1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 19:59
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    I believe that God created man, earth, universe etc etc. The Bible is the only proof I have that tells me that God has created everything on earth.

Some of you dont believe, and some will believe.

How do you believe it all begun?
    What do you mean by "it all"? You seem to be excluding God from "it all". How do you think God began?
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 22:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What do you mean by "it all"? You seem to be excluding God from "it all". How do you think God began?
    Er... I think "it all" would mean our universe. God is excluded because He functions independant of our universe. He was there at the begining of the universe (from Nicks perspective) and it would therefore be a futile philosophical exercise to attempt reasoning God's spiritual environment.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 06:37
    Let me think about it and give you a answer over the weekend?
    don't think too hard or you will get dizzy going around and around in circular reasoning.

"I'm so dizzy, my head i spinnin'
    Like a whirlpool it never ends."
  4. Joined
    26 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 01:18
    The bible is very innacurate with tracing the history of mankind>>
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 01:20
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    Throwing a stone in the pond?
  6. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 01:23
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    Come on! You're onto something here... You can do it! Speak, oh wise one! We are grovelling and waiting to lick up any more ingenious insight you serve.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 03:32
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Speaking of imperfection, here is an ontological argument for the non-existence of the devil.
    Sophistry, but funny.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So how is the Bible proof then?
    Especially for darvlay........

To me as a Christian the Bible is proof of everything. It is the proof of God's existance and the proof that He has created earth and everything on it. It is also proof that God has created animals at a specific point in time and later on at another occation, created man. In Genesis God created each animal, each type of fish, each and everything to its own kind. No human changed into any animal nor did any animal change into a human.

Some people and trust me, some "Christians" too believe in evolution. My question as a Christian is, where is the proof of evolution? How can I believe in Evolution, and at the same time, believe in God? That would totally make the Bible false, which makes God false. a Christian that lives for God 100% does not believe in anything else but God.

For me to be able to answer your question to "So how is the Bible proof then?" , you would have to believe in Jesus Christ, and that He has died on the cross for our sins, that He has risen up to heaven and sits at Gods right hand. Christians believe that Bible(Word) is God, and God is the Bible(Word).

It is at this point in time impossible for me to try and explain to you how the Bible is proof cause of the fact that you dont believe in it.

Just so would it be impossible for you to make me believe in evolution, or that science is god, or that God does not exist, cause I dont believe in it.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:25
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]As far as I am concerned, hell is under the earth.

The earth is round, so which way is under? Or do you still believe the earth is flat?[/b]
    I think you could of used some brain sells here silly. Normally if someone says under the earth, it means under the ground.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:31

To me as a Christian the Bible is proof of everything. It is the proof of God's existance and the proof that He has created earth and everything on it. It is also proof that God has created animals at a specific point in time and later on at another occation, created man. In Genesis God created each animal, each type of ...[text shortened]... ve in evolution, or that science is god, or that God does not exist, cause I dont believe in it.
    Translation: The Bible is truth because it is the Bible.

Well done. That's flawless.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Translation: The Bible is truth because it is the Bible.

Well done. That's flawless.
    Well, yes, that is what I believe in.

You have to believe though 😉
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:38
    I wonder if Halitose is gonna sell any brain cells today?
    Just curious though, I have enough for my purposes.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:443 edits

To me as a Christian the Bible is proof of everything. It is the proof of God's existance and the proof that He has created earth and everything on it. It is also proof that God has created animals at a specific point in time and later on at another occation, created man. In Genesis God created each animal, each type of ...[text shortened]... ve in evolution, or that science is god, or that God does not exist, cause I dont believe in it.
    For me to be able to answer your question to "So how is the Bible proof then?" , you would have to believe in Jesus Christ, and that He has died on the cross for our sins, that He has risen up to heaven and sits at Gods right hand. Christians believe that Bible(Word) is God, and God is the Bible(Word).

so basically your method for convincing the nonbeliever that you are right takes the following form:

STEP 1. assume without reservation that the bible is true. proceed to STEP 2.
    STEP 2. proceed to STEP 1.

EDIT: i see that XanthosNZ already beat me to it.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:49
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]For me to be able to answer your question to "So how is the Bible proof then?" , you would have to believe in Jesus Christ, and that He has died on the cross for our sins, that He has risen up to heaven and sits at Gods right hand. Christians believe that Bible(Word) is God, and God is the Bible(Word).

so basically your method for convincing t ...[text shortened]... ceed to STEP 2.
    STEP 2. proceed to step 1.

EDIT: i see that XanthosZ already beat me to it.[/b]
    Well Lemon, that is what I believe, if you dont, you dont.

I can never convince or make anobody believe in that if you dont want to.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 07:59
    Well Lemon, that is what I believe, if you dont, you dont.

let's make no mistakes here. i may chide and poke humor at your circular reasoning, but only because i have heard it a thousand times over and over. you are failing to make me a believer precisely because you have no compelling evidence for your beliefs. so please do not pretend like your inability to justify your beliefs is actually just some unwillingness or stubborness on my part. what makes you think that i have not tried time and time again to come up with my own coherent case for God? i'd like to think i know firsthand just how weak your position seems to be from a standpoint of rational and epistemic justification. if you tell me you believe just because you believe, then i am cool with that. is that not the nature of faith? and i will tell you i lack belief because i see no good reasons to think any god exists. is that not the nature of weak atheism? what does my wanting or not wanting have to do with any of this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree