1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:39
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I do not have a job. However, I discuss my faith at school.
    Do you do this in the context of academic discussion, or do you discuss your faith socially, or both?
  2. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:39
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Once again, I will start off by saying that I am not very well versed in the bible, but does it actually condemn homosexuals? If so, could you please give the chapter and verse.

Hmm, easier is to search on Google. Leviticus 18,20 I believe or 20 and 22 deals primarily with sexual immoralities, then there are numerous references in the NT, however I would not be able to name them.

An argument however, and this is a painfull argument to undertake, is that homosexuality was not explicitly referred to in the bible. Temple prostitution is one substitute, but these truely are weak arguments.

pc
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:41
    Holy smokes, this game of musical avatars is making me dizzy.
    It's also making me think that it has finally made pcaspian realize that he is gay.
  4. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:42
    Note the latest FW ticker.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:43
    The Bible is incapable of misinformation, since it is from God.
    Are you suggesting it wasn't humans who wrote the bible?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:45
    Darfius, how does one give up homosexuality. I understand not having sex, but your best friend cannot give up his sexuality anymore than you can. Also, could you respond to www.godhatesfags.com? Is this church website over the edge for you?
  7. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Holy smokes, this game of musical avatars is making me dizzy.
    It's also making me think that it has finally made pcaspian realize that he is gay.

Dude... I feel gay with this avatar. Won't be able to keep it too much longer. Freaks me out everytime I check out the forums...
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:53
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    [b]Holy smokes, this game of musical avatars is making me dizzy.

Dude... I feel gay with this avatar. Won't be able to keep it too much longer. Freaks me out everytime I check out the forums...[/b]
    You might try mine. It's the cure for feelin gay.
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:57
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Do you do this in the context of academic discussion, or do you discuss your faith socially, or both?
    Both.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:57
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Are you suggesting it wasn't humans who wrote the bible?
    No, I'm suggesting it was humans who willing gave up their free will and let the Holy Spirit guide their hand in writing the Bible.
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:59
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Darfius, how does one give up homosexuality. I understand not having sex, but your best friend cannot give up his sexuality anymore than you can. Also, could you respond to www.godhatesfags.com? Is this church website over the edge for you?
    Well, I meant gave it up in the sense that he doesn't practice it. His sexual preference probably remains the same, but he is also taking that to prayer, since it isn't a genetic thing, but rather a result of environment. The website is deplorable. As I said, God hates sin, NOT the sinner. He loves us all, me no more than you.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:07
    No, I'm suggesting it was humans who willing gave up their free will and let the Holy Spirit guide their hand in writing the Bible.
    "willingly gave up their free will"

LOL 😀😀😀
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:09
    Well, I meant gave it up in the sense that he doesn't practice it. His sexual preference probably remains the same, but he is also taking that to prayer, since it isn't a genetic thing, but rather a result of environment. The website is deplorable. As I said, God hates sin, NOT the sinner. He loves us all, me no more than you.
    Tell me about the environment that you think presupposes gayness. I have some ideas on this myself, though I do believe that there are some individuals who are born homosexual in much the same way that some people are born inside the body of the wrong sex, such as people who undergo sex change operations. To undergo that one must truly be convinced that something dreadfully wrong occurred.
  14. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:09
    Haha, glad to see the moderation is still going strong !

I figured for having an avatar like that one I deserved to be banned from the site...

oh well, where were we ?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:12
    I do not have a job. However, I discuss my faith at school.
    It's easy to talk now, but wait until you depend on a job for your livelihood. Trust me, you'll think twice about being too pushy with your beliefs then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree