1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 01:39
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    .. its god who wants me, so its up to him to start selling himself. ...
    Im pretty sure you are mistaken. God does not want you.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rajk999, didn't you sharply criticize me for playing God ?

You DO have a short memory don't you ?

Everyone's salvation is between them and God.

NOT YOU.

Why do you insist on playing God.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 07:09
    if god came knocking on my door, what could he offer me? whats the benefits of being a christian? maybe im not looking hard enough but if i started believing and going to church and stuff i cant see how it would be good for me or anybody else, thus in my opinion making god pointless and irrelevant.
    If someone claiming to be called "god" came knocking at my door I'd suspect it was a JW with a new angle.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 08:10
    if god came knocking on my door, what could he offer me? whats the benefits of being a christian? maybe im not looking hard enough but if i started believing and going to church and stuff i cant see how it would be good for me or anybody else, thus in my opinion making god pointless and irrelevant.
    Our Guru said that these days i.e.the present modern times are such that even if God came to us and said " hey, look here, I am your creator and just dropped by to tell you that you will find everlasting happiness if you follow me! " we will not believe God and close the door.
    These days are the days of " Marketing " and even Ultimate Reality /Truth /God needs to be marketed. Here in India we have plenty of farces played on the stage which involve the very theme of the O.P., namely the visit of God to earth. God and his assistant Chitragupta who keeps accounts of our good and bad deeds get confused and rattled by our politicians,systems and our follies and decide never to visit the earth again. This is the usual way these farces play out. In India even God is subject of much comment and lampooning.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 09:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The poster gave me no reason whether self defined or defined by another. I just asked for any.

I was told to mind my own business. Anyway, the poster likes buildings with steeples and stain glass windows I suppose.

What that has to do with the church I don't know. I guess Western bungalows with steeples are just pretty.
    sorry jaywill, my response was tongue in cheek and no offence was intended. i wasnt really telling you to mind your own business as later on in the post i did answer your question.
    steeples are pretty (i was thinking the old english stone types), glad to see we are on the same page there! also a great example of how religion doesnt have much to offer me. why am i supposed to let him in if he hasnt brought cake!!!
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 09:59
    good answer!! the rejection and humiliation of not being wanted by god is now effecting my self esteem and making me want him, my god!!! have i found god!!! if he still doesnt want me its gonna make me want him more. maybe if i go down to city center and preach his word to passing stranger he will forgive me. i feel a rejection, love, hate spiral coming on!!!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 10:43
    good answer!! the rejection and humiliation of not being wanted by god is now effecting my self esteem and making me want him, my god!!! have i found god!!! if he still doesnt want me its gonna make me want him more. maybe if i go down to city center and preach his word to passing stranger he will forgive me. i feel a rejection, love, hate spiral coming on!!!
    You probably think Im kidding but its true.

Humans come in all types and God is fully aware that not all of his creation is acceptable. Some like yourself are flawed and are in the batch of what we call 'damaged goods'. Whether you live, die, happy or sad or whatever, God does not give a rats behind.

The Bible has four passages that prove what I say.
    - Only fools say there is no God
    - God has no pleasure in fools
    - It is better people like you were not born
    - The parable of the Sower and the Seed.

[No point quoting the passages as you dont believe anyway]

You are bad seed and you are of no use to God. So the faster you get off this planet and make room for someone more deserving the better God will feel. If you live to see the return of Christ you will be thrown into a lake of fire anyhow. Either way you and your nonsense will be eliminated.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 10:46

Humans come in all types and God is fully aware that not all of his creation is acceptable. Some like yourself are flawed and are in the batch of what we call 'damaged goods'. Whether you live, die, happy or sad or whatever, God does not give a rats behind.

The Bible has four passages that prove what I say. ...[text shortened]... ill be thrown into a lake of fire anyhow. Either way you and your nonsense will be eliminated.
    LOL!!!

That post made my morning.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 10:46
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Rajk999, didn't you sharply criticize me for playing God ?

You DO have a short memory don't you ?

Rajk999: Everyone's salvation is between them and God. NOT YOU. Why do you insist on playing God.
    Zing!!
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 10:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    LOL!!!

That post made my morning.
    Today Im breaking my rules. I talking to a few atheists ..
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 10:52

The Bible has four passages that prove what I say. ...[text shortened]... ill be thrown into a lake of fire anyhow. Either way you and your nonsense will be eliminated.
    And they call this a loving god....

So, any questions as to why the Christian beliefs are abominable and why idiotic irrational
    thinking should be challenged and where possible stopped?

Or should we just accept people who think that vast swathes of the population are
    inherently evil and are going to spend an eternity burning in fire and will deserve it.

Also, you just writ the problem of evil good and large...

If god created man (all man) and did so in a fashion that ensured that a large number
    wouldn't worship him and that these people would suffer for it for eternity then god is
    responsible for deliberately creating people who stand no chance of getting into heaven
    and who will spend eternity in hell after death.

There is no other description for this other than pure unadulterated evil.

The fact that you are so smug and self satisfied that you think that such a god exists and that
    you are one of the special people that he created who will go to heaven and thus lord it over
    all the damned who are going to hell is one of the clearest examples of the dangers and insidious
    inherent evil of religion and dogma.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    And they call this a loving god....

So, any questions as to why the Christian beliefs are abominable and why idiotic irrational
    thinking should be challenged and where possible stopped?

Or should we just accept people who think that vast swathes of the population are
    inherently evil and are going to spend an eternity burning in fire and will de ...[text shortened]... ne of the clearest examples of the dangers and insidious
    inherent evil of religion and dogma.
    God does not exist. What are you worried about?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:02
    God does not exist. What are you worried about?
    He might perhaps be a little worried about all the raw religion-inspired hatred that there is the world.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:04

so lets say i spend my entire life doing good, spreading love and happiness wherever i go. i find a cure for cancer and solve 3rd world debt and provide a sustainable food source of the worlds starving, i then go on to find a replacement for fossil fuels thats none polluting and get a world wide ban issued for the music of celine dion and michael bolton!!!!! the big guy still thinks im a 'fool' (does he sound like b.a. baracus). wow its a tough gig getting into heaven.
    i thought he was all about forgiveness, repent your sins and ill give you a clean slate and all that business. if i am lost cause why does he keep sending his minions to convert me?
    are you saying there is no point in spreading the word of christ?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    He might perhaps be a little worried about all the raw religion-inspired hatred that there is the world.
    Hatred in the world is generated from many sources. Nationalistic hatred, cultural hatred, class hatred, politically influenced hatred, etc etc. Religion is just one of the many. So let him sit and worry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree