1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 08:562 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]I can never convince or make anobody believe in that if you dont want to.

let's make no mistakes here. i may chide and poke humor at your circular reasoning, but only because i have heard it a thousand times over and over. you are failing to make me a believer precisely because you have no compelling evidence for your beliefs. so please do n ...[text shortened]... ot the nature of weak atheism? what does my wanting or not wanting have to do with any of this?[/b]
    To me, I do have proof of God, and that is the Bible. But that is my proof, and not yours.

I have tried thousands and thousands of times to explain the Bible and even when someone asked me for a Bible (even on RHP) I said I'll send one, but they never gave an address. That is sooo frustrating but anyway, we just have two different views.

Neither views makes us a bad or better person. I am not trying to make anyone a believer, and I have said this a million times as well that no one can make you believe, except if you open your heart to God. To me, the Bible is all the evidence, but to you it isnt.

I am just saying too that it doesnt help talking to someone about God that doesnt want to listen.

I lived with an atheist in 1996. The moment we met we talked about our beliefs and about God. For the two years that I lived there it was hell. But i kept it still and had alot of patients. I went to church, and even when we had dinner, I prayed for the food even though he did not like it very much but respected me for whom I was, and so did I.

One week before i moved back home, we looked at the sunrise, and he told me, that only a God can make the sun come and set each day. I was stunned, I couldnt even talk to him.

Cause of this, I know that somewhere down there in each and everyone one of us, is something that lets us think about God.

Now i know i well get alot of critism on that, but i dont mind at all.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 09:01
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    But i kept it still and had alot of patients.
    You're a doctor, aren't you? Lol.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 09:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You're a doctor, aren't you? Lol.
    Indoctrinated, maybe?
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 09:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Indoctrinated, maybe?
    Nah, he's an honest man.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 09:06
    Nah, he's an honest man.
    where's your proof? 😉
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 09:07
    the spelling, it cause im trying to type fast - RHP should install a spell checker 🙂
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 20:222 edits
    For me to be able to answer your question to "So how is the Bible proof then?" , you would have to believe in Jesus Christ, and that He has died on the cross for our sins, that He has risen up to heaven and sits at Gods right hand. Christians believe that Bible(Word) is God, and God is the Bible(Word).

It is at this point in time impossible for me to t ...[text shortened]... ve in evolution, or that science is god, or that God does not exist, cause I dont believe in it.
    A proof is an argument or some evidence or a demonstration that compels a person to accept a statement as true.

Nicolaas, what you are saying amounts to this: in order to believe a proof, you have to start by believing the conclusion. That is not reason, nor is it faith; it is blind ideology.

It is also preposterous. According to your logic, everything in the Bible is true because the Bible says so. Suppose you met a Star Wars fan who believes that Darth Vader, Yoda, and Han Solo all actually existed somewhere. You ask them why they believe that. They say, "Hey, it was in the movie! You saw it as well as I did!" You shake your head and say, "That's just a movie." The fan rolls his eyes and says, "I know, non-believers always say that. You just have to believe that Anakin existed, and grew up to be Darth Vader; then the movies are clearly proof."

You would want to have that person committed to a hospital faster than they could say, "May the Force be with you." Yet this is exactly the argument you use to claim that the Bible "proves" the existence of God.

In fact, you haven't shown anything to be proven. You have chosen to believe that the events related in the Bible are literally true. That is your right - I am not challenging your beliefs. I deny, however, that anything has been "proven."
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 06:50
    Originally posted by Algernon
    A proof is an argument or some evidence or a demonstration that compels a person to accept a statement as true.

Nicolaas, what you are saying amounts to this: in order to believe a proof, you have to start by believing the conclusion. That is not reason, nor is it faith; it is blind ideology.

It is also preposterous. According to your logic, eve ...[text shortened]... right - I am not challenging your beliefs. I deny, however, that anything has been "proven."
    I totally understand what you're saying and you gave an excellent example of that.

Have you ever seen the TV series "Crossing Over"?

Do you believe in that?
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 11:42
    Have you ever seen the TV series "Crossing Over"?

Do you believe in that?
    I have. No, I do not believe John Edwards speaks to the dead, or that the dead speak to him. Do you?
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 11:44
    Originally posted by David C
    I have. No, I do not believe John Edwards speaks to the dead, or that the dead speak to him. Do you?
    How do you reckon he sets it all up?
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 11:48
    How do you reckon he sets it all up?
    I imagine it's a healthy dose of cold reads and surreptitiously mic'ing the pre-show audience.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 12:05
    Originally posted by David C
    I imagine it's a healthy dose of cold reads and surreptitiously mic'ing the pre-show audience.
    If you could persuade him to give it all up and join your government, what portfolio would you assign this deceitful individual?
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 12:26
    If you could persuade him to give it all up and join your government, what portfolio would you assign this deceitful individual?
    He's a lock for ministry of ministries. Or maybe garbage collection. Sorry, I meant Sanitation Engineering.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 13:02
    Especially for darvlay........

To me as a Christian the Bible is proof of everything. It is the proof of God's existance and the proof that He has created earth and everything on it. It is also proof that God has created animals at a specific point in time and later on at another occation, created man. In Genesis God created each animal, each type of ...[text shortened]... ve in evolution, or that science is god, or that God does not exist, cause I dont believe in it.
    Didin't I tell you not to waste your time?
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 13:18
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Didin't I tell you not to waste your time?
    Heretic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree