How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Quote my exact words.
No. I can't be bothered.

Do you believe that your god figure caused the event that killed all human beings except for Noah and his family?

F

Moves
24 Oct 17
1 edit

FMF: [1]Are all the virgin birth stories around the world down through history true as far as you are aware, or [2] do you think the Mary virgin birth story is the only true one?

I have reason to believe that Mary's virgin birth story is true. If you have reason to believe that any of the other virgin births are true feel free to share it.
So that's a [1] "no" and a [2] "yes" then, is it?

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
No. I can't be bothered.

Do you believe that your god figure caused the event that killed all human beings except for Noah and his family?
I believe what the Bible says, you already know that.

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
So that's a [1] "no" and a [2] "yes" then, is it?
No it isn't.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
24 Oct 17

Apathist: Jesus wasn't the first demi-god, for example. Mary didn't give us our first virgin birth. And on and on and on.
You doubt that is correct information?

Moves
28 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
You doubt that is correct information?
Well its' obvious why you would believe unreferenced historical claims...

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Oct 17

Well its' obvious why you would believe unreferenced historical claims...
It's obvious that you don't bother to research claims you don't like. This issue isn't even a controversy, you are merely ignorant about it.

Moves
28 Oct 17

It's obvious that you don't bother to research claims you don't like. This issue isn't even a controversy, you are merely ignorant about it.
Am I ignorant of a subjective or objective truth?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Oct 17

Am I ignorant of a subjective or objective truth?
You are ignorant of the fact that jesus isn't the first demi-god, and mary isn't the first virgin mother.

I think you don't know what objective and subjective mean.

Moves
28 Oct 17

You are ignorant of the fact that jesus isn't the first demi-god, and mary isn't the first virgin mother.

I think you don't know what objective and subjective mean.
I have a dictionary so I do. You on the other hand cannot seem to provide evidence of your supposed facts because there is none.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Oct 17

I have a dictionary so I do. You on the other hand cannot seem to provide evidence of your supposed facts because there is none.
There are lots and lots. It is a point of pride for you that research is stupid, I guess.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Oct 17

I have a dictionary so I do....
So which of the many definitions are you using?

Moves
30 Oct 17

There are lots and lots. It is a point of pride for you that research is stupid, I guess.
There are lots and lots. So many that you cannot seem to quote one source.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
30 Oct 17

How many examples of other demigods do you want?

Greek mythology gives us Achilles or Dionysus, Roman mythology Hercules or Bacchus, Hindu mythology Bhima or Yudhishthira, Norse mythology Sæmingr or Bragi,.... (You get the picture).

Did you really think Jesus was the original demigod?

And in regards to the virgin birth, our old friend wikipedia highlights the following from Egyptian mythology:

'Many of the attributes of Isis, the God-mother, the mother of Horus; and of Neith, the goddess of Sais are identical with those of Mary the Mother of Christ." Early Christian stories in the Apocryphal Gospels, which record the wanderings of the Virgin and Child in Egypt are similar to stories found on the Metternich Stela texts about the life of Isis. Also, the pictures and sculptures of Isis suckling her child Horus are the foundation for Christian figurines and paintings of the Madonna and Child.'

Moves
30 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
How many examples of other demigods do you want?

Greek mythology gives us Achilles or Dionysus, Roman mythology Hercules or Bacchus, Hindu mythology Bhima or Yudhishthira, Norse mythology Sæmingr or Bragi,.... (You get the picture).

Did you really think Jesus was the original demigod?

And in regards to the virgin birth, our old friend wik ...[text shortened]... child Horus are the foundation for Christian figurines and paintings of the Madonna and Child.'
Ah yes we all know how reliable wikipedia is as a historical source. 😕