1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 17:094 edits
    Not because he puts up a good intellectual fight but because it's a big old world out there; and all kinds of silly beliefs like tea-leaf/palm reading, astrology/horoscope reading, radical Islam, Scientology, Flat earthers, psychics, etc...

Fundamentalist Christianity has the monopoly position with respect to 'spirituality' on these boards and it's good that someone from a different wing of the asylum was walked into the common room - if only he would behave himself! I am always pleased to see a Bible literalist Christian try to attack his arguments in the same way we non-Christians attack theirs ;]

We need more dogmatic Muslims, more scientologists, more 'psychics', etc... in this forum, preferably the sort who can hold their own when challenged without stooping to insults.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 17:49
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Not because he puts up a good intellectual fight but because it's a big old world out there; and all kinds of silly beliefs like tea-leaf/palm reading, astrology/horoscope reading, radical Islam, Scientology, Flat earthers, psychics, etc...

Fundamentalist Christianity has the monopoly position with respect to 'spirituality' on these boards and it's good tha ...[text shortened]... m, preferably the sort who can hold their own when challenged without stooping to insults.
    Yes, I agree.But did you have to start another thread about him?
    His heads going to be full in the morning 🙂
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    double post
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 17:561 edit
    I think his participation on these forums could serve a useful purpose, all the other threads tend to be of the "p!ss off vishvahetu you're full of sh**" variety; this is a comparatively nice thread for him

I may of course get my hands bitten by him for this thread, but it's a good old pair of gloves I'm wearing here...I'm safe enough! ;]
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:42

Fundamentalist Christianity has the monopoly position with respect to 'spirituality' on these boards and it's good tha ...[text shortened]... m, preferably the sort who can hold their own when challenged without stooping to insults.
    No one posting in this forum knows anything perfectly. But some know a little better than others.

It's not so much what one says here, or even how it is said. We must read between the lines and understand the intent and basic motive. It is the underlying truth we seek. No?

One thing I think you will agree with, and that is that much of what is posted in this forum is bunk, a lie, and not true at all.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 20:521 edit

Fundamentalist Christianity has the monopoly position with respect to 'spirituality' on these boards and it's good tha m, preferably the sort who can hold their own when challenged without stooping to insults.
    Your point is valid, but please...no more publicity for this guy.

Edit: my bad for starting the other thread in the first place.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 23:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    No one posting in this forum knows anything perfectly. But some know a little better than others.

It's not so much what one says here, or even how it is said. We must read between the lines and understand the intent and basic motive. It is the underlying truth we seek. No?

One thing I think you will agree with, and that is that much of what is posted in this forum is bunk, a lie, and not true at all.
    Not true.....any person who subscribes to the teachings of Vedanta Sutra shall receive perfect knowledge without error.

But to assimilate this higher knowledge, one must live the spiritual life described by Vedanta and purify their intelligence, mind, senses and body to be able to understand the finer points of the spiritual.

Just reading the Vedanta will not give the clear understanding...so being pure will make the understanding effective.

This is the catch, that one must live the spiritual life to get the clear understanding.......there are no short/cuts to understanding Godhead.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 00:51
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Not true.....any person who subscribes to the teachings of Vedanta Sutra shall receive perfect knowledge without error.

But to assimilate this higher knowledge, one must live the spiritual life described by Vedanta and purify their intelligence, mind, senses and body to be able to understand the finer points of the spiritual.

Just reading the Vedant ...[text shortened]... tual life to get the clear understanding.......there are no short/cuts to understanding Godhead.
    I said no one posting in this forum knows anything perfectly.

Are you saying that you know something perfectly?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 02:57
    Originally posted by josephw
    I said no one posting in this forum knows anything perfectly.

Are you saying that you know something perfectly?
    The purpose of this human form is described perfectly in Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva....and since we (the persons in this forum) are all in the human form, the only important thing for one to do is take the perfect instruction from from Vedanta Sutra, which will give the perfection of life which is returning back home to Godhead.

There is nowhere else anywhere to find this perfect knowledge, and all one has to do is take the instruction seriously to obtain the perfection of life.

There is no other perfection of life, that is greater than returning back to Godhead.

Retuning back to Godhead surpasses all other quests.
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 09:04
    The purpose of this human form is described perfectly in Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva....and since we (the persons in this forum) are all in the human form, the only important thing for one to do is take the perfect instruction from from Vedanta Sutra, which will give the perfection of life which is returning back home to Godhead.

There is nowhere ...[text shortened]... greater than returning back to Godhead.

Retuning back to Godhead surpasses all other quests.
    wrong
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:121 edit

Fundamentalist Christianity has the monopoly position with respect to 'spirituality' on these boards and it's good tha m, preferably the sort who can hold their own when challenged without stooping to insults.
    if this is the best we can come up with in terms of diversity, we are better off just telling the robbie or the josephw they are wrong.

and please don't mention scientologists, you make me have a frowny face.
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 14:28
    My head's gonna be empty, aka Mrs Lom.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 20:10
    any person who subscribes to the teachings of Vedanta Sutra shall receive perfect knowledge without error.
    and there you have it folks...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 20:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    😞

you were right, DG. Another tick for your box.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 20:232 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How many times have we heard (paraphrased)

"any person who subscribes to the teachings of [the Bible] shall receive perfect knowledge without error."?

Any difference between his claims and fundamentalist Christians' claims are trivial.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree