If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Can't you read? Here it is again:
"At various times in the geologic past, very large bodies of water (such as the Mediterranean Sea and an old [b]ocean
that sat where the Atlantic Ocean sits now) also evaporated and made enormous deposits of rock salt. These deposits were later burried by marine sediments, but since halite is less dense t ...[text shortened]... com/od/salt/a/aboutsalt.htm

You do know there are mountain ridges under the ocean, right?[/b]
you're using science that makes those predictions based on the evidence that the earth is billions of years old to support your demented view?

t

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you're using science that makes those predictions based on the evidence that the earth is billions of years old to support your demented view?
science is awesome organic chemistry my fav! but there's just somethings that's beyond its understanding

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
Science has not advanced to the point of proving how old the Earth is at this time. But it has proved how God put a language code in living cells to provide information to the cell on how to produce the proteins necessary to keep it alive and allow it to reproduce. Pretty good for Crick and Watson on their part as biologists, but the geologist are dragging their behinds on the ground.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12

Science has not advanced to the point of proving how old the Earth is at this time. But it has proved how God put a language code in living cells to provide information to the cell on how to produce the proteins necessary to keep it alive and allow it to reproduce. Pretty good for Crick and Watson on their part as biologists, but the geologist are dragging their behinds on the ground.
It's funny that people a LOT smarter than you have figured the given age of the Earth is accurate within a small window and you admit the genetics boys have gotten the DNA code right but it is just your opinion there is something wrong with the age of the Earth because it doesn't fit into your YEC timeline.

Here is the main problem: Your YEC timeline is BONKERS.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's funny that people a LOT smarter than you have figured the given age of the Earth is accurate within a small window and you admit the genetics boys have gotten the DNA code right but it is just your opinion there is something wrong with the age of the Earth because it doesn't fit into your YEC timeline.

Here is the main problem: Your YEC timeline is BONKERS.
I guess that is hilarious to you; but it makes perfect sense to me, because I believe the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God. Now if you believed in the accuracy of the Holy Bible, wouldn't it make since that the geology boys must have made an error, especially if you have seen some of those errors and it all smells fishy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12

I guess that is hilarious to you; but it makes perfect sense to me, because I believe the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God. Now if you believed in the accuracy of the Holy Bible, wouldn't it make since that the geology boys must have made an error, especially if you have seen some of those errors and it all smells fishy.
Since you are not a geologist but instead are bent on destroying entire sciences, I think I will go with the geologists.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jun 12

Like you have even the remotest idea as to what mistakes geologists have made or will make. Talk about delusions of grandeur. You're a clueless, dishonest, bigoted old man who has nothing better to do than troll on a chess website.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Like you have even the remotest idea as to what mistakes geologists have made or will make. Talk about delusions of grandeur. You're a clueless, dishonest, bigoted old man who has nothing better to do than troll on a chess website.
I am just trying to learn you guys something. You guys are a hard teach because you all are so hard headed I can't get any knowledge to penetrate those thick skulls of yours.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jun 12

I am just trying to learn you guys something. You guys are a hard teach because you all are so hard headed I can't get any knowledge to penetrate those thick skulls of yours.
You've just rather eloquently made my point.

h

Moves
05 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tim88
I dont think it takes that long for salt to be made from rocks? salt is naci the ci is the chlorine molecule that's everywhere, I dont think all the salt come from a rock? Also i can't believe i'm talking about salt

I dont think it takes that long for salt to be made from rocks?

depends on how much you are talking about relative to the surface area of rock that is exposed to erosion.
If you talking about all the salt in the oceans, yes it takes that long -a few billion years!
I dont think all the salt come from a rock?

what do mean “a” rock? Do you think I am saying all the salt in the oceans came from just “a” rock i.e. just one piece of rock?
Where do you think all that salt came from then?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You've just rather eloquently made my point.
But you still have not learned anything because you keep shoving your head back up your arse.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by humy

I dont think it takes that long for salt to be made from rocks?

depends on how much you are talking about relative to the surface area of rock that is exposed to erosion.
If you talking about all the salt in the oceans, yes it takes that long -a few billion years!
I dont think all the salt come from a rock?

what do mea ...[text shortened]... rom just “a” rock i.e. just one piece of rock?
Where do you think all that salt came from then?
You are not a rock salt scientist, so we know just as much about it as you do.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12

But you still have not learned anything because you keep shoving your head back up your arse.
And you can tell because yours has been up the same cavity for a lifetime and refuses to come out. I guess you like the smell...

h

Moves
05 Jun 12

You are not a rock salt scientist, so we know just as much about it as you do.
I know vastly more than you do about it as you have repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance of it.
One does not have to be a “rock salt scientist” to just learn the basic known scientific facts relevant to this topic ( like I have ) such as where the salt comes from etc.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by humy
I know vastly more than you do about it as you have repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance of it.
One does not have to be a “rock salt scientist” to just learn the basic known scientific facts relevant to this topic ( like I have ) such as where the salt comes from etc.
I bet I have more experience with my ignorance that you do.