1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 09:59
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    You know nothing, John Snow
    Well help me understand what it is you are saying then.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 09:59
    It should actually be :Could be what's so great about it.
    Are you drinking again?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 10:00
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This seems a bit fridge magnet-like to me. But so be it. What about egregious wrong, unrepentant wrongdoers, permanent harm, personal betrayal, family feuds and so on? What about some nitty gritty of 'how to forgive' rather than flimsy stuff about posting styles and sarcasm on a message board?
    All must be forgiven by man who hath not the ability to judge.

If you complicate this with exceptions you will be a lonely person.

If you can practice perfect forgiveness you will lose like five kilograms of weight from your shoulders
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 10:01
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you drinking again?
    No.

That's for tomorrow.

Going to go to a Russian restaurant and glug it up. It's going to be METAL.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 10:02
    Well help me understand what it is you are saying then.
    When a man loves a woman.

... I can say no more.

As a single tear drop rolls from my eye towards the ocean

And i have to transfer soon
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 10:21
    When a man loves a woman.

... I can say no more.

As a single tear drop rolls from my eye towards the ocean

And i have to transfer soon
    It seems to me that you really don’t have anything to add to this thread about the reality of how to forgive.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 11:13
    Take a chill pill.

Maybe the spirituality could really use some extraneous and non-serious posting.

This is like the one Forum in the world where you can't type the word for poop that starts with "s" but you can ad hominem the living heck out of every other member without consequence.

Let's open the windows and let in some sunshine.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 11:20
    Take a chill pill.

Maybe the spirituality could really use some extraneous and non-serious posting.

This is like the one Forum in the world where you can't type the word for poop that starts with "s" but you can ad hominem the living heck out of every other member without consequence.

Why don't you just go ahead and post the way you see fit? Nothing stopping you. And then you can just ignore people who don't 'get' you or people who are unimpressed by you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 11:20
    Take a chill pill.
    If you want to add "sunshine" to this well established forum then you could start by staying on topic and showing respect yourself by actually contributing to this thread or restraining yourself from dumping in it. If you want to start a "non-serious" thread then try the General forum. Thank you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 11:26
    This is like the one Forum in the world where you can't type the word for poop that starts with "s" but you can ad hominem the living heck out of every other member without consequence. .
    Is this an example of the kind of "extraneous and non-serious posting" you hanker after and intend to contribute?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:03
    Why are you talking about “vengeance” when the thread topic is about “how to forgive”?

The thread is about the real life practicalities of excercising forgiveness and the potential challenges of trying to forgive, but you seem intent on posting about judgment and vengeance which seems incongruent to the thread title. It is reasonable that people reading will ask you to explain.
    I have noticed, with Christians, that they tend to fall in to two camps on this issue:

1. Forgiveness is the Christian thing to do. No caveats. (in line with 'For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.' )

2. They link forgiveness with vengeance/divine punishment. - This way they can forgive someone who sins against them with their mouth, but in their heart is saying "Sure I forgive you, but only in the security that God will punish you for all eternity in the fires of hell).

The second group of Christians, in my opinion, are not demonstrating the forgiveness asked of them by Christ. It is a defamation of his message.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:07
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I have noticed, with Christians, that they tend to fall in to two camps on this issue:

1. Forgiveness is the Christian thing to do. No caveats. (in line with 'For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.' )

2. They link forgiveness with vengeance/divine punishment. - This way they can f ...[text shortened]... re not demonstrating the forgiveness asked of them by Christ. It is a defamation of his message.
    You haven’t met many Christians or misunderstand their positions based on your atheism.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:12
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You haven’t met many Christians or misunderstand their positions based on your atheism.
    Says the Christian who raised vengeance in a thread about forgiveness.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:17
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Says the Christian who raised vengeance in a thread about forgiveness.
    The vengeance belongs to God. People who take the Bible seriously take the verse that says do not avenge yourselves seriously.

God as a perfect and perfectly holy and just God will mete out whatever justice is appropriate. People who believe that don’t relish the punishment happening; they just recognize justice will take place.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:20
    So it’s good news and bad news...

Good news is that I forgive you, which makes me feel better about being a shlty person

The bad news is that my God is going to burn you alive for eternity

Anyway, I forgive you and I feel better, so all is good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree