1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 23:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You actually read it? Wow..I'm impressed.
    Are you going to answer the question?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 00:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't you believe in hell either then?
    Hell is the common grave we go to when dead from all aspects of the Bible. There is no such thing as a burning hell that wicked ones go to.
    The Lake of Fire the Bible speaks of is symbolic of a second death or a total death with not resurrection possible.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 00:29
    You actually read it? Wow..I'm impressed.
    This has been explained to you over and over and over.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And your answer to the question is .............. ?

I can read and understand. Thats why I know what JWs believe and that their doctrines are wrong.
    You probably won't get this but it's worth trying.....

"As the following texts and surrounding verses show, at the time of his impalement abusive speech was directed against Christ by passersby, who said, “Bah! You would-be thrower-down of the temple and builder of it in three days’ time, save yourself by coming down off the torture stake.” Similar words came from one of the evildoers alongside. (Mr 15:29, 30; Mt 27:39, 40; Lu 23:39) Paul and his fellow Christians were objects of such speech by those who falsely construed their purpose, message, and Christian conscience (Ac 18:6; Ro 3:8; 14:16; 1Co 10:30; 1Pe 4:4), yet they themselves were to “speak injuriously of no one,” and by their conduct gave no true grounds for their work or message to be spoken of abusively. (Eph 4:31; Col 3:8; 1Ti 6:1; Tit 2:5; 3:2; compare 2Pe 2:2.) Even the angels “do not bring . . . an accusation in abusive terms, not doing so out of respect for Jehovah.” (2Pe 2:11)

""""" But such talk can be expected from those who indulge in loose conduct, those who are proud and mentally diseased over questionings and debates, and those who disregard or disrespect God’s appointments.—1Ti 6:4; 2Pe 2:10-12; Jude 8-10.""""

The word gadhaph; is used in a corresponding way in the Hebrew Scriptures. Evidently originally referring to inflicting violent physical injury, it is used figuratively to mean “speak abusively,” that is, harm with reproachful words. (Nu 15:30; 2Ki 19:6; Eze 20:27) The Hebrew word naqav;, basically meaning “pierce; bore” (2Ki 12:9; 18:21), has the sense of blaspheming in the account where the son of an Israelite woman was said to have ‘abused’ Jehovah’s name. (Le 24:11, 16) In these cases harsh or coarse speech is indicated, directed against either Jehovah God himself or his people. A study of the context makes clear the nature of such “abusive speech.”—See EXECRATION; MALEDICTION; REVILING.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 01:27
    You probably won't get this but it's worth trying.....

"As the following texts and surrounding verses show, at the time of his impalement abusive speech was directed against Christ by passersby, who said, “Bah! You would-be thrower-down of the temple and builder of it in three days’ time, save yourself by coming down off the torture stake.” Similar wo ...[text shortened]... es clear the nature of such “abusive speech.”—See EXECRATION; MALEDICTION; REVILING.
    So if I speak against you or the JWs its like speaking against Christ and God and its tantamount to blasphemy?

You are full of yourself !!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 01:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So if I speak against you or the JWs its like speaking against Christ and God and its tantamount to blasphemy?

You are full of yourself !!
    You never know and if so I'd hate to be in your shoes... ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 03:56
    Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things that anyone can find thru their own research. No one is getting any where with this constant attacking and I'm tired of it. I'm only posting this to give someone who might be looking for some hope out of this world that is offering nothing positive as most on this forum don't do either.
    So if your not interested in hope for the future..don't read it.
    So you don't know the answer then?
    It was a fair question, you know.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is that two or three unanswered questions? (out of 22 posts๐Ÿ˜• )
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 04:44
    You think we're being a bit harsh on G75 without Robbie around?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 04:58
    I think that if you start a new thread with a very particular topic, decides to answer some questions and not others, then it is very easy to have the suspicion that you don't know the answers, don't know the subject, or are plainly rude or fragile.

In this case, I just don't think galve know the answers.

"Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things that anyone can find thru their own research." Dawkins doesn't answer in this way. What would happen if Einstein answered questions in the similar spirit? Wouldn't Obama get qritics if he answered questions from journalists in this way?

If he does know the answers, then Galv is plain rude. Perhaps all JW culters are rude. Like 'Give me the right questions, or else I will not answer.' Hmmm, very JW stylish.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 05:192 edits
    I think that if you start a new thread with a very particular topic, decides to answer some questions and not others, then it is very easy to have the suspicion that you don't know the answers, don't know the subject, or are plainly rude or fragile.

"Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things tha Like 'Give me the right questions, or else I will not answer.' Hmmm, very JW stylish.
    I guess the bottom line is that Jws just aren't ready to have a real spiritual conversation. With them conversation is only a one way street. They either tell you how spirituality really is or they discredit your alternative opinions and tell you the "error of your ways".

<<<Loook G75, I'm not trying to be mean here , but nearly all the Jws I've met have been like this. There is no disagreement with them. They know all the answers of where we came from and how and why. Rational scientists have concluded that there is much we do not know about our origons, like not knowing exactly how old our species is and just giving an estimate. What secret ingredient do the JWs have that makes us KNOW that they in fact know the real truth and not vishvahetu or twitehead?

(is it to soon for another question?...oops...)>>>
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 05:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't you believe in hell either then?
    Do you figure that is the direction your headed in?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 06:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I guess the bottom line is that Jws just aren't ready to have a real spiritual conversation. With them conversation is only a one way street. They either tell you how spirituality really is or they discredit your alternative opinions and tell you the "error of your ways".
    That is why I insist calling them a cult, and their followers JW cultists.

A good advice for everyone - avoid them!

They have no interest in debating. Why would they? They posess the truth anyway? Therefore they are closed in their minds. They don't care to look for information outside the little cult of theirs. Why would they?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 06:38
    Why give an answer when not one of you cares what I say. But to answer Knobs question is I see no footnotes at the bottom of this article saying where the info came from. So since there are no footnotes how an I supposed to know that answer?????
    But any of you can write the Society yourselves with any such questions and get the answer you desire...
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 06:591 edit

"Sorry Knob as I'm thru debaiting things tha Like 'Give me the right questions, or else I will not answer.' Hmmm, very JW stylish.
    Lol....Robbie and myself have answered every reasonably asked question that's been brought to us. The ones we don't waist our time with or ones that are useless and child like with no true desire to listen much less learn something.
    That seems to be a huge differance here is we are trying to show what we know to be the true answers from the bible and we always, always show the scriptures we are quoting from. And we know most here do not agree and that's fine. And we personally may not know the answer or we may even get it wrong.
    But at least we're trying to learn and in turn seeing if we can help others who may have questions. This has got to mean something as no one else here seems to care about anything but strutting their brain power and tearing down and that is a terrible thing to do. Jesus said to carry a message of hope to all that will listen. It's for sure it's not wanted here by anyone or shared to us by anyone.
    If nothing else ever comes out of this then fine but a few here really need to grow up, get off your pedestals that is made of ego dung and open your stuffed up heads and listen and maybe you'll learn something new. Lol, yeah right! John 8:44

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree