1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 08:421 edit
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    How a Christian thinks:

They think just like the rest of us, but they have one thought though that keeps running through their minds that the rest of us don't.

There is no Allah, there is no Allah, there is no Allah, there is no Allah, there is no Allah....

There is no Vishnu, there is no Vishnu, there is no Vishnu, there is no Vishnu, there is ...[text shortened]... dha, there is no Buddha, there is no buddha....

And repeat for several thousand more Gods...
    How a christian thinks: repeat it enough times and it becomes true.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 11:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    They think just like the rest of us, but they have one thought though that keeps running through their minds that the rest of us don't.

There is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God.... 😉
    'They', 'us', 'they', 'us, 'they', 'us'...

Sad.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 12:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So if I have faith in Jesus I will be admitted into the membership into the "body of christ" and enter into a state of Grace? Is that right?
    Would you mock God?
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 12:24
    Would you mock God?
    Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 12:26
    Would you mock God?
    God might appreciate my bravery
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 15:39
    How a christian thinks: repeat it enough times and it becomes true.
    Jesus is Lord.

Jesus is Lord.

Jesus is really Lord.

Satan is a liar and Jesus is Lord.

Jesus is Lord !

Hey you're right. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 16:24
    I have to say I'm appalled at how shallow this discussion is - are all of you still in the schoolyard? Are there no adults any more? Is everyone now free to display their most infantile self to the whole world? When you treat religion and spirituality this way it demonstrates that you are not serious about it. It shows that you are only interested in your own ego and the 'others' of this world mean nothing to you. Your brothers and sisters, your sons and daughters, their lives are nothing but backdrop for your ego-stroking. Grow up, please. There are children dying right now because ego has superseded good sense at every level of our civilization. I can't imagine a deity that would prefer the death of innocents to your personal disquiet - can you?
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 16:53

There is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God.... 😉
    Nonsense!...my thought processes usually go as follows:

"There is no mainstream God which fits definition 1, There is no mainstream God which fits definition 2,..., There is no mainstream God which fits definition n, There is no mainstream God which fits definition n+1,..., there are no faires, there are no leprechauns, there are no vampires, there are no hobgoblins, there is no Thor, there is no Bahamut, there is no man in the moon, there is no Santa Claus, there are no "borrowers", there is no invisible man, there is no boogie monster, there are no magic carpets, there are no walking dead, there are no real psychics, there are no demons, there is no Hell, there is no truth in tea leaves,..."

🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 16:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Nonsense!...my thought processes usually go as follows:

"There is no mainstream God which fits definition 1, There is no mainstream God which fits definition 2,..., There is no mainstream God which fits definition n, There is no mainstream God which fits definition n+1,..., there are no faires, there are no leprechauns, there are no vampires, there are no h ...[text shortened]... sychics, there are no demons, there is no Hell, there is no truth in tea leaves,..."

🙂
    ah yes, but there is spirituality, and those who are conscious of their spiritual need!
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 16:58
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I have to say I'm appalled at how shallow this discussion is - are all of you still in the schoolyard? Are there no adults any more? Is everyone now free to display their most infantile self to the whole world? When you treat religion and spirituality this way it demonstrates that you are not serious about it. It shows that you are only interested in ...[text shortened]... magine a deity that would prefer the death of innocents to your personal disquiet - can you?
    ======================================
    When you treat religion and spirituality this way it demonstrates that you are not serious about it.
    =====================================

I don't mind being rebuked for superficial posts, even by an atheist.

But tell me, do I detect just a little bit of "crocodile tears" in this sentence above ?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 17:46
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Jesus is Lord.

Jesus is Lord.

Jesus is really Lord.

Satan is a liar and Jesus [b]is
    Lord.

Jesus is Lord !

Hey you're right. Thanks.[/b]
    Geez Jaywill, I would've thought that was more of a JosephW comment.

Please tell me you're kidding😳
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 18:061 edit
    Geez Jaywill, I would've thought that was more of a JosephW comment.

Please tell me you're kidding😳
    jaywill and I are fundamentally on the same page.

Lower case on the josephw. I think it reads easier.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 18:11
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I have to say I'm appalled at how shallow this discussion is - are all of you still in the schoolyard? Are there no adults any more? Is everyone now free to display their most infantile self to the whole world? When you treat religion and spirituality this way it demonstrates that you are not serious about it. It shows that you are only interested in ...[text shortened]... magine a deity that would prefer the death of innocents to your personal disquiet - can you?
    Children suffer the most. And it has been going on since long before this forum came into existence.

If you're so worried about the children then get down there in Haiti and do something.

In the mean time I'll joke around about how atheists think all I want.

Hope I don't bruise your ego.
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 18:15
    Hope I don't bruise your ego.
    You really bruised your religion regardless.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 18:21
    Originally posted by ua41
    You really bruised your religion regardless.
    Think so?

Did you get your feelings hurt. :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree