1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 01:01
    @sonship said
    While FMF shakes his cheerleader pom poms for Bart Ehrman
    I don't try to disparage your interest in the work of people like White, Licona and Wallace in a tacky way by describing it as your "cheerleader pom poms".

Your inability to process dissent and disagreement has a strange effect on your behaviour.

"Cheerleader pom poms"? You sell yourself short, sonship.

I believe Professor Ehrman's work - over the last 30+ years - gets us closer to the truth about the life of Jesus and the history of early Christianity than anything you post here does.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 01:041 edit
    @sonship said
    For the record.

I have heard Bart Ehrman say things which I thought were very humble.

Repeat - I have heard Dr. Bart Ehrman say some things which I thought were very humble, and I would take a class or two with him without hesitation if I was enrolled at UNC.
    You said this:

Ehrman's disdain and contempt for people who believe what he says he USED to believe is as hostile as any bad feelings you are trying to pin on me right now.

Can you give any examples of his "disdain and contempt for people who believe what he says he used to believe" or is this just your emotional way of expressing your outrage and anger at his dissent?

Links? Quotes? Anything to back up your attempted ad hominem hatchet job?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 01:081 edit
    @sonship said
    As for Ehrman expressing his contempt for "fundamentalists," you have to catch him at the right time coming out of his own mouth.

I am not going to go over hours to locate what I mean.
    If anyone doesn't believe I heard it from his own mouth, then just don't believe it. Keep listening you may come across it someday.
    I think this a self-serving ad hominem figment of your imagination.

I "...have to catch him at the right time coming out of his own mouth"??

And if I keep listening and I "...may come across it someday"??
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 01:16
    @sonship said
    Ehrman's disdain and contempt for people who believe what he says he USED to believe is as hostile as any bad feelings you are trying to pin on me right now.
    sonship, do you see yourself as a victim of Ehrman's academic work and his lack of belief?

Do you believe that his knowledge and beliefs subject you to "disdain and contempt"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 01:19
    @sonship said
    In other words the Popular NPR circuit Ehrman or the more cautious academic knowing that what he writes has been known in professional circles for many years.
    Tell us more about what you claim "has been known in professional circles for many years".

What is the gossip "in professional circles" about White's 'online diplomas' and Licona's Bachelor's Degree in playing the saxophone?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree