How to forgive?

How to forgive?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I've known countless Christians over 35 years of adult life work and travel. You've been a Christian for just 4 years. Ghost of a Duke's summary was on the nail.
If your opinion of me mattered to me or God, I might be offended by that post. But since it doesn’t, I’m not.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
You can mischaracterize and misrepresent me all you want. I obviously can’t stop you and you have no shame in doing it.

When that guy walked into a Bible study class in South Carolina in 2015 and shot nine people to death, and some of the survivors said they forgave him, what do you think their forgiveness was based on? I would wager it was based on knowing the deceased were in heaven and that justice would be served by God.
So I’m not mischaracterising you at then am I.

Christ paid the price for the shooter’s sin, or don’t you believe that? Apparently not.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18
1 edit

Maybe you should just state what you think and believe instead of trying to state what other posters think and believe so you have a straw man to knock down.
I have stated my case. I think that Christians like yourself, dj2becker and sonship also, are the worst type of Christians. Christians who’s philosophy of forgiveness is based on jusdgment and vengeance, which you and Becker attempt to pitch as “justice”.

It was obvious to all when you joined this thread that you were posting out of bitterness and gall, probalby fuelled by your self-embarrassing debacle in this forum yesterday and the night before when you appeared to be posting all night and under the influence on something other than the Holy Spirit.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18
1 edit

If your opinion of me mattered to me or God, I might be offended by that post. But since it doesn’t, I’m not.
And yet yesterday you were bleating about being trolled because I called you out for your dishonestly and for being an unemployed youth who lives at home in a sort of pseudo symbiotic careship with your mother.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
So I’m not mischaracterising you at then am I.

Christ paid the price for the shooter’s sin, or don’t you believe that? Apparently not.
You think the shooter was a Christian? Where do you get that?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18

You think the shooter was a Christian? Where do you get that?!
Christ only died for Christians sins? Where do you get that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

I have stated my case. I think that Christians like yourself, dj2becker and sonship also, are the worst type of Christians. Christians who’s philosophy of forgiveness is based on jusdgment and vengeance, which you and Becker attempt to pitch as “justice”.

It was obvious to all when you joined this thread that you were posting out of bitterness and g ...[text shortened]... ppeared to be posting all night and under the influence on something other than the Holy Spirit.
Yes, I reacted to the bombardment of insults and misrepresentations from four to five posters in the flesh and badly. But I don’t see how following God’s instructions in the Bible to avenge not ourselves and knowing a holy and just God will sort everything out in the end is a bad thing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18

Yes, I reacted to the bombardment of insults and misrepresentations from four to five posters in the flesh and badly. But I don’t see how following God’s instructions in the Bible to avenge not ourselves and knowing a holy and just God will sort everything out in the end is a bad thing.
Another way of looking at it is you went into an all-night narcotic fuelled posting tailspin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

And yet yesterday you were bleating about being trolled because I called you out for your dishonestly and for being an unemployed youth who lives at home in a sort of pseudo symbiotic careship with your mother.
Now you’re back on my mother and mischaracterizibg me and my situation again? You really have no shame.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Another way of looking at it is you went into an all-night narcotic fuelled posting tailspin.
I’m sure that’s the way you’d like to look at it.

But tell me how you thought the killer of nine people in a Bible study class was a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

Christ only died for Christians sins? Where do you get that?
Only people who accept Christ into their heart have their sins forgiven by God.

You didn’t know that?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18

Now you’re back on my mother and mischaracterizibg me and my situation again? You really have no shame.
You bring scorn upon yourself Romans1009. Your intellectual dishonesty shown yesterday and the bitter invective you have posted with in this thread are completely transparent. If you are used to posting elsewhere where people are impressed by your jouvenile behaviour then I suggest you return there or just change your approach here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 18

Only people who accept Christ into their heart have their sins forgiven by God.

You didn’t know that?!
That’s a nice sound bite but the fact of the matter is this; “Christ dies once and for all” Peter , Hebrews, Romans and other places.

Once AND for ALL.

Repentance is not required for forgiveness, the shedding of blood is.
“Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins”

Repentance is for walking with God and experiencing the taste of eternal life in this life.

The shooter’s sins have been covered by Christ.

There is NO hell.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

That’s a nice sound bite but the fact of the matter is this; “Christ dies once and for all” Peter , Hebrews, Romans and other places.

Once AND for ALL.

Repentance is not required for forgiveness, the shedding of blood is.
“Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins”

Repentance is for walking with God and experiencing the ...[text shortened]... nal life in this life.

The shooter’s sins have been covered by Christ.

There is NO hell.
So everybody is a Christian and everybody goes to heaven?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

You bring scorn upon yourself Romans1009. Your intellectual dishonesty shown yesterday and the bitter invective you have posted with in this thread are completely transparent. If you are used to posting elsewhere where people are impressed by your jouvenile behaviour then I suggest you return there or just change your approach here.
The fact that you don’t think hell exists explains a lot about your behavior.

Do you believe in annihilationism instead or do you think everybody goes to heaven?