If anyone has any questions on slavation bring ...

If anyone has any questions on slavation bring ...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

London

Moves
18 Jun 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So, in light of this, why do you dismiss Global Climate Change with such flippancy?
Where/when have I ever dismissed Global Warming, with or without flippancy?

l

London

Moves
18 Jun 07

My point is likelihood. The sky is not going to crash down. It'd go against our entire understanding of physics, as well as everything we know from our own experiences. The chances of you train derailing on your way to work are much, much higher (especially in the UK), yet I doubt you give that a second thought, so why look up when someone says "the ...[text shortened]... ng which makes no logical sense" premise, remind me why I should consult your bible again?
That's the second time in successive posts that you're ignoring what I'm actually saying. Maybe you're confusing me with some stereotype you have in mind.

I did not ask you to consult the Bible. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Of course the "sky" falling is logically impossible, but something falling from the sky is not and, as you say, the cost of confirming that is low enough.

Moves
20 Jun 07

I would like to ask those who believe in Salvation wither they are Compatilists, Incompatilist or Libertarians? i.e. your personal taking of Determinism.
Thank you

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
20 Jun 07

Originally posted by 123roco
I would like to ask those who believe in Salvation wither they are Compatilists, Incompatilist or Libertarians? i.e. your personal taking of Determinism.
Thank you
I'm just a simple nigga in the vineyard of the Lord.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Jun 07

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Where/when have I ever dismissed Global Warming, with or without flippancy?
Very sorry, my bad. I misread something you wrote.

Of course, I fully retract the statement, and offer unreserved apologies.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Jun 07

Originally posted by lucifershammer
That's the second time in successive posts that you're ignoring what I'm [b]actually saying. Maybe you're confusing me with some stereotype you have in mind.

I did not ask you to consult the Bible. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Of course the "sky" falling is logically impossible, but something falling from the sky is not and, as you say, the cost of confirming that is low enough.[/b]
You didn't ask me to consult the bible. T'is true. I wonder though, what other route you would suggest that I "seriously think about it"?

l

London

Moves
20 Jun 07

Very sorry, my bad. I misread something you wrote.

Of course, I fully retract the statement, and offer unreserved apologies.
No problem.

l

London

Moves
20 Jun 07

You didn't ask me to consult the bible. T'is true. I wonder though, what other route you would suggest that I "seriously think about it"?
I mean, give the whole spirituality/religion thing a serious think. Examine the assumptions of your current metaphysics (which, I suppose, is some kind of scientific materialism); take a look at the philosophy of science and its underlying assumptions. Read some modern philosophers of religion like Swinburne or Plantinga.