If it's proven there's no god

If it's proven there's no god

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
13 Apr 15
2 edits

D

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Moves
13 Apr 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The fact that someone agreed with you, does not make either of you correct.

And as I noted at the time, the fact that someone else understood your words to
mean [or claimed to at least] what you claim they were intended to mean, does
in no way prove that that was the only viable interpretation, or that it was the
same meaning I took from those words [correctly or incorrectly].

As such, you still have provided no evidence or convincing argument to the effect
that I have been, or are being, dishonest towards you or anyone else on these
forums.

And while it is also true that women are often discriminated against and marginalised,
I do not pick on or marginalise women [or gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transsexuals, ethnic
minorities, or insert label here].
If and where I disagree with you its not because I think you are a woman, it's because
I think you are wrong. And in that regard you get exactly the same treatment as anyone
else. Where you get treated with less civility than some others is due to your condescension
and lack of civility towards me [and others]. But again, this is exactly the same response I
have to anyone doing the same thing.

Now if [as is evident] you don't like the way I behave, you are under no obligation to
respond to me. And as I am not hounding you or persecuting you or discriminating against
you, you will not find me popping up in all your threads derailing them. If you don't like me
you do not have to talk to me and get all affronted.

However if you persist in lying about me, and insulting me, I will give as good as I get and
then some. And the same goes for anyone and everyone else.

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
philosophy is all well and good....but it always looses out to the cold, hard, emotionless, facts provided by science.

you are fully entitled to you views about googlefudges forum conduct. my only complaint was that you complained about his mudslinging, then threw some back at him. if you are going to claim the moral high ground, stay on it.

i find you comments about myslef and googlefudge uniting because we are both white british men rather offensive (i have no idea what colour googlefudge is either). but equally, i support your right to offend me.

i think the 'hate' you receive is not due to your sexuality. i would say its mainly your views, the right-winger knuckle heads in the debates forum in particular and also they way you go about expressing your views. you may think you are being assertive or a bitch (the two are not the same thing, they are very different)..my opinion is that you often appear condensing. people tend to react badly to this, regardless of sex.

to be frank (and i dont mean this to sound offensive), i always assumed you were a white british male. my apologies if i was wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
philosophy is all well and good....but it always looses out to the cold, hard, emotionless, facts provided by science.

you are fully entitled to you views about googlefudges forum conduct. my only complaint was that you complained about his mudslinging, then threw some back at him. if you are going to claim the moral high ground, stay on it.

i fi ...[text shortened]... o sound offensive), i always assumed you were a white british male. my apologies if i was wrong.
Duchess64 has often been insulting, disingenuous, and dishonest so that is why no one is sure of his/her sex. Expressing opinions to someone as if speaking of a third person does not help.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]Isn't that what I am assuming? I know you do exists as well as you do.

I suspect there must be something wrong with his proof.

the idea of answering hypothetical questions is to accept the premise of the hypothetical is correct then answer the question, not to immediately question the plausibility of the premise. if we did that it ...[text shortened]... he proof, because the premise is that it is proven beyond doubt for you. what would you do then?[/b]
But we simply do NOT "accept the premise". The premise is FALSE, and anyone knows that, no matter how perfect one's logic, arguing on a false given renders the whole argument moot. The premise will NEVER be "proven".

L

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
But we simply do NOT "accept the premise". The premise is FALSE, and anyone knows that, no matter how perfect one's logic, arguing on a false given renders the whole argument moot. The premise will NEVER be "proven".
Yeah, everyone knows that hypotheticals and counterfactual thought exercises and whatnot are pointless and moot. 🙄

How about selling your crazy somewhere else, Suzianne?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by vivify
This is irrelevant. Twhitehead and Finnegan made me realize something: every theist in this thread has hijacked and diverted this thread to something other than answering a very simple OP.

Suzianne resorted to accusing me of underhandedly attacking her faith.

You (Sonship) have discussed everything but the OP, posting incredibly long, irrelevant re ...[text shortened]... e go by Suzianne's incredibly emotional response (and other theists on this thread) maybe it is.
Firstly, our position is that God is REAL and makes a difference in our lives every day. This is proof of God to us, the believers.

Starting with a false premise is not good science. You can't do anything with a false given, and it renders all arguing moot.

Speculation on a false premise is just a gargantuan waste of time. You want to explore this falsity? Write a book. A book of FICTION.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by LemonJello
How about selling your crazy somewhere else, Suzianne?
Aaaaaaannnnd, here it is...

So we won't play your lame game of disrespecting our God and so you'll just disrespect us?

Ok, yeah, that makes sense... no, it doesn't.

L

Moves
13 Apr 15

Aaaaaaannnnd, here it is...

So we won't play your lame game of disrespecting our God and so you'll just disrespect us?

Ok, yeah, that makes sense... no, it doesn't.
Asking a simple frickin' hypothetical question does not amount to disrespecting your god or your faith. If you cannot understand that -- even after it has been explained to you -- then that is decidedly your problem.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by LemonJello
Asking a simple frickin' hypothetical question does not amount to disrespecting your god or your faith. If you cannot understand that -- even after it has been explained to you -- then that is decidedly your problem.
You actually do not get to tell someone else what should and should not
offend them, get serous here! If you worked where I do and someone
told you things you were doing and saying was offending them, then you
said this they would take it to HR and you'd have a problem.

Moves
13 Apr 15

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THE PREMISE IS FALSE!!!!!! ahem, sorry about that, im usually a very calm person.

it is simply a thought exercise to explore the what if's. by answering a hypothetical it does not make the hypothetical true. for example --

who would win in a fight between galactica and enterprise?

would you answer by saying "I do NOT accept the premise!!!!" or would you have a think about it and then reply "galactica (of course, it would smash the enterprise)".

anyhoo im missing new game of thrones writting this crap...im off.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by moonbus
EDIT: I can imagine a person finding it more annoying, than devastating or frightening, that there could be a conclusive proof of the non-existence of God.
As sonship has already said on this thread, if suddenly it was announced, that yes, God is dead and we have proof, then like him, the ONLY conclusion I could possibly adopt is that the "proof" must be wrong.

God is a god of the LIVING, and he so loved the world that he gave his Son that we might be able to overcome sin. This is full, and this is life, and this is truth. And indeed, I have personal experience that lends all the proof I personally need to be assured that my choice to follow Christ was the correct one. Everywhere one looks away from God is death and corruption, there is NO name by which we can be saved other than Jesus the Christ. Evil does its best to sidetrack us away from God. But we will NOT be sidetracked. We WILL overcome. This is God's promise to us.

L

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
You actually do not get to tell someone else what should and should not
offend them, get serous here! If you worked where I do and someone
If you worked where I do and someone

But I do not work where you do. Remember what our good friend Suzianne tells us: counterfactual thinking is pointless and moot. So sorry...but thanks for playing, KJ.

Seriously, though, there are valid reasons for feeling offended. Being asked a hypothetical question of this nature ain't one of them, though. Duh.

D

Moves
13 Apr 15