1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:32
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Please show me in the bible where gay = eternal damnation. And also where this great description of hell is.

Nyxie
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you."

Leviticus 18:22-24

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 20:13

Note: The nation of Israel at this time lived under a Theocracy, which means that God directly ruled over them. Today however, there is no nation that is a theocracy, hence there is not a death penalty for things such as homosexuality and breaking of the Sabbath as there was with Israel.

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Romans 1:26-27

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

1 Corinthians 6:9

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:35
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Man I bet he has some impure thoughts about you Darfius... you sexy little minx you. Which brings up the question if your... 'friend' lusts after you, are you jeopordizing his immortal soul by being a constant source of temptation for him. At this very moment he could be thinking about gently massaging your pasty white buttocks.

If my friend lusts after me, that is between him and God. Though I doubt he is, I'm no Don Juan. 😉

And my buttocks isn't white.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:39
    Did you just say that aids started with homosexuals? Please please go read some facts.

Having love for another person is totally the opposite of selfishness. Having love for another does not make you anti-God.

Nyxie
    I meant in America. It came from monkeys, of course, but it was spread primarily among homosexuals when first brought to the U.S.

It's not about their love, it's about them disobeying God to obey their bodily lusts. Love must not always manifest itself in sex.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:43
    Originally posted by Darfius

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you."

Leviticus ...[text shortened]... r strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

[/b]
    Please explain 1 Samuel 18:1-4

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

Nyxie
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:45
    I meant in America. It came from monkeys, of course, but it was spread primarily among homosexuals when first brought to the U.S.

It's not about their love, it's about them disobeying God to obey their bodily lusts. Love must not always manifest itself in sex.
    You really believe that peope just choose to be gay?

Like one day they wake up and say "you know what, I've decided to become an outcast, to be looked down upon by society, to be cursed by God, and to be different from other people. To be disowned from my family and excommunicated from the church."

You really think people would choose this?

Nyxie
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:48
    You really believe that peope just choose to be gay?

Like one day they wake up and say "you know what, I've decided to become an outcast, to be looked down upon by society, to be cursed by God, and to be different from other people. To be disowned from my family and excommunicated from the church."

You really think people would choose this?

Nyxie
    Of course not. I believe their environment chose it for them, but I believe they choose to continue in their sin in direct defiance of God.
  7. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:50

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

Nyxie

Sad attempt Nyxie. Please explain to me where it states they had a gay relationship ?

8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:51

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own so ...[text shortened]... ve it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

Nyxie
    Sure.

Jonathan was Saul's son. He was also David's best friend, and gave David his armor so David could go fight for Israel.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:52

Leviticus ...[text shortened]... r strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

[/b]
    Are there any quotes from Jesus in the Gospels saying homosexuals would go to Hell?
  10. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:53
    Of course not. I believe their environment chose it for them, but I believe they choose to continue in their sin in direct defiance of God.
    Why would anyone choose to be outcasts and damned for eternity. Seriously try to look at this from a different perspective.

Do you personally think that if john and joe have sex it is cause for eternal damnation? Do you think it's wrong? If so, why does God hate gay people.

I don't remember Jesus running around talking about gay people. Jesus spoke of worldy things coming between men and God, Money, fame, even religion itself. He did not ever say that gay was wrong. If it was that importnt surely he'd have mentioned it somwhere.

Nyxie
  11. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:541 edit
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    [b]Please explain 1 Samuel 18:1-4

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. ...[text shortened]... se explain to me where it states they had a gay relationship ?

"Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said to him, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman, do I not know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame, and to the shame of your mother's nakedness. For as long as the son of Jesse lives on this earth neither you nor your kingdom shall be established." {1 Samuel 20:30-31}

Your mother made you a mama's boy excuse. read it...also :

2 Sam 25-26} Jonathan lies slain upon thy high places, I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me, your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women".

I suppose the love for each other is just good friendship?
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:54
    Doofus and R B were preachers ,
    Oh . Lawdy ,,how they -s- could preach.
    There wasnt a low in their ideals
    That one of them couldoodnt reach.

They preached of the Man
    but they ggottt it wrong

any body recognise the tune?
  13. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are there any quotes from Jesus in the Gospels saying homosexuals would go to Hell?
    Surely not and that was the point of my next post 🙂

Nyxie
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:58
    If my friend lusts after me, that is between him and God. Though I doubt he is, I'm no Don Juan. 😉

And my buttocks isn't white.
    Off white or a tan color then. You know your buddy yearns to oil you up like a lifeguard on a summer day.

I doubt he has much of a choice, though, few people would willingly subject themselves to what must be a torturous existance. The struggle through adolecense must be punishing. Maybe God intends homosexuality to be genetically or instinctually programmed... say as a method of population control. It would make sense in a nomadic pack society to have a certain number of the males dedicated to defending the pack without conflict with the Alpha Male. Homosexuality would facilitate this concept.

You can't deny your feelings forever, its obvious that you, Ivan Ho and Moorauder lust fiendishly after each other in some sort of bizzare love triangle.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 00:02
    Feel free to educate me Kirksey.

Nyxie
    Nyxie, you have fallen victim to the musical avatars. Pcaspian is trying to remove any latent homosexual feelings he has by using my avatar. Please join me in wishing him well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree