1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:37
    They think just like the rest of us, but they have one thought though that keeps running through their minds that the rest of us don't.

There is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God.... 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    They think just like the rest of us, but they have one thought though that keeps running through their minds that the rest of us don't.

There is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God, there is no God.... 😉
    Exactly right.

The thought is there. The reasoning is a fortress erected around the thought.

The reasoning is to protect the thought.
  3. kent
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:45
    You mean they have the ability to think?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:46

i think that many sincere persons have witnessed the hypocrisy of religion, cannot understand why god permits suffering or have succumbed to a materialistic point of view. There are many reasons why a person may be atheistic.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Exactly right.

The thought is there. The reasoning is a fortress erected around the thought.

The reasoning is to protect the thought.
    I'm waiting for the reply that says how a theist thinks.

There is a God, there is a God, there is a God,... but I have an answer.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:54
    Originally posted by gearies
    You mean they have the ability to think?
    It is not a matter of ability to think or no ability to think.
    It is a matter of every step along the way, the obsession that there is no God is there.

The thinking starts this way, proceeds this way, develops this way, and arrives at any conclusion only this way.

At no time in the thinking do they include the possibiity of the Person or power of God or any of the attributes of God.

The possibility of God is kept out of every stage of the thinking. Then they boast like you "Oh, we know how to think."
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:04
    Everybody thinks. Atheists use critical thinking. Theists use wishful thinking.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:07
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Everybody thinks. Atheists use critical thinking. Theists use wishful thinking.
    Possibly. Possibly.

Now the question is, Just Because One Wishes For What He Thinks About, Does That Make it Not Real ?

You see Joe?

I have a wishful thought that I would be able to breath regularly for the rest of the evening ?

Does that make air illusionary ?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think that many sincere persons have witnessed the hypocrisy of religion, cannot understand why god permits suffering or have succumbed to a materialistic point of view. There are many reasons why a person may be atheistic.
    So?

Does that make God a hypocrite?

Do you think there is any good reason to deny the existence of God? As a matter of fact, in my opinion, the hypocrisy of religion and those who practice it would compel me to seek after truth all the more. Which it does.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Possibly. Possibly.

Now the question is, Just Because One Wishes For What He Thinks About, Does That Make it Not Real ?

You see Joe?

I have a wishful thought that I would be able to breath regularly for the rest of the evening ?

Does that make air illusionary ?
    Not at all. It is, however, wishful thinking to think that you breath because of god. Anybody can think about real things and unreal things. Just because you think about god does not make god real.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:40
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Not at all. It is, however, wishful thinking to think that you breath because of god. Anybody can think about real things and unreal things. Just because you think about god does not make god real.
    "Just because you think about god does not make god real."

Of course not.

But thinking God doesn't exist doesn't make God non-existent either.

God exists, or not, independent of what we think. Which proves absolutes exist.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:48

If christians used applied critical thinking they would cease to be christians.

I should say"they would cease to be members of any church or denomination."
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Guess she never heard of wheat among the tares...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Guess she never heard of wheat among the tares...
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. Care to explain?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 02:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

"Applied critical thinking."

Apply this then. It is irrelevant whether or not one is a member of a particular "church" or denomination.

What is critical is whether or not one is a member of the "body of Christ."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree