How did it all begin?

How did it all begin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
How is the BIBLE proof?
The Believer has the faith to believe that the BIBLE is true. While the unbeliever searches and fails to disprove the truth of the BIBLE.
Not true. The bible has been disproved many times by logic and common sense.

N

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by lausey
Not true. God exists in everything, and the Bible talks nothing but the truth.

Revelation chapter 22
7 "Behold, I am coming soon." 6 Blessed is the one who keeps the prophetic message of this book.

8 It is I, John, who heard and saw these things, and when I heard and saw them I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me.

9 But he said to me, "Don't! I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brothers the prophets and of those who keep the message of this book. Worship God."

10 Then he said to me, "Do not seal up the prophetic words of this book, for the appointed time 7 is near.

11 Let the wicked still act wickedly, and the filthy still be filthy. The righteous must still do right, and the holy still be holy."

12 "Behold, I am coming soon. I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds.

I am the one doing the right thing, who are you in verse 11?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Oct 05

OK, I'm sure this has been debated here before, but while we're on the topic of logic and common sense, I'd really value an explanation of how two of every kind of animal could fit into Noah's Ark, given its Biblical proportions.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
OK, I'm sure this has been debated here before, but while we're on the topic of logic and common sense, I'd really value an explanation of how two of every kind of animal could fit into Noah's Ark, given its Biblical proportions.
Please define "kind" first...

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Halitose
I think the inherent difference lies in how and where people derive their truth. As a Christian, I (and I'm sure you) derive my moral, religious and ethical "truth" (firstly) from the Bible. When it comes to scientific, mathematical, historical, etc truth I drastically increase my scope to include contemporary studies and literature. When you take Biblic ...[text shortened]... " it is like banging your head against a brick wall.

Just my 2 cents on the current topic...
Blindfaith. Should I be expecting an answer to my post?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Not true. God exists in everything, and the Bible talks nothing but the truth.

Revelation chapter 22
7 "Behold, I am coming soon." 6 Blessed is the one who keeps the prophetic message of this book.

8 It is I, John, who heard and saw these things, and when I heard and saw them I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. ...[text shortened]... ach according to his deeds.

I am the one doing the right thing, who are you in verse 11?
A question, Nicholaas, just to be clear:

Is anyone who is not a Christian by definition "wicked and filthy"? Or, Is anyone who does not think the Biblical God is real (say, a Buddhist) by definition "wicked and filthy"? (Okay, that was two questions...)

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
24 Oct 05

How does one disprove something by common sense? Please enlighten...

I'd also be interested in a bit of that logic,,,

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Oct 05
1 edit

Please define "kind" first...
Whatever definition best helps fit them all on the boat.

Choose the definition you prefer.

R

Hamelin: RAT-free

Moves
24 Oct 05

many times ???

😞 I'm sure when you start trying to substantiate your schoolyard claim, your logic will be disproved many times by common sense...

So please, bring it on. How has the Bible been disproved many times?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by RatX

So please, bring it on. How has the Bible been disproved many times?
With regard to common sense...maybe you're the man to sort out my difficulties with Noah's Ark (see above).

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
24 Oct 05

Whatever definition best helps fit them all on the boat.

Choose the definition you prefer.
Try what would be somewhere in the region of a biological sub-order. I haven't really looked into what was Biblically considered as a kind, so this is a wild guess. I did meantion in another thread that some research on the matter would go a long way,,,

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Oct 05

Try what would be somewhere in the region of a biological sub-order. I haven't really looked into what was Biblically considered as a kind, so this is a wild guess. I did meantion in another thread that some research on the matter would go a long way,,,
I need an explanation in ordinary English. I mean, I think "kind" means 2 lions, 2 tigers, 2 pigs, etc. How'd you fit 'em all into that boat?

s

Moves
24 Oct 05

I need an explanation in ordinary English. I mean, I think "kind" means 2 lions, 2 tigers, 2 pigs, etc. How'd you fit 'em all into that boat?
Because god dunnit! god wanted to put em all on the boat, so it just happens. The same way some people here are stupid because he wanted them to be very unconvincing for us so we wouldn't become christians so he can roast us in hell.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by schakuhr
The same way some people here are stupid because he wanted them to be very unconvincing for us so we wouldn't become christians so he can roast us in hell.
What am I, a marshmallow?

R

Hamelin: RAT-free

Moves
24 Oct 05

With regard to common sense...maybe you're the man to sort out my difficulties with Noah's Ark (see above).
When it comes to kinds, I suppose one could trace the ancestors of all cats to one creature - a feline. The same could apply to all dogs, horse-kinds (zebra/donkey/horse/jackass), various antelope-types, primate-types, etc and so forth.

Taking this into consideration, and they would all be young (versatile and resilient) and animals with lungs (mammals, birds, reptiles...)would be taken in, they'd fit in rather comfortably - the dimensions are more than sufficient...