, why don't you pull the evidence out and post it on this thread.
    and i have provided links and evidence to show that it is intrinsically linked. indeed there are literally thousands of sites on the internet claiming these very things, if you did not read the link, then why are you hear? the link was intentionally provided to show the effects of caste system, as PRACTICED by Hindus, based on an understanding of their belief system, read the report or get out! πŸ™‚

indeed if you had read any of my posts and actually managed to assimilate anything, before your ego kicked in, you would have realised that i mentioned that in the original Vedic text there was no provision made for the caste of untouchables, but noooooooo, you did not read it and thus never got the sense and now you are slithering for evidence for this and that? Its there, go back and read the text that i have written, i will not do so again if you cannot be bothered to read them the first time. Slacker πŸ™‚
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    See thats the thing- its not YOUR thread just cause you started it
    its mine i tell you , all mine mine mine! πŸ™‚
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:321 edit
    indeed I put it to you all, why are the Dalit men, women and children, termed 'untouchable'. Please answer intelligently.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:423 edits
    and i have provided links and evidence to show that it is intrinsically linked. indeed there are literally thousands of sites on the internet claiming these very things, if you did not read the link, then why are you hear? the link was intentionally provided to show the effects of caste system, as PRACTICED by Hindus, based on an understanding of t ...[text shortened]... at i have written, i will not do so again if you cannot be bothered to read them the first time.
    And you still have posted no evidence that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper. None, zero, nada.

Just because those identifying themselves as Hindu's have supported it in the past, does not mean that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper.

Perhaps an example closer to home will help you to understand the fallacy of your thinking.

From http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/04/29/eveningnews/main551557.shtml
    From the time she was 10, until she turned 13, Heidi, a Jehovah's Witness, says she was molested by a member of her congregation. Finally, she turned to the leaders of her faith.

And what did they say?

"They asked me, do you think this could be a misunderstanding? And I said, no. No, I'm very sure of how his hands were on my body and there's no way to misunderstand that," Meyer said.

But the elders dismissed her plea for help and sent her away with a warning: "You need to keep quiet about this. You don't want to drag his name through the mud. You don't want to drag the name of Jehovah's organization through the mud."

Bill Bowen, an elder for more than 20 years explained, "Anything that an elder says is viewed as the direct word of God."

Based on this, would you insist that the protection of pedophiles is definitely intrinsically linked to the practices of the JWs? After all, it was PRACTICED by JWs.

There are many other reports of this practice as well.

As an example, from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/ns/nightly_news
    The Jehovah's Witnesses have settled nine lawsuits alleging church policies protected men who sexually abused children for many years.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:533 edits
    And you still have posted no evidence that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper. None, zero, nada.

Just because those identifying themselves as Hindu's have supported it in the past, does not mean that it is definitely part of Hinduism proper.

Perhaps an example closer to home will help you to understand the fallacy of your thinking.

From htt church policies protected men who sexually abused children for many years.[/quote]
    see if your little mind can assimilate this,

During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States; In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts."

source wikipedia

now i want you to compare that to any religious organisation or any national average, and i want to hear you say it,

how many allegations of sexual abuse have been levelled against the protestant denominations, how many against the catholic church? how many in the general populace and when you have coughed it up, get your slimy hijacking butt out my thread.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 22:57

From htt ...[text shortened]... church policies protected men who sexually abused children for many years.[/quote]
    indeed I put it to you all, why are the Dalit men, women and children, termed 'untouchable'. Please answer intelligently.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 23:055 edits

During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States; In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts."

source wikipedia

now i want you to compare ...[text shortened]... eral populace and when you have coughed it up, get your slimy hijacking butt but of my thread.
    could not bring yourself to say it,

13,000 credible accusations against Catholic clerics since 1950, only 60 years

Protestant Church Insurers Handle 260 Sex Abuse Cases a Year, last one hundred years = 26,000

InsuranceJournal.com

feeling like a complete idiot yet?

now i apologise to you dear reader, for the hijacking attempt. i shall ask the question again.

why are the Dalit men, women and children, termed 'untouchable'. Please answer intelligently.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 23:19

source wikipedia

now i want you to compare ...[text shortened]... general populace and when you have coughed it up, get your slimy hijacking butt out my thread.
    But its not you thread robπŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ™„πŸ˜²

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree