1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 23:47
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I have posted my reasons for viewing WLC and this lecture as being full of logical fallacies and why his arguments are wrong in a new thread, so as not to put a multi post wall in the middle of this one.

Thanks for your labors there. It is being studied.

[quote]
    And my response to "Why do you exist then ?" is simply that I h ...[text shortened]... ed debunker of Craig's argument you certainly seem to come to his same conclusions.[/b]
    stop laughing like a crazy man, the men in white coats will be on their way!

yes the process of birth is complex and amazing but so is the birth of a star a 100 million light years away do the stars that have been born and died without anybody knowing have ever existed have a meaning? if so what meaning did they have? there are animals that live and die without ever effecting the world, what was their point, they are just as complex as a human?
    if childbirth is such a great example of gods existence - why are women in the developed world physically getting narrower hips making it harder and harder for natural child birth?
    what is the meaning of life to a christian? does your life have more meaning than an atheist.

im pretty sure kafka was an atheist.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 05:523 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

yes the process of birth is complex and amazing but so is the birth of a star a 100 million light years away do the stars that have been born and died without anybody knowing have ever existed have a meaning? if so what meaning did they have? there are animals that live a ...[text shortened]... tian? does your life have more meaning than an atheist.

That's right. One can hardly live that way.
    The thoughtful person would have to laugh to keep from crying.

Life becomes absurd without the love of God.

yes the process of birth is complex and amazing but so is the birth of a star a 100 million light years away do the stars that have been born and died without anybody knowing have ever existed have a meaning?

I think you would have to admit that a living person is on a higher plane of existence than a star. I would recognize a living person with a soul and a mind to be something more special than a giant ball of hot plasma.

if so what meaning did they have?

The star is there for man. The universe is here for our existence as human beings in it. God furnished a realm in which His creations can exist. That includes time and space and billions of items.

there are animals that live and die without ever effecting the world, what was their point, they are just as complex as a human?

There is nothing like a human being on the earth.

That itself should give us pause to consider. I mean dolphins and chimps are coo. So are ants and bees. But they are not as high on the plane of consciousness as human life.

How comet here is nothing else like a HUMAN on this planet ?

if childbirth is such a great example of gods existence - why are women in the developed world physically getting narrower hips making it harder and harder for natural child birth?

I know nothing about where women's hips are today.

However, the basic questions is "Why then are some things seem negative in the world if God is the good Creator ?"

I believe that these negative things are like the signals in the body for pain. In God's wisdom certain things in the body notify us that something is not right. If pain did not accompany something going wrong in the body then we would not heed the need for help.

I think something went wrong in man's relationship with God. He is wise enough and skillful enough that He did not shut everything down. But He had some things adjusted, modified, to act as notifiers that all is not well.

God the Creator had a way to cause some things in His creation to adjust a little. These are signals that something is not quite right anymore. Without these indicators we might not realize that something in our existence has become not right. And this imperfection and discomfort enfluence our searching our way back to God.

I think I recall that Kafka asked as his dying wish that all his works be burned. His friend did not carry out his wish.

Why do you point out that he was an atheist ? Does that change something ?

what is the meaning of life to a christian? does your life have more meaning than an atheist.

You will have to ask the atheist about himself.

As for me, there are many ways for me to speak of why I am here. Right now I would just say that as an eternal object of God's inseparable love I have MEANING in that.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to serparate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38,39)

The eternal and inseperable love of God in Jesus Christ for man supplies the man with meaning. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. It binds us to the Eternal One, mingles us with Him, unites us with Him in eternal life and love for His expression and our enjoyment.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 00:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You probably think Im kidding but its true.

Humans come in all types and God is fully aware that not all of his creation is acceptable. Some like yourself are flawed and are in the batch of what we call 'damaged goods'. Whether you live, die, happy or sad or whatever, God does not give a rats behind.

The Bible has four passages that prove what I say. ...[text shortened]... ill be thrown into a lake of fire anyhow. Either way you and your nonsense will be eliminated.
    Wrong.

May the lord rebuke you.

I guess you are the kind of person that would let his children die if they became bad eggs. I in know way know what purpose He has for mister stellspalfie but what you claim seems pretty stupid considering He sent his only begotten son as a sacrifice to wash away our sins.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree