I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

I wanted to start a thread called “would you believe in your god if….” Where the idea is to present some increasingly terrible things that a god being might do and ask the protagonists if they would believe in their god if it did that thing.

But it occurred to me quite quickly that the hellfire Christians already have it sown up with the doctrine of “eternal suffering”, because I honestly couldn’t think of a worse thing that a god could do than that, and they all love that doctrine.

I thought about Adolf Hitler and imagined a god who would gas the entire human race after experimenting on each of us, but even that pales into insignificance with burning alive for eternity just ONE person.

This is because the agonising flesh-melting suffering is eternal and that one person suffering eternally will always equate to more suffering that a whole planet of people suffering for a finite time.

You hellfire Christians have a god who will purposefully torture billions of people for ETERNITY for not believing in him, and it is, by an infinite measure, the most terrible, the most amoral , the most disgusting thing anyone could do.

Congrats!

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester
“I wanted to start a thread called “would you believe in your god if….” Where the idea is to present some increasingly terrible things that a god being might do and ask the protagonists if they would believe in their god if it did that thing.”

I have been following along in some of your other posts, and now this one… I have a couple of questions for you, if so inclined.

What is your belief/opinion about the Bible? Is it the word of God or something else. Can all of it be taken literally, parts of it or none of it? Is it allegory if so to what extent? If allegory, do you think there could be a deeper meaning behind passages not yet revealed as to their meaning or understood by you or others?

Just trying to see the foundation, appreciate the consideration.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

@stryker said
@divegeester
What is your belief/opinion about the Bible? Is it the word of God or something else. Can all of it be taken literally, parts of it or none of it? Is it allegory if so to what extent? If allegory, do you think there could be a deeper meaning behind passages not yet revealed as to their meaning or understood by you or others?

Just trying to see the foundation, appreciate the consideration.
Feel free to start a new thread on that topic.

Posting off topic is against the website’s guidelines of forum etiquette and can result in a ban.

As you have never before been a member of the website, never before posted in the forum and have never before conversed with me before, you would not be aware of that.

Welcome to RHP.

Moves
14 May 22

Done! Thank you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said

Posting off topic is against the website’s guidelines of forum etiquette and can result in a ban.

As you have never before been a member of the website, never before posted in the forum and have never before conversed with me before, you would not be aware of that.

Welcome to RHP.
Deflection, dodge.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said

Welcome to RHP.
Oh, please.

Topics never stay on topic.

Apparently, you'd just rather dodge the questions.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 May 22

@suzianne said
Oh, please.

It would be more honest of divegeester if he just didn't reply.

F

Moves
14 May 22

@josephw said
The new poster, stryker, started a thread with his question, as suggested; I don't see what the priblem is.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

@josephw said
Deflection, dodge.
Don’t be silly josephw.

I’m more than happy to post in the new thread and will do a little later.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

@josephw said
Can you not post off topic please.

If you want to call me out over something then start a thread; I will be more than happy to speedball your ball-sack anywhere anytime.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

@suzianne said
Oh, please.

I’ll post in the other thread later you crazy loon.

Chill out.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 22

@stryker said
Done! Thank you.
Thanks I’ll reply later today. Probs shortly, just doing a few chores atm.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said
Thanks I’ll reply later today. Probs shortly, just doing a few chores atm.
You're an ATM repairman? 😏

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said
I wanted to start a thread called “would you believe in your god if….” Where the idea is to present some increasingly terrible things that a god being might do and ask the protagonists if they would believe in their god if it did that thing.

But it occurred to me quite quickly that the hellfire Christians already have it sown up with the doctrine of “eternal suffering ...[text shortened]... asure, the most terrible, the most amoral , the most disgusting thing anyone could do.

Congrats!
I can think of something worse.

But you don't want to hear it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said

Welcome to RHP.
Shame, you felt the need to run away; I was looking forward to your response.