1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:23
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Ever heard of micro-evolution or inter-breeding?

Take note: There are no Creationists that dispute variations within a kind.
    DJ, I hope you are not wasting time here when you could be engaged in your 'Great Work'. Mouths are watering...
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:25
    Originally posted by Starrman
    DJ, I hope you are not wasting time here when you could be engaged in your 'Great Work'. Mouths are watering...
    lol
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:261 edit
    Maybe you get to see it once I've finnished doing my thesis on it...

You can only guess how long that would take... 😀
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:36
    Maybe you get to see it once I've finnished doing my thesis on it...

You can only guess how long that would take... 😀
    Come come, DJ, time's a wasting. I thought this was a little side project under the guidelines set out in my post. I wasn't aware you were going to finish your thesis first. I presume your thesis will also be under a different set of guidelines, so it may not be admissable. Are we talking a few weeks, or am I going to have to fail you on time constraints?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:40
    Come come, DJ, time's a wasting. I thought this was a little side project under the guidelines set out in my post. I wasn't aware you were going to finish your thesis first. I presume your thesis will also be under a different set of guidelines, so it may not be admissable. Are we talking a few weeks, or am I going to have to fail you on time constraints?
    I am writing exams till the 23rd of November...

I don't think it'll be done before then.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:40
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I'm sorry. How would one prove any literature scientifically? Only if it makes scientific claims. You're getting a little ahead of yourself here. You made the claim that it has been disproven numerous times, so you need to substantiate your claim.

What use is it if you make unsubstantiated claims ad nauseam and then the Bible folk have to keep proving you wrong. This could get very tedious indeed.
    Ok, it is a good point but will try and get into specifics. I remember watching a BBC documentary called Noah's Ark. Unfortunately anything I found online referring to the documentary just mentions about what it was about and would not give their conclusions. That would mean I would have to depend on bible folk managing to get hold of that documentary and watching it.

What it determained was that based on the size of Noah's Ark specified by the dimensions in the bible, the Ark would completely break apart soon after getting into the water.

Also the time that Noah was given to build the Ark would have been impossible for him to achieve (I expect people would argue that he got God's help). This is before putting in all the animals.

Anyway, I expect I am flogging a dead horse considering the bible folk would always say things like, "God thrown in these absurdities to test our faith", "Noah used 'special' biblical wood for the ark" etc.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:41
    I am writing exams till the 23rd of November...

I don't think it'll be done before then.
    Shall we say mid December then?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 09:53
    Shall we say mid December then?
    Sure.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 19:38
    Ever heard of micro-evolution or inter-breeding?

Take note: There are no Creationists that dispute variations within a kind.
    There are also no creationists who have successfully put forth a coherenet theory of microevolution to the exclusion of all claims of macroevolution. This absence is a direct consequence of the symbiotic releationship between micro- and macroevolution. They cannot be separated.

"kind" is an interesting term; it would be of value to science if it could be located at a clear and specific point within the current taxonomic system. Alas, creationists slip around a bit when asked to profer such a definition, as they have yet to find a position that is consistent with clear evidence.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 22:38
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I need an explanation in ordinary English. I mean, I think "kind" means 2 lions, 2 tigers, 2 pigs, etc. How'd you fit 'em all into that boat?
    Make a boat from resinous wood, sealing it with tar; and construct decks and stalls throughout the ship. Make it 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Construct a skylight all the way around the ship, eighteen inches below the roof; and make three decks inside the boat--- a bottom, middle and upper deck--- and out a door in the side. GENESIS 6:14-15 THE LIVING BIBLE
    Bring a pair of every animal--- a male and a female--- into the boat with, to keep them alive through the flood. Bring in a pair of each kind of bird and animal and reptile. Store away in the boat all the food that they and you will need. And Noah did everything as God commanded him. GENESIS 6:19-21 THE LIVING BIBLE
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 23:51
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Make a boat from resinous wood, sealing it with tar; and construct decks and stalls throughout the ship. Make it 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Construct a skylight all the way around the ship, eighteen inches below the roof; and make three decks inside the boat--- a bottom, middle and upper deck--- and out a door in the side. ...[text shortened]... ill need. And Noah did everything as God commanded him. GENESIS 6:19-21 THE LIVING BIBLE
    So how many pairs was it?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 00:03
    "Then the Lord said to Noah, 'Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate'." Genesis 7: 1-2 RSV (a translation, not a paraphrase).

Now my question: Were there a single pair or seven pairs of T-Rex, Brontosaurus, and the other dinosaurs.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 00:47
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    "Then the Lord said to Noah, 'Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate'." Genesis 7: 1-2 RSV (a translation, not a paraphrase).

Now my question: Were there a single pair or seven pairs of T-Rex, Brontosaurus, and the other dinosaurs.
    none....they were already extinct.
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 19:15
    little known factoid
    gods cubit is about 80 feet in length
    noahs was about 20 inches
    so the ark was way too small to include the dinosaurs
    so they all drowned

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree