Hope for us all...

Hope for us all...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things that anyone can find thru their own research. No one is getting any where with this constant attacking and I'm tired of it. I'm only posting this to give someone who might be looking for some hope out of this world that is offering nothing positive as most on this forum don't do either.
So if your not interested in hope for the future..don't read it.
Attacking? Have you gone soft?

You posted an article (from on organisation of which you are a member) on a public forum. I was kind enough to briefly scan the article and had a couple of questions as a result of reading it.

How on earth is that attacking?

F

Moves
03 Aug 10
2 edits

Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things that anyone can find thru their own research.

[b]Lol....Robbie and myself have answered every reasonably asked question that's been brought to us. The ones we don't waist our time with or ones that are useless and child like with no true desire to listen much less learn something.
[/b]Your answer confirms just what I said.
You just answer the questions that you want to answer.
This is symptomatic for a cult.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Your answer confirms just what I said.
You just answer the questions that you want to answer.
This is symptomatic for a cult.[/b]
Watch out for the big bad cult..Gonna get you...Lol.

F

Moves
03 Aug 10

Watch out for the big bad cult..Gonna get you...Lol.
You mean Jehovas Witnesses?
Well, they're banging on the door now and then.
I mention your name, and they become dead silent.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Attacking? Have you gone soft?

You posted an article (from on organisation of which you are a member) on a public forum. I was kind enough to briefly scan the article and had a couple of questions as a result of reading it.

How on earth is that attacking?
I'm just very curious as to why you hang out here so much Knob? Your not a religious person at all but yet your here way to often. You should create your own Bible bashing forum. What an idea huh?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Aug 10

I'm just very curious as to why you hang out here so much Knob? Your not a religious person at all but yet your here way to often. You should create your own Bible bashing forum. What an idea huh?
I'm going to demonstrate a little 'forum decorum' to you old man, i will answer your questions. Then you shall answer mine if it's not too much trouble.

I'm just very curious as to why you hang out here so much Knob?

The short answer is, it passes the time and i also find it fun. I have learnt a lot since i started posting in this forum, from many people including yourself. The mind of the fundamentalist is a fascinating one.

I have a keen interest in evolution, albeit an 'armchair' role, and i like to debate evolution with people. Although it transpires that most people who reject evolution don't have a clue what they're talking about (Vishy was the latest of a long line). The 'conflict' between science and religion, or should i say truth and fairytales, is an interesting one. I also like to stick up for homosexuals from the rampant homophobia that seeps out of Christianity like puss from an infected wound, the JW's seem quite keen on that issue.

Your not a religious person at all but yet your here way to often.

Is there a limit on how much i can post in this forum? If there is who decides? And how come i know nothing about it? Or are you walking down the old 'anyone who disagrees with me doesn't know anyting about spirituality' route again. It's a particular theme of yours, i call it arrogance, many people would agree with me i think.

You should create your own Bible bashing forum.

I have no problem with the Bible, it's merely a 'Bronze Age superhero tale'. I like to bash the 'mafflards' that follow it blindly.

Now back to my questions. Historically accurate according to whom?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Aug 10

I'm going to demonstrate a little 'forum decorum' to you old man, i will answer your questions. Then you shall answer mine if it's not too much trouble.

[b]I'm just very curious as to why you hang out here so much Knob?

The short answer is, it passes the time and i also find it fun. I have learnt a lot since i started posting in this forum, fro ...[text shortened]... ndly.

Now back to my questions. Historically accurate according to whom?[/b]
I apprecite your answer and I thought I had answered yours but I guess I need to know exactly what your referring to.
And I don't understand your thinking I'm arrogent with my answers. I'm answering with honest answers and ones that I believe in. Are you not doing the same? If so then we are just both being honest I would think if we are to have honest discussions then name calling should not be in the mix. Don't you think?

F

Moves
03 Aug 10
3 edits

Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things that anyone can find thru their own research.

I apprecite your answer and I thought I had answered yours but I guess I need to know exactly what your referring to.
[/b]I just want to remind you that you're not at all answering his questions. You even say yourself that you don't.
I think that you just avoid questions of which you don't know the answer.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Aug 10

Just some upbeat good news for us all....

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200805a/article_01.htm
From the second paragraph:
Although distorted and embellished, the legends have too many common elements to be coincidental. This has led many to the conclusion that the stories were derived from historical events.

I would like to ask how they came to the conclusion that the elements of the legends could not be coincidental. What formula did they use, or was it just a snap judgement based on a feel for it?
I would also point out the conclusion that the stories are derived from historical events is not the only possible explanation. There are a number of other possible reasons why common elements may occur in legends.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Aug 10
1 edit

Historically accurate according to whom?
In the context of the article, they are not necessarily saying it is historically accurate, but rather that it is a detailed history (account) rather than a legend (not necessarily intended to be accurate).
I would dispute their claim though. The Genesis account bears all the hallmarks of being a legend rather than a historical account. Though legend isn't the right word - I would go with 'fable', 'fairy tale', or 'story'.

F

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
In the context of the article, they are not necessarily saying it is historically accurate, but rather that it is a detailed history (account) rather than a legend (not necessarily intended to be accurate).
I would dispute their claim though. The Genesis account bears all the hallmarks of being a legend rather than a historical account. Though legend isn't the right word - I would go with 'fable', 'fairy tale', or 'story'.
If galveston says it is historically correct, then you say he is plain wrong?

I say that anyone saying that the bible is historically correct is just that, plain wrong. It is not more than a collection of beduine stories, propaganda stories, and stories with a purpose.

My mother threatened me, when I was a child, with the 'water man' so I wouldn't unaccompagned go too near the nearby pond. In the biblical days they threatened the people with the 'big guy above' who sees everything what you're doing. I'm grown up now, I don't believe in the 'water man' anymore. I don't belive in any 'big guy above' either of the same reason.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Aug 10

And I don't understand your thinking I'm arrogent with my answers. I'm answering with honest answers and ones that I believe in. Are you not doing the same? If so then we are just both being honest I would think if we are to have honest discussions then name calling should not be in the mix. Don't you think?
Your arrogance show up like lightening on a dark night when you claim (either directly or by implication) that only the JWs are right, that only the JW have the truth, only the JWs can make up the 144,000, on the JWs can be part of the earthly paradise.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
Your arrogance show up like lightening on a dark night when you claim (either directly or by implication) that only the JWs are right, that only the JW have the truth, only the JWs can make up the 144,000, on the JWs can be part of the earthly paradise.
Well your a very misinformed lier because no Witness or publication has ever said that. Only God decides who lives and dies. Your not to bright....

F

Moves
04 Aug 10
1 edit

Your not to bright....
You are very sensitive getting insults, but you have no problems with giving insults.

Are JW culters more sensitive than others? Or do you think JW culters are above others?

An apology to Rajk999 would be appropriate...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You are very sensitive getting insults, but you have no problems with giving insults.

Are JW culters more sensitive than others? Or do you think JW culters are above others?

An apology to Rajk999 would be appropriate...
Lol....