1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:18
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Sir! You are on par with claiming the earth is flat. There is no rational reason to take you seriously here. I can list examples and resources all day long, but you aren't serious so why bother. Unless... are you [b]unable to actually research an issue by yourself? You don't have the necessary skills?[/b]
    I'm genuinely embarrassed for him. Civilisation after civilisation of demigods and virgin births and he's apparently oblivious to all of them.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:20
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    As I say sir, these myths have been around for thousands of years. Are you 'really' disputing this?! (The Tukulti-Urta example I mentioned, where the gods created him in the womb of his mother, is actually a building inscription from 890-884 B.C.)

But if these myths are too obscure for you, just look to Hinduism and the virgin birth of Krishna!!!! (Documented thousands of years before Jesus).
    More claims again without any references, no surprise there.

There seem to be quite a few people that disagree about Krishna.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Krishna-the-Hindu-God-a-virgin-born
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:21
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Well obviously if you don't reference your sources there is no way for me to prove them bogus is there. Win win for you. If your claims are so easily verifiable why haven't you given me even one source?
    I've given you several.

Again, are you claiming these myths prevalent for thousands of years have just this second been fabricated?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:21
    I'm genuinely embarrassed for him. Civilisation after civilisation of demigods and virgin births and he's apparently oblivious to all of them.
    Still no references...
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:22
    I've given you several.

Again, are you claiming these myths prevalent for thousands of years have just this second been fabricated?
    Tell me exactly how you know for sure that these myths have been prevalent for thousands of years. Surely you can do that.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:291 edit
    Tell me exactly how you know for sure that these myths have been prevalent for thousands of years. Surely you can do that.
    Why are you afraid to learn new information? You are not compelled to believe these myths or even that Christianity was influenced by them, but to try instead to make out these myths are bogus is probably the most pathetic defence I have ever encountered in these forums. You are lost before you even begin if you seriously want to assert demigods and virgin births didn't precede Christianity.

'According to academia, there are at least 32 stories of other virgin births in ancient cultures of bygone eras. The legends of the surrounding pagan cultures were so influential in the first century that the Early Church was forced to imitate and incorporate them to have their ‘new’ Christian religion accepted.'

http://www.lawofattractiongps.com/not-just-jesus-other-virgin-births/
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:57
    ... The legends of the surrounding pagan cultures were so influential in the first century that the Early Church was forced to imitate and incorporate them to have their ‘new’ Christian religion accepted.'....
    There was a pogram to either destroy the pagan temples or to re-use them for christian purposes. They did this with fire and sword.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 16:09
    Why are you afraid to learn new information? You are not compelled to believe these myths or even that Christianity was influenced by them, but to try instead to make out these myths are bogus is probably the most pathetic defence I have ever encountered in these forums. You are lost before you even begin if you seriously want to assert demigods and ...[text shortened]... ian religion accepted.'

http://www.lawofattractiongps.com/not-just-jesus-other-virgin-births/
    It's written on a blog, it must be true. You have convinced me.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 16:18
    It wasn't claimed to be true because it was on a blog.

What are your standards, dj? What words do you consider to contain truth? How do you make such a judgement?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 16:411 edit

What are your standards, dj? What words do you consider to contain truth? [b]How do you make such a judgement
    ?[/b]
    How then do you know it's true? I wouldn't trust everything I read on a blog, do you?
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:11
    How then do you know it's true? I wouldn't trust everything I read on a blog, do you?
    What are your standards, dj? What words do you consider to contain truth? How do you make such a judgement?

Your first reply merely deflects. Try again?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:05
    The Tukulti-Urta example I provided, where the gods created him in the womb of his mother, is on a building inscription from 890-884 B.C.

I guess you will claim the building is fake too right? Or that the inscription was carved last Thursday by a troublesome atheist?

Look, there are dozens of virgin birth myths, well evidence and studied from a plethora of civilisations that precede Christianity. - One can only conclude that by recognising this you are fearful that the Christian virgin birth is some how diminished.

Is your faith really that weak?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:48

What are your standards, dj? What words do you consider to contain truth? [b]How do you make such a judgement
    ?[/b]

So do you know that it is true or do you merely hope so?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:49
    The Tukulti-Urta example I provided, where the gods created him in the womb of his mother, is on a building inscription from 890-884 B.C.

I guess you will claim the building is fake too right? Or that the inscription was carved last Thursday by a troublesome atheist?

Look, there are dozens of virgin birth myths, well evidence and studied from ...[text shortened]... arful that the Christian virgin birth is some how diminished.

Is your faith really that weak?

And you know this how?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 19:47
    [b]The Tukulti-Urta example I provided, where the gods created him in the womb of his mother, is on a building inscription from 890-884 B.C.

And you know this how?[/b]
    You'll reject whatever source i give you, but here you go:

http://www.maravot.com/Phrygian1d.html

(determined in the womb of (his) mother...)

Early Assyrian accounts are well documented and substantiated. We are talking about historical documents, not just from the Assyrians, but from a number of ancient civilisations. - I'm afraid covering your eyes and pretending not to see references to virgin births just makes you like ridiculous and insecure in your faith.

I'm sure any other Christian on this site wouldn't seek to fool themselves that these myths are all bogus, but would be arguing that the biblical accounts were not influenced by them. (As unlikely as that would have been).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree