1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Genesis 7
    " 11-12 It was the six-hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month that it happened: all the underground springs erupted and all the windows of Heaven were thrown open. Rain poured for forty days and forty nights. "

We are discussing the story of the flood correct, this was the account.
    Kelly
    In other words, the premise for these assertions are stupid superstitious ones straight from religious scriptures.

Besides, that doesn't answer my questions.
  2. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 11:331 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    You first tried to give a rational natural explanation rather than a supernatural explanation for all the salt in the ocean.
    Now I pointed out to you why your natural explanation cannot account for all the salt in the oceans ( at least if you believe in a young-Earth ) , you resort to falling-back on a plan B which is say that the correct explanation is a supe ral explanation?
    If not, then why did you bother to try and give a natural explanation first?
    I can try and explan it with sience, there is sodium and chlorine in rain water so what happens when you dissolve a large amount of it in a small amount? a higher concentration of salt
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 12:012 edits
    Originally posted by tim88
    I can try and explan it with sience, there is sodium and chlorine in rain water so what happens when you dissolve a large amount of it in a small amount? a higher concentration of salt
    I can try and explan it with sience,

yes, and you did 'try', and you failed.
    So you then fell back to plan B and just said “god made it”.

there is sodium and chlorine in rain water

what?
    There might be tiny traces from sea spray and other sources that get airborne but surely you don't think that is where science says the salt originates there? -right?
    Where do you think those extremely tiny concentrations of salt/sodium/chlorine comes from that ends up in rain water?
    so what happens when you dissolve a large amount of it in a small amount? a higher concentration of salt

Don't know what you are exactly saying here: a “small amount” of what? a “large amount” of what? a “large amount” of Salt? If so, what would a large amount of salt be doing in rain water? Where did all that salt in rain water originate?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 12:50

That is a good point for much of this water may have BURST out from BENEATH the crust of the Earth at that time. (my emphasis)

LOL. What are you on?
    So there was/is vast pools of water under the crust that are so vast they could suddenly create a world wide flood by “BURST out from BENEATH the crust”?
    Have you got any evidence of this? A ...[text shortened]... the plug in the Earth's crust so that it just went back below the Earth's crust again or what?
    You ask:
    And where did all that water go after it came out and caused the flood? I mean, did somebody pull the plug in the Earth's crust so that it just went back below the Earth's crust again or what?

I already answered this question before but you apparently did not pay attention the first time, so here it is again.

He established the earth upon its foundations,
    So that it will not totter forever and ever.
    You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
    The waters were standing above the mountains.
    At Your rebuke they fled,

At the sound of Your thunder they hurried away.
    The mountains rose; the valleys sank down
    To the place which You established for them.
    You set a boundary that they may not pass over,
    So that they will not return to cover the earth.

(Psalms 104:5-9 NASB)

This Psalm records that after the flood waters had covered the mountains, God caused the mountains to rise and the valleys to sink and the waters fled into the lower valleys to never cover the whole Earth again.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 13:202 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You ask:
    [b]And where did all that water go after it came out and caused the flood? I mean, did somebody pull the plug in the Earth's crust so that it just went back below the Earth's crust again or what?

I already answered this question before but you apparently did not pay attention the first time, so here it is again.

He established the earth u ...[text shortened]... lleys to sink and the waters fled into the lower valleys to never cover the whole Earth again.[/b]
    Well, it is extremely hard for a truly rational mind to “pay attention” to such crap.
    I will never waste much if any of my time with reading stupid religious scriptures.

OK, so I repeat my other question:
    Have you got any evidence of this? i.e. Have you got any evidence that this is exactly what actually phsically happened?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 13:291 edit
    Well, it is extremely hard for a truly rational mind to “pay attention” to such crap.
    I will never waste much if any of my time with reading stupid religious scriptures.

Have you got any evidence of this? i.e. Have you got any evidence that this is exactly what actually phsically happened?
    Topography of the Earth

http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/topography/topography.html

http://www.tcnj.edu/~robitso2/oceantopographystudentresources.htm
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 13:56
    In other words, the premise for these assertions are stupid superstitious ones straight from religious scriptures.

Besides, that doesn't answer my questions.
    What do you want to see fossils on mountain tops of sea creatures, what?
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 13:59

Recorded history is recorded history, you except somethings written in the
    scriptures I'm sure...you just may not agree with some others.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 14:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Recorded history is recorded history, you except somethings written in the
    scriptures I'm sure...you just may not agree with some others.
    Kelly

Recorded history is recorded history,

there is a difference between “recorded history” and stories.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 14:461 edit

History is not fictional stories like romance novels, you numbnuts.

P.S. I have a book called "The Bible as History" by Werner Keller
    It eliminates all the parables and stories and prophecies and just concentrates on the history. So if you have trouble telling the difference, I suggest you get this book.
  11. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 14:58
    I can try and explan it with sience,

yes, and you did 'try', and you failed.
    So you then fell back to plan B and just said “god made it”.

there is sodium and chlorine in rain water

what?
    There might be tiny traces from sea spray and other sources that get airborne but surely you don't think that is where science says ...[text shortened]... arge amount of salt be doing in rain water? Where did all that salt in rain water originate?
    rain water comes from water vapor in to the atmosphere from oceans. So it rained for forty days and forty nights where do you think all that water come from i believe from god! the salt from god all from god thats why this question is ridiculous to me (next your going to ask me how did it rain for forty days and forty nights where did the water come from
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 15:01
    rain water comes from water vapor in to the atmosphere from oceans. So it rained for forty days and forty nights where do you think all that water come from i believe from god! the salt from god all from god thats why this question is ridiculous to me (next your going to ask me how did it rain for forty days and forty nights where did the water come from
    That's humy, just like a little child. Someone has to tell him everything, in detail.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 15:47

Yea, and some times recorded history came from stories and the other way
    around.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    History is not fictional stories like romance novels, you numbnuts.

P.S. I have a book called "The Bible as History" by Werner Keller
    It eliminates all the parables and stories and prophecies and just concentrates on the history. So if you have trouble telling the difference, I suggest you get this book.

History is not fictional stories like romance novels

that's clearly not what I said. If anything, I implied the opposite.
    I said "there is a DIFFERENCE between “recorded history” and stories." (my emphasis)
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 17:181 edit

rain water comes from water vapor in to the atmosphere from oceans.

Dirr.
    the salt from god all from god

so now you resort back to plan B again i.e. giving a supernatural explanation after your yet another attempt at a natural explanation with “there is sodium and chlorine in rain water so what happens when you dissolve a large amount of it in a small amount? a higher concentration of salt “ which I exposed as making no sense.

So I ask you yet again:
    why did you make giving a supernatural explanation plan B and not plan A? Is it because you recognise that a supernatural explanation has less credibility than a rational natural explanation?
    If not, then why did you bother to keep trying to give a natural explanation first?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree