I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 May 22

@divegeester said
Why are you warning me, another Christian, about hell, when according to your own doctrine I am saved from it by Jesus?
Kellyjay?

Moves
20 May 22

@fmf said
Why would divegeester need an "excuse"?
It seems that in kellyjay’s mind, my not believing the same way he does about hell, will mean that I will be punished in someway.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 May 22

@fmf said
Well everything we are sharing is subjective. When you're going on about your faith, I know where you're coming from. It's just cognition. Nothing supernatural is going on.
Yeah you say that as if you know, and at best you just believe that is true. The evidence with respect to everything being here and the behavior of the material world, life, and the immaterial world has no explanation outside of something that transcends the universe. If you have a explanation outside of that share it! If not your blind faith is not an answer.

F

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
If you have a explanation outside of that share it! If not your blind faith is not an answer.
What was wrong with the answer I gave to this question a few days ago?

F

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
If not your blind faith is not an answer.
I don't have "blind faith". People not sharing your religious beliefs and faith does not equate with them having "blind faith". It's rather narcissistic of you to think that it does.

F

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
The evidence with respect to everything being here and the behavior of the material world, life, and the immaterial world has no explanation outside of something that transcends the universe.
I am well aware that you have settled for a theological package of ready-made answers.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 May 22

@stryker said
@divegeester
“I wanted to start a thread called “would you believe in your god if….” Where the idea is to present some increasingly terrible things that a god being might do and ask the protagonists if they would believe in their god if it did that thing.”

I have been following along in some of your other posts, and now this one… I have a couple of questions for you ...[text shortened]... or understood by you or others?

Just trying to see the foundation, appreciate the consideration.
Good grief ! The actually books contained in the bible were decided by Catholic clergy stacking them on a table and leaving the room to let god knock the books off the table which he did not want included . Please read "Shepherd of Hermas " and tell me why this book was not included in your new testament .

Moves
20 May 22

@divegeester said
Kellyjay?
Looks like I’m on ignore.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 May 22

@divegeester said
Kellyjay?
Are you right with Jesus, the test scripture gives do you pass?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 May 22

@fmf said
I don't have "blind faith". People not sharing your religious beliefs and faith does not equate with them having "blind faith". It's rather narcissistic of you to think that it does.
Well unless you can give reasoning on what do you base your beliefs on? If you have no explanation for the universe as it is your views about it are then not based on anything except what you would like to be true. If you have something to base your views on share them.

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
Are you right with Jesus, the test scripture gives do you pass?
To cowardly to answer the question!

Your fear of addressing hard truths will win no one to Christ.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 May 22

@divegeester said

Do you know what needs to be true to be a Christian one must ask himself?

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
Do you know what needs to be true to be a Christian one must ask himself?
We are at odds, but what we contest isn’t something which condemns if we are wrong, despite your cowardice to admit it.

Therefore hell is an irrelevancy, you preach it, you make god a failure and you fail yourself to win anyone to Christ. But I shall preach victory with no hell and win many.

What does your hell matter if only to keep people from the kingdom.

F

Moves
20 May 22

@kellyjay said
Well unless you can give reasoning on what do you base your beliefs on? If you have no explanation for the universe as it is your views about it are then not based on anything except what you would like to be true. If you have something to base your views on share them.
Neither of us knows what the origin of the universe is. I admit it and you don't.

I don't need to fabricate an explanation to compete with the speculative theological one you have settled for.

I see your aspiration to immortality as wishful thinking that "you would like to be true". You offer not a scrap of credible evidence that you are immortal; the mysteries of the universe do not constitute evidence.

I think we all just die eventually because, evidently, everyone does. There have been somewhere in the region of 35,000,000,000 to 40,000,000,000 cases illustrating this to date.

Acknowledging and accepting that humans grow old and die isn't "blind faith".

Your religious beliefs do not create any jeopardy for me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said

dive you have a dogma, translated you are a 100% certain there is no hell, that belief
is not based upon scripture, it is on your feelings. So how is anyone ever going to get
past your 'feeling' to reason with you since you are not basing your DOGMA on
reason?