How to forgive?

How to forgive?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Mar 18

This for me is the wonder of the gospel, that god has been able to put our sins as far away from us as is the east from the West.

And that the timeline (if you like) where hell may have existed has been done away with by the intervention of Christ’s sacrifice.

Moves
08 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
The fact that you don’t think hell exists explains a lot about your behavior.
How does your belief in hell explain your behaviour? Are you “caring for your mother” because of your fear of hell?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
This for me is the wonder of the gospel, that god has been able to put our sins as far away from us as is the east from the West.

And that the timeline (if you like) where hell may have existed has been done away with by the intervention of Christ’s sacrifice.
So do you believe in annihilationism or that everyone goes to heaven? How do you explain all the references to hell in the Bible?

Moves
08 Mar 18

So do you believe in annihilationism or that everyone goes to heaven? How do you explain all the references to hell in the Bible?
Start another thread on this please, this one is about forgiveness.

I commit to contributing if you do.

F

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester to Romans1009
How does your belief in hell explain your behaviour? Are you “caring for your mother” because of your fear of hell?
'Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.' (1 Timothy 5:8)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

No, I’m already saved. I care for my mother because I love her. I have no fear of hell, and, as I’ve said several times, I don’t know whether annihilationism or an eternity in hell await the damned.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Start another thread on this please, this one is about forgiveness.

I commit to contributing if you do.
Why don’t you start a thread on my mother since you and FMF seem to enjoy posting about her so much?

F

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009 to divegeester
No, I’m already saved.
Is divegeester already "saved" too if he says so, like you say so?

Moves
08 Mar 18

No, I’m already saved. I care for my mother because I love her. I have no fear of hell, and, as I’ve said several times, I don’t know whether annihilationism or an eternity in hell await the damned.
Good job you love her I guess.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
'Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.' (1 Timothy 5:8)
Dredging this up again? Maybe you or dive should start a thread about my mother and unleash all your trolling and hate on one thread instead of doing it scattershot across multiple threads.

Moves
08 Mar 18

Why don’t you start a thread on my mother since you and FMF seem to enjoy posting about her so much?
You brought her and your relationship into play when you tried to claim that looking after her was your good works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Good job you love her I guess.
I think most people love their mother. I’m hardly unique in that respect.

F

Moves
08 Mar 18

Dredging this up again?

What do you think happens to people who are "worse" than "unbelievers"?

Moves
08 Mar 18

Dredging this up again? Maybe you or dive should start a thread about my mother and unleash all your trolling and hate on one thread instead of doing it scattershot across multiple threads.
The matter under scrutiny is your integrity and intellectual honesty about you and your mother, not about your mother as a person. Trying to deflect the matter to her personally is a smoke screen.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

You brought her and your relationship into play when you tried to claim that looking after her was your good works.
You and FMF love to say I “look after” her when the reality is you have no idea what my caring for her entails.

But please, start a thread on her. It’d be in keeping with your behavior.

And if you think Christ’s crucifixion means everybody is saved, you’re obviously not a Christian. But I didn’t think you were to begin with. You’ve got too much hate in you.