1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its easy. Take your time and read it.

As far as I am concerned we are all on the same level.
    When Christ returns, things will change.
    So clearly God knows what level we are all at. Not me.

For all you know I might be wrong. God might actually like atheists and people who dont believe in him 🙂
    As far as I am concerned we are all on the same level.

I find that hard to believe after reading your comments on this thread.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:51
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    When has any atheist on this forum said anything as hateful as this gem -

'So the faster you get off this planet and make room for someone more deserving the better God will feel.'
    He started it by saying God wants him and God is after him.
    I was just showing him that God does not want atheists.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:553 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    sorry jaywill, my response was tongue in cheek and no offence was intended. i wasnt really telling you to mind your own business as later on in the post i did answer your question.
    steeples are pretty (i was thinking the old english stone types), glad to see we are on the same page there! also a great example of how religion doesnt have much to offer me. why am i supposed to let him in if he hasnt brought cake!!!
    sorry jaywill, my response was tongue in cheek and no offence was intended. i wasnt really telling you to mind your own business as later on in the post i did answer your question.
    steeples are pretty (i was thinking the old english stone types), glad to see we are on the same page there! also a great example of how religion doesnt have much to offer me. why am i supposed to let him in if he hasnt brought cake!!!

I remember a phase of sitting under a mountain of passivity thinking, "Well if God loves me God has to come knocking on my door."

He knocks on the door of your conscience. He knocks by sending people, some of which are imperfect, somewhat of a nuisance, (depending on your point of view).

He may send different people to you over the years to tell you of the love of Christ and His death for your sins. One comes and you may think "That one is TOO young." Then latter God may send an older person. You might think "That one is TOO old." Then latter you may think "That Christian is too intelligent." Then years latter God may send another to tell you the good news. "That one is too dumb."

You may go on with excuses against everyone whom God sends to you. Maybe you'll come to a day and there will be no more excuses to have. If Christ's death on the cross and His resurrection to save you has no meaning for you now, it will not fail to have great significance for you inevitably.

Everyman is on a a rendevous with his conscience and God. That is a rendevous when the secrets of the heart will be totally brought into the light of His holiness and righteousness. We all need Jesus the Savior as our Advocate and Attorney because "the judgment of God is according to truth ...". (Romans 2:2)

His record of our doings will be absolutely infallible and nothing will be missing. The love of Christ to be a Savior who bore the divine judgment on your behal, at Calvary, that you would not have to bear so heavy a debt, will become meaningful to you inevitably.

I would encourge you to read the Gospel of John or the Gospel of Luke at your own speed yourself, if you have not.

Now you are just taking refuge in a passivity - "Well if God wants me He has to come an pound on my door."

A Dove doesn't pound on doors much. And the Holy Spirit is symbolized as a dove - gentle, single eyed, easily chased away until it returns again. A dove will not coerce you or usurp your will.

Jesus the Son of God loves the sinner and died and rose for the sinner's salvation.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 11:59
    rajk999 could you help me with another question. god doesnt like people who dont belive in him, right? how does he feel about the people who lived before christ or around the same time that had no chance to read the bible or hear his word. lets say north and south america. millions of people lived and died without the word of christ. will god make and exception for them. its not there fault he never got around to sending the messiah for a visit. how could they possibly belive, no burning bushes for them!!!
    also im keen to find out your opinion on the question i asked about living a good, giving, loving life would i still be fool in gods eyes.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:00
    No, you can have no possible idea what god wants because you have no idea if god even exists.

What you just demonstrated was what you personally think of atheists (and anyone else who
    doesn't believe in your god).

You just demonstrated that you think yourself superior to atheists, and think that they should be
    eradicated and punished.

You try to fob off any responsibility for these thoughts by claiming it's what god wants... but god does
    not exist, and certainly isn't talking to you, thus anything you claim god says is really what you say.
    Consciously or subconsciously
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]As far as I am concerned we are all on the same level.

I find that hard to believe after reading your comments on this thread.[/b]
    Smarty, the comments on this thread are all in the Bible.

Christ said that if anyone hinders people from coming to him [like atheists always do], it was better if a millstone was hanged on that persons neck and he be thrown into the sea.

I was just clearing up this misconception atheists have that God wants them. All my comments I specifically stated that its in the Bible and God said it.

So if someone starts the 'God' talk then all this is part of talking about God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:07
    rajk999 could you help me with another question. god doesnt like people who dont belive in him, right? how does he feel about the people who lived before christ or around the same time that had no chance to read the bible or hear his word. lets say north and south america. millions of people lived and died without the word of christ. will god make and e ...[text shortened]... he question i asked about living a good, giving, loving life would i still be fool in gods eyes.
    Im pretty sure Jaywill will address your questions here.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:13

Hell will be filled with religious people.

And Christ died and rose for the atheists just like He died and rose for everyone else.

If God did not want atheists to be saved then C.S. Lewis and many other former atheists would have remained unbelievers.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [quote]
    I would encourge you to read the Gospel of [b]John
    or the Gospel of Luke at your own speed yourself, if you have not.

Now you are just taking refuge in a passivity - "Well if God wants me He has to come an pound on my door."

A Dove doesn't pound on doors much. And the Holy Spirit is symbolized as a dove - gentle, single eyed, ...[text shortened]... ill.

Jesus the Son of God loves the sinner and died and rose for the sinner's salvation.[/b]
    thanks, a genuine answer.

i dont 'get' the dying on the cross for our sins thing. god set up all the parameters, he created everything so in what way is he dying for me. it was his game his rules. he created sin, he created the weakness in man. in what way is dying on a cross helping, who decided that dying would absolve the sins of man. there doesnt seem to be any logic. i might be missing something but why did god deciede this was the way things needed to happend and on the grand scheme of things how has it helped, what would the world be like if christ hadnt died on the cross?
    i have read parts of the bible and intend on reading more. my 6yr old has 'god' so i guess i should find out more to help her.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:17
    Originally posted by jaywill

Hell will be filled with religious people.

And Christ died and rose for the atheists just like He died and rose for everyone else.

If God did not want atheists to be saved then C.S. Lewis and many other former atheists would have remained unbelievers.
    Well obviously Jaywill, if atheists convert then they are believers.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:21
    Im pretty sure Jaywill will address your questions here.
    id like to know what you both think. i like your straight talking shooting from the hip fire and brimstone, slap my cheek and ill headbutt you approach to christianity.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:361 edit
    id like to know what you both think. i like your straight talking shooting from the hip fire and brimstone, slap my cheek and ill headbutt you approach to christianity.
    Lol .. interesting. That what most people dont like about me.

Anyway if you really interested in chatting about God, I would prefer if you start another thread and ask your questions in the opening post MINUS the derogatory remarks like 'God is pointless' etc. This one really does not sound like a post those interested in God will read. If you do it that way Im sure many of the religious here would participate and asnwer all your questions .. Im not saying you will like all the answers ... 😀

What say you ? 🙂
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:411 edit

i dont 'get' the dying on the cross for our sins thing. god set up all the parameters, he created everything so in what way is he dying for me. it was his game his rules. he created sin, he created the weakness in man. in what way is dying on a cross helping, who decided that dying would absolve the sins of man. there doesn ...[text shortened]... intend on reading more. my 6yr old has 'god' so i guess i should find out more to help her.

i dont 'get' the dying on the cross for our sins thing. god set up all the parameters, he created everything so in what way is he dying for me. it was his game his rules. he created sin, he created the weakness in man. in what way is dying on a cross helping, who decided that dying would absolve the sins of man. there doesnt seem to be any logic. i might be missing something but why did god deciede this was the way things needed to happend and on the grand scheme of things how has it helped, what would the world be like if christ hadnt died on the cross?
    i have read parts of the bible and intend on reading more. my 6yr old has 'god' so i guess i should find out more to help her.

These are many deep questions which a few words of a post are not likely to do justice to.

God knows your heart. And if you continue to read the Bible and asking God to impress upon you the important things that He wants to say to you, I am pretty sure the answers you get will be better than what anyone on this Forum can write.

This is a good prayer for someone reading the Bible or reading with their children. I don't mean you have to repeat verbatim. But I mean the attitude of the prayer is very good:

"Lord God, I come to the Bible but I also come to you. I come with a willingness for you to speak to my heart. I come with a willingness even to have my heart changed. I open it pages. But I also open to God.

What is from God I take. Save me from any unnecessary extras. Thank you God. Amen."

Many people come to the Bible to look for curiosities or novel things to tickle their intellect. Worse still are those opening up the Bible to find excuses to reject God.

I find it effective to come to the Bible with a willingness to be changed by God. But only what is of the Spirit of God I desire. Extra things may be ignored.

I tend to be very verbose when posting. There is much more I would like to say about this. But your reading would get tired. So I stop here.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:52

I am sorry. But I simply have to mention this.

On the third day ... the third day ... He rose from the dead. Jesus.

I don't know about "converting". This Person is mysterious but available and can be known because "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" ( 1 Cor. 15:45)
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 13:002 edits
    Let me see if some short answers can say at least something about these deep questions:

dont 'get' the dying on the cross for our sins thing.

The death of the Son of God is something like a blank check in which any amount of money can be inserted by the whole world.

On behalf of all human beings in all human history, God has devized a way that all sins may be judged by His righteous judgment at one time.

Think of blank check in which any amount of funds you need can be written in. And that not only for you but for any and everybody who has ever lived or will live.

god set up all the parameters, he created everything so in what way is he dying for me.

He created also beings with a free will to decide or choose. I think knowing before the creation of the world the worst outcome of beings with a free will He established a method to atone for such a problem for everybody.

And I have to run an errand now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree