"I quit being a Christian...."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
And that is what, like quiting one's country club where one lives?
Kelly
It means people like you, and whodey, and the various other fundamentalist Christians are people who she in no way wants to be associated with.

w

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Reread the post.

Or do you really want to go back to those who preach "forgiveness" and "love of your neighbor", yet support the death penalty and the ostracization of homosexuals?
Love and forgive. You mean like driving money changers out of temples with whips?

w

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
It means people like you, and whodey, and the various other fundamentalist Christians are people who she in no way wants to be associated with.
Now see that just hurts. Sure Kelly and I have been known to smite a few heathens in our day but to suggest we are "bad company" I think is hitting below the belt. :'(

T

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by whodey
Love and forgive. You mean like driving money changers out of temples with whips?
Jesus said that He will judge. If you haven't figured it out, that doesn't include you. Jesus spoke time and again against hypocrisy. You judge homosexuals as unfit to attend your church because of what you deem to be their sin. Based on prior discussions, you allow yourself and others to continue to attend your church even though you continue to sin.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Aug 10

You're certainly a prideful one.

And I simply suggested that you reread the post - twice.

What's more, I gave you an example anyway.
I think I'm a pretty humble person but whatever. At least I'm not arrogent with rudeness.
Anyway I asked for a list I could discuss with you not one example.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by whodey
Now see that just hurts. Sure Kelly and I have been known to smite a few heathens in our day but to suggest we are "bad company" I think is hitting below the belt. :'(
More than that. She finds your interpretations of Jesus to be repulsive and twisted.

T

Moves
01 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I think I'm a pretty humble person but whatever. At least I'm not arrogent with rudeness.
Anyway I asked for a list I could discuss with you not one example.
What's interesting is that it seems that most prideful people believe themselves to be humble. What's also interesting is that prideful people often take the truth as "rudeness".

I chose to give you one. Take it or leave it. Or you could even do something radical and reread the post (if that's not beyond you).

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Aug 10

What's interesting is that it seems that most prideful people believe themselves to be humble. What's also interesting is that prideful people often take the truth as "rudeness".

I chose to give you one. Take it or leave it. Or you could even do something radical and reread the post (if that's not beyond you).
Forget it......Not worth my time.

T

Moves
01 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Forget it......Not worth my time.
Getting to the truth can be time consuming. That seems to be the reason so many are content to be provided with simplistic answers, no matter how false.

g

Moves
01 Aug 10

It seems most rude people believe they are acting with kindness.

T

Moves
01 Aug 10
2 edits

Originally posted by gtbiking4life
It seems most rude people believe they are acting with kindness.
A notion that seems to be quite prevalent, especially amongst Christians, is that there is something "unkind" or "rude" about truth. So they cover up truth with "white lies", by omission, etc. which are forms of deceit. What's interesting is that these same Christians believe that "God is truth" and that deceit is borne of Satan, yet they shrink from the truth and embrace deceit. They spend so much time in darkness that they can't stand the light of truth.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Aug 10

A notion that seems to be quite prevalent, especially amongst Christians, is that there is something "unkind" or "rude" about truth. So they cover up truth with "white lies", by omission, etc. which are forms of deceit. What's interesting is that these same Christians believe that "God is truth" and that deceit is borne of Satan, yet they shrink from the ...[text shortened]... deceit. They spend so much time in darkness that they can't stand the light of truth.
Wow..you are a truly dark person. Almost scary.

g

Moves
02 Aug 10

A notion that seems to be quite prevalent, especially amongst Christians, is that there is something "unkind" or "rude" about truth. So they cover up truth with "white lies", by omission, etc. which are forms of deceit. What's interesting is that these same Christians believe that "God is truth" and that deceit is borne of Satan, yet they shrink from the ...[text shortened]... deceit. They spend so much time in darkness that they can't stand the light of truth.
You should be a story writer. You certainly have a great imagination. 😀

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Aug 10

[quote] For those who care, and I understand if you don't: [b]Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten ...years, I've t ...[text shortened]... Anne Rice has had her eyes opened to the hypocrisy that is Christianity.

Comments?[/b]
I quit being white. I want to be a mexican so the US government can give me whatever I want.

w

Moves
02 Aug 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
More than that. She finds your interpretations of Jesus to be repulsive and twisted.
Well, other than that I'm not so bad.

BTW: Is she standing right behind you telling you what she thinks of me? 😲