1. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 16:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    2 Timothy 3:16 (New International Version)
    16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

If this part of the Bible was not from God then it wouldn't be there....
    The funny thing is, that since that line was written, people did pick and choose what would be part of 'scripture' ie the Bible. At the time that was written, not only was it not part of the Bible (the Bible didn't exist) but it wouldn't have been regarded as scripture. The writer almost certainly did not expect it to become part of scripture.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:06
    So in your view IF Jesus didn't say something was wrong even with all the evidence that he is in complete agreement with his Father on all things .....
    So is Jesus Christ in agreement with His father who made explicit rules which said that adulterers and disoedient children must be stoned to death?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The funny thing is, that since that line was written, people did pick and choose what would be part of 'scripture' ie the Bible. At the time that was written, not only was it not part of the Bible (the Bible didn't exist) but it wouldn't have been regarded as scripture. The writer almost certainly did not expect it to become part of scripture.
    And how do you know this?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So is Jesus Christ in agreement with His father who made explicit rules which said that adulterers and disoedient children must be stoned to death?
    You tell me. You have a Bible....
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:32
    It would take a blind person to not see the condition of the world and it's many problems.
    And the Bible fortold centuries ago that all the wickedness we see even more so now, is from Satan knowing he has only a short time left.
    You obviously don't see that and no matter what I say will ever change your mind.
    The catch for you is if you ever did ad ...[text shortened]... hat there is a Devil then you'd have to admit there is a God and that seems to be beyond you.
    Humanity has always had 'conditions' and problems and will continue to do so. I hardly think that's evidence for Satan.

You continue to see the world through your JW indoctrinated glasses. I have yet to see you present a coherent case that things are more wicked than they used to be.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Humanity has always had 'conditions' and problems and will continue to do so. I hardly think that's evidence for Satan.

You continue to see the world through your JW indoctrinated glasses. I have yet to see you present a coherent case that things are more wicked than they used to be.
    If your eyes were open you'd see the differances between now and just when we were kids. Holy cow Knob are you serious?!!
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:46
    If your eyes were open you'd see the differances between now and just when we were kids. Holy cow Knob are you serious?!!
    Enlighten me.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:48
    Enlighten me.
    Pick up your local newspaper and read.....
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:49
    Come on use your noggin.

When was Timothy written? When was the final decision on which writings would make the New Tesament? Who decided which writings would become part of the New Testament? What happenned to the writings that didn't make 'the final cut'?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 17:51
    I take it you have nothing then.

You have repeatedly made this claim for a while now, and when pressed to clarify it further you just tail off without providing anything.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 18:07
    I take it you have nothing then.

You have repeatedly made this claim for a while now, and when pressed to clarify it further you just tail off without providing anything.
    And I also know that no matter what I show you about anything you'll do your usual scoffing so why waist my time. So I'm letting it go and so should you. But you really do need to get a bigger grasp of this world both physical and spiritual in your mind because it so much bigger then you know. 🙂
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 18:17
    And I also know that no matter what I show you about anything you'll do your usual scoffing so why waist my time. So I'm letting it go and so should you. But you really do need to get a bigger grasp of this world both physical and spiritual in your mind because it so much bigger then you know. 🙂
    You made a claim, i asked you to back it up. You've failed to do so yet again.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 18:58
    So in your view IF Jesus didn't say something was wrong even with all the evidence that he is in complete agreement with his Father on all things and the rest of the Bible condemns homosexuality, it's ok to live that life style because Jesus didn't specifically mention it? Wow....

Perhaps this is your view of fornication which is what homosexuality i ...[text shortened]... ver to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
    You keep quoting all this scripture - have you ever tried thinking instead of just parroting this stuff? Or does your bible tell you not to? And it does make me laugh this holier-than-than-thou-for-thou-art-not-a-christian nonsense. Some of the meanest, most hard-hearted, miserable, selfish bigots I've met were devout christians, and some of the nicest, most generous, charitable, affable and just downright good people I've met were not. I'm pretty sure that Jesus would forgive you if he met you, but I don't think he'd agree with you.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 19:01
    Do you know otherwise? Or do you just have nothing better to say?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 19:10
    You are right as usual. Satan is really at work here :

<<< Child abuse with the Jehovah's Witnesses
    Weighty accusations are being raised by Jehovah's Witness against their own religious community. The organization protects child molesters from prosecution by legal authorities. Some of the critics are being disfellowshipped for speaking out. >>>>

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw102.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree