Hope for us all...

Hope for us all...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol....
Arrogance...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Arrogance...
Lol.

F

Moves
04 Aug 10

Lol.
Arrogance *and* ignorance...

Moves
04 Aug 10

You probably won't get this but it's worth trying.....

"As the following texts and surrounding verses show, at the time of his impalement abusive speech was directed against Christ by passersby, who said, “Bah! You would-be thrower-down of the temple and builder of it in three days’ time, save yourself by coming down off the torture stake.” Similar wo ...[text shortened]... es clear the nature of such “abusive speech.”—See EXECRATION; MALEDICTION; REVILING.
Look mate I just want a simple answer to a simple question:

In order for me to avoid hell, gain eternal life, be saved, go to heaven, or whatever JW's call it - do I or do I not have to join the earthly JW church/organisaton in order to achieve it?

Thanks in advance for a straight-forward answer...

F

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by divegeester

In order for me to avoid hell, gain eternal life, be saved, go to heaven, or whatever JW's call it - do I or do I not have to join the earthly JW church/organisaton in order to achieve it?

Good luck.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 10

All that I can say because of time restrictions during the day is if given the chance the next time a Witness stops by your house they would be very happy to spend the time needed to show you from your bible what God ask from us which really isn't much. But again only God reads hearts and decides who is practicing true worship to him. I believe in my heart the Witnesses are the ones that are following the Bible and what god wants from us.
I'll give you a link here to check out more on this if you'd like and I can send you more on this later by message.....

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200803/article_03.htm

Moves
04 Aug 10

All that I can say because of time restrictions during the day is if given the chance the next time a Witness stops by your house they would be very happy to spend the time needed to show you from your bible what God ask from us which really isn't much. But again only God reads hearts and decides who is practicing true worship to him. I believe in my hea ...[text shortened]... d you more on this later by message.....

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200803/article_03.htm
😕

Any chance of a yes or a no dude?

I'm not asking for the whole recipe, just whether or not this single ingredient is mandatory...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 10

😕

Any chance of a yes or a no dude?

I'm not asking for the whole recipe, just whether or not this single ingredient is mandatory...
OK no. No religion can guaranty you one or the other ...As I answered it is God and him alone that decides on our future according to our heart.

Moves
04 Aug 10

OK no. No religion can guaranty you one or the other ...As I answered it is God and him alone that decides on our future according to our heart.
Thank you.

If you say "yes" you are of course trusting in works and a 'membership' for eternal life; if you say "no" (as you have done) you are admitting that it is possible to get eternal life outside of becoming a JW, i.e. through seeking God directly.

It is this single dilemma that convinces me that organised religion is not the 'route' to salvation/heaven, (whatever you wish to call it) and that any organisaton that is 'exclusive' in this teaching is by this definition in error.

Would you agree with this thinking?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 10

You are a coward. Get some blooming balls and speak your mind. You believe that the JWs are the only ones with the ONE TRUE RELIGION. If anyone read the stupid article and followed the links to how the find the one true relgion they would see that the articles claim that the JW are the ONE TRUE RELIGION.

Therefore nobody but JWs according to the article you quoted can get into the earthly paradise mentioned. Here is the final link http://www.watchtower.org/e/200803/article_03.htm

If you believe in something have the guts to say it instead of jerking everybody around.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Aug 10

I don't believe you have actually answered his question. The question is not whether membership with the Jehovah's Witnesses guarantees salvation; the question is whether membership is at least a minimal requirement. Do you acknowledge the possibility that a Catholic, Orthodox or other non-JW can be saved?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
I don't believe you have actually answered his question. The question is not whether membership with the Jehovah's Witnesses guarantees salvation; the question is whether membership is at least a minimal requirement. Do you acknowledge the possibility that a Catholic, Orthodox or other non-JW can be saved?
He is going to nikpick about your use of the word 'saved'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
He is going to nikpick about your use of the word 'saved'.
I see. Well, then, how about 'reception into the earthly paradise"? Nonetheless, it is quite clear that he is being evasive here and has not answered either of your questions directly.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
I see. Well, then, how about 'reception into the earthly paradise"? Nonetheless, it is quite clear that he is being evasive here and has not answered either of your questions directly.
Correct. Lets see if has the guts to state clearly what the JWs believe.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Aug 10

Thank you.

If you say "yes" you are of course trusting in works and a 'membership' for eternal life; if you say "no" (as you have done) you are admitting that it is possible to get eternal life outside of becoming a JW, i.e. through seeking God directly.

It is this single dilemma that convinces me that organised religion is not the 'route' to s ...[text shortened]... n this teaching is by this definition in error.

Would you agree with this thinking?
Well yes and no. It depends on where one is in life and their what their circumstances are. But first it is true that God has dealt with only certain groups or certain nations of people in the past. It's not that he doesn't love mankind as a whole and knows the heart condition of us all. But because of certain things he wanted accomplished or had promised to ones, he dealt and protected them and let his spirit direct them, like the Isrealites for example.
So lets say that god has a special people or group or nation that he might be working thru now but there are many others in the world that are not part of that group because of where their at in the world, health reasons or whatever. The point is God sees them, loves them and will no doubt remember them when a time comes for judgement or resurrection. etc.
But the disadvantage of being alone is that the Bible also says he would have a "People for His Name". So this would indicate that he would still be dealing with a group that first recognizes his name and uses it, and that he would have a people or group or something of an organization. Acts 15:14
Also the Bible says at Prov 3:5 to "not lean upon your own understanding" which is refering to spiritual matters. So again if he is working with a group or religion, that is where you get instruction and knowledge from God himself.