I am a theist

I am a theist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, no not quite assimilation by the Borg is against ones will, persons willingly submit to Gods will on the basis of love.
That maybe the case, but another JW poster who's name has escaped me, was full of pride when telling the forum that all JW's talk, think and look the same.

rc

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That maybe the case, but another JW poster who's name has escaped me, was full of pride when telling the forum that all JW's talk, think and look the same.
actually we are united in beliefs, to be sure and we do share similar characteristics, like we're all handsome and articulate and chess geniuses and well you know the routine.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Nov 10

actually we are united in beliefs, to be sure and we do share similar characteristics, like we're all handsome and articulate and chess geniuses and well you know the routine.
Chess geniuses eh?

Unfortunately the stats in the 'Jehovahs Witnessess Paradise Club' don't appear to back up that claim.

Galvo articulate? I'm not sure about that.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Nov 10

Or even a deist.
or sumpin'

F

Moves
23 Nov 10

I have tried to answer the best i could,

you study to become a witness, you don't sign up. You study Biblical scriptures and principles so as to know how to apply them in your life. During the course of the study (it may last for several years depending on the aptitude of the student) the Biblical view of sexuality will become apparent. If the ...[text shortened]... harmony with scripture. If he is successful in doing so he can then apply to become a witness.
Are you some kind of novis before you pay the members fee? I mean before the final test? Or can you be a non-paying member forever?

(This is news for me, I appreciate your answers.)

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Are you some kind of novis before you pay the members fee? I mean before the final test? Or can you be a non-paying member forever?

Lots of posts for just one day.

rc

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas

making a dedication to God is no small thing, it is very serious, yes there are many persons who attend meetings for years and years and never become Witnesses.

rc

Moves
23 Nov 10

Chess geniuses eh?

Unfortunately the stats in the 'Jehovahs Witnessess Paradise Club' don't appear to back up that claim.

Galvo articulate? I'm not sure about that.
well as individuals we are nothing. but together our composite parts make up a whole 🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
I believe there is a God.

I can't prove He (She/It) exists.

I feel no need to.

I contemplate it from time to time.

He hasn't communicated with me.

He hasn't issued me with any instructions.

I have no idea what happens after death.

I leave speculation about that to others.

Because I have no interest in religion.

I feel no onus on me to 'spread' any 'word' about anything to anyone.

I am a theist.
Being a theist, being an atheist, being this and being that, in my opinion is merely a projection of the mind, because no being of this kind of being has inherent existence due to the fact that it lacks of own being; a being of this kind of being like the idea "I am a theist" could have own being solely if this own being under question could be detectable, measureable, derivable, defineable and, thus, accessible by means of an independent frame of various cross checks pointing towards the existence of its own being.
Since the various attempts of manipulability of ideas like "I am a theist", "I am an atheist" etc etc end all up merely in a dynamic probability of failure decline, there is no such a thing as the so called “absolute truth” regarding this kind of theses. So I accept your thesis in full on the basis of the emptiness of your blind belief that urged you to express herenow you are a theist: methinks you have to substantiate no thing;

But I disagree with my trusty feer rabbie who tends to discard your thesis as “unsubstantiated” because it lacks of religious argumentation, for in my opinion any religious approach is anyway “substantiated” solely on the basis of a specific blind belief that must be accepted by the believer as is -you see, for example our vishvahetu thanks to his notorious “Leap of Faith” alone is 100% sure that the author of his Vedanta Sutra is God
😵

F

Moves
25 Nov 10

making a dedication to God is no small thing, it is very serious, yes there are many persons who attend meetings for years and years and never become Witnesses.
What is the difference? What does the actual signing up means?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Nov 10

I feel no need to.

I am a theist.
So now what?

You believe there is a God. What effect does that have on your life?

Do you live differently believing there is a God from how you would live if you didn't?

If so, why?

AH

Moves
25 Nov 10

I feel no need to.

I am a theist.
Believe it or not, dispute the fact that I don't believe there is a god, I am on your side.
The only thing that pisses me off is when a theists dishes out anti-science propaganda crap aimed at dismissing the mountain of evidence for evolution etc. or, even worse, arguing against reason itself!

rc

Moves
25 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Believe it or not, dispute the fact that I don't believe there is a god, I am on your side.
The only thing that pisses me off is when a theists dishes out anti-science propaganda crap aimed at dismissing the mountain of evidence for evolution etc. or, even worse, arguing against reason itself!
yeah, who would of thought anyone should have the right to question the evolutionary hypothesis, i mean, its enshrined in sacred temples, has million of ignorant adherents world wide (ask the average man in the street what he knows about the mechanism of Darwinian evolution, the answer, not very much), has luminaries and cult figures who promote its propaganda, we should simply be assimilated and be done with it, join the collective subconscious with no will of our own! resistance is futile, resistance is futile!

AH

Moves
25 Nov 10
2 edits

yeah, who would of thought anyone should have the right to question the evolutionary hypothesis, i mean, its enshrined in sacred temples, has million of ignorant adherents world wide (ask the average man in the street what he knows about the mechanism of Darwinian evolution, the answer, not very much), has luminaries and cult figures who promote its ...[text shortened]... the collective subconscious with no will of our own! resistance is futile, resistance is futile!
“...yeah, who would of thought anyone should have the right to question the evolutionary hypothesis,...”

Did I say nobody has the “right” to question a scientific hypothesis? -that would be against scientific method! Evolution has been proven by a mountain of evidence. Evolution hypothesis was questioned countless times when it was being developed because the first thing scientists do when they make a hypothesis is ask themselves “how can it be wrong”; that is just how scientific method works. Now the hypothesis has been proven, yeah you can still question it 😛 -not sure what the point of that would be but, rather than accept proof as proof, you can question it until you are blue in the face if you want! Or you can just get over it.

“... i mean, its enshrined in sacred temples,...”

?

“...ask the average man in the street what he knows about the mechanism of Darwinian evolution, the answer, not very much...”

I don't know if that is true but most people on the street certainly could not explain quantum physics and yet they accept the fact that quantum physics is correct and they have more or less heard correctly that there is overwhelming evidence for it (but this may also have something to do with the fact that if it was false then modern technology wouldn't work) so they don't believe quantum physics out of blind faith. The same is true for evolution; not everyone understands the details but they have more or less heard correctly that there is overwhelming evidence for it (just like for quantum physics etc) so it wouldn't be blind faith for them to believe it.

“... has luminaries and cult figures who promote its propaganda, ...”

Quoting the facts is not just 'propaganda'.

rc

Moves
25 Nov 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...yeah, who would of thought anyone should have the right to question the evolutionary hypothesis,...”

Did I say nobody has the “right” to question a scientific hypothesis? -that would be against scientific method! Evolution has been proven by a mountain of evidence. Evolution hypothesis was questioned countless times when it was being developed ...[text shortened]... lt figures who promote its propaganda, ...”

Quoting the facts is not just 'propaganda'.
as i stated and thank you for demonstrating the fact, resistance is futile! no one may question the chief chef and everyone reads from the same recipe book!