1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 19:52
    Has anyone ever herd that you have to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus and then get the holly ghost to be saved? according to the bible?? These were the scriptures given John 3.5 matt 28.19 Acts2.36-39. Just trying to get some input on this? Maybe see what u bible guys have to say on this thanks 🙂 Kevin
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 20:10
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    Has anyone ever herd that you have to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus and then get the holly ghost to be saved? according to the bible?? These were the scriptures given John 3.5 matt 28.19 Acts2.36-39. Just trying to get some input on this? Maybe see what u bible guys have to say on this thanks 🙂 Kevin
    What do yu mean by "get the holly spirit"? Do you mean speak in tongues?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 21:46
    It's simple, and easy.

Romans 10:9
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 21:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's simple, and easy.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
    So many different ways to be saved. And some of them are the only way. But don't worry, if you don't like the way that your branch of Christianity is pushing, just join another branch. Or another religion, there are plenty of them out there. And if none of them take your fancy you can even make up your own, it will be just as valid. See scientology.

--- Penguin (shamelessly trolling!)
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 22:27
    I dont know if it is so simple.

I presuppose the centrality of Grace, yes.

I believe however that how I choose to respond to that Grace is important, and that according to Matthew 25, Jesus suggests that when we respond in love to those around us, whether we know it or not, we respond in love to God.

In Matthew 25, which is the parable of the Last Judgment, the litmus test for the quality of ones future, is not assent to particular propositional statements but rather how we lived.

I tend not to view discussion forums as good venues for discussion (irony, i suppose) but if anyone want to offer me their thoughts, I am happy to listen. Private message me though okay?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 23:21
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What do yu mean by "get the holly spirit"? Do you mean speak in tongues?
    Don't you know what the Christmas spirit is, fool?
  7. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 23:56
    It's simple, and easy.

that is one of my faviorte versus becasue right there is eternal life
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 00:09
    "All who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13
  9. The sky
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 00:21
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    that is one of my faviorte versus becasue right there is eternal life
    It's a very convenient verse for believers.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 01:21
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Sorry, but this simple mind doesn't understand your point.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 01:31
    God is looking for simple child like faith. Simply put, the lack of faith or absense of faith is where we trace our problems to have originated.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 01:31
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I guess it would only be conventient for believers, no?
  13. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 02:40
    It's simple, and easy.

what ? we just pick one verse out of the whole bible and base salvation off of it? what about all the recorded conversions in the New Testament that involve Baptism.verses that include hearing the word, believeing the word ,confessing the name of Christ ,repenting and being baptized.lets not pick and choose.
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 04:09
    That's just as ridiculous as it gets.
    Thank god i'm not baptized.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 06:14
    Could anyone enlighten me? What exactly do you get saved from once you have found the way?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree