1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 19:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yeah, why else would I use the smug face? 😏
    It is a piss poor god that would design humans like we are. 3 year old's getting cancer, terrorists killing children BECAUSE they are in a western school.

Yeah, GREAT design there.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 22:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is a piss poor god that would design humans like we are. 3 year old's getting cancer, terrorists killing children BECAUSE they are in a western school.

Yeah, GREAT design there.
    You are deceived into believing a lie of Satan that God designed humans that way. However, humans get cancer as a result of the sin of Adam resulting in the curse of the ground by God and the banishment of humans from the garden paradise of God.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 11:082 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are deceived into believing a lie of Satan that God designed humans that way. However, humans get cancer as a result of the sin of Adam resulting in the curse of the ground by God and the banishment of humans from the garden paradise of God.
    Of course theists would have a story already to go in case anyone was so foolish as to bring up that issue. More unprovable statements. Your mythology in action.

So your 'god' got so pissed at Adam it condemned the entire human race to misery.

Sure, and I bet you have a very nice bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

It does prove one thing. How stupid and gullible humans really are, We think we are SO smart, then fall for such an obvious scam. Pathetic.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 02:522 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course theists would have a story already to go in case anyone was so foolish as to bring up that issue. More unprovable statements. Your mythology in action.

So your 'god' got so pissed at Adam it condemned the entire human race to misery.

Sure, and I bet you have a very nice bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

It does prove one thing. How stupid and ...[text shortened]... lible humans really are, We think we are SO smart, then fall for such an obvious scam. Pathetic.
    If you would just use your own common sense you should be able to see that the DNA of all humans do not have cancer and other diseases programmed into it so that all human bodies have diseases to begin with. Geneticists know that mutations cause these diseases over a period of time. If evolution were true then these diseases would be disappearing with time, but the opposite is happening because God created mankind perfect and good in the beginning.

http://genetics.thetech.org/about-genetics/mutations-and-disease

New cancer treatments target disease-causing mutations

Some cutting-edge research is giving new hope to cancer patients. Researchers are zeroing in on the causes of specific cancers and are finding dramatically different ways to fight the disease. To explain the latest findings, Dr. David Hyman from the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center joins Hari Sreenivasan.

YouTube
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 05:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I suggest you read the whole thing, because it allows it.
    You are rejoicing that there is a tiny little teeny weeny loop-hole, that may give you permission to be violent towards animals.

You are certainly turning over every rock to find something that excuses you of being violent towards these animals.

Why don't you simply surrender to gentleness and compassion?

It is very disturbing and disgusting that Christianity has pasted Jesus into history, as the meat eating and animal slaughtering saviour, when he was absolutely not.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:21
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are rejoicing that there is a tiny little teeny weeny loop-hole, that may give you permission to be violent towards animals.

You are certainly turning over every rock to find something that excuses you of being violent towards these animals.

Why don't you simply surrender to gentleness and compassion?

It is very disturbing and disgusting that Chris ...[text shortened]... us into history, as the meat eating and animal slaughtering saviour, when he was absolutely not.
    You should study the Bible before making statements about what a tiny weeny loop hole,
    God doesn't do that.

You are attempting to make the Bible fit your views on what should and should not be
    eaten.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:45
    As a Christian I believe Jesus Christ is the Light of the World, and those without Him live
    in the darkness of this world ruled by Satan.
    Just because you can't see where I am doesn't mean I can't.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 10:00
    You believe they are end result of a grand accident?
    You apparently suppose that there are only two options: either intelligent design or chance/accident. These do not exhaust the possibilities. Though, granted deep time and billions upon billions of galaxies, life could come about "by chance" somewhere (infinite time is not required for this, a few billion years might suffice).

The third option is the repeated operation of physical laws. Physical laws are regular (that's what it is to be a law); repeated regular operations which take their previous results as the operands for the next iteration tend to generate more regularity and to concentrate regularity--in other words, the repeated operation of physical laws is sufficient to explain how complexity comes from simpler elements. The process is called recursion and is sufficient to explain the chemistry of life without recourse to belief in magic or intelligent design.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 11:06
    Originally posted by moonbus
    You apparently suppose that there are only two options: either intelligent design or chance/accident. These do not exhaust the possibilities. Though, granted deep time and billions upon billions of galaxies, life could come about "by chance" somewhere (infinite time is not required for this, a few billion years might suffice).

The third option is the repe ...[text shortened]... ient to explain the chemistry of life without recourse to belief in magic or intelligent design.
    And, the thing theists tout about the impossibility of it happening like that, the thing they refuse to even consider is the fact that in a pre-biotic environment, given resources such as water, lightning, other heat sources such as hydrothermal vents in the ocean bottoms that these chemical 'experiments' don't take place on an isolated molecule here and there, the truth is these 'experiments' in increased complexity goes on LITERALLY by the trillions every second of every day of every year and that is what theists refuse to consider.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 12:03
    This is preaching to the choir, I know, but this is what creationism looks like to a non-theist. I paraphrase here: ‘We’ll accept physical explanations for phenomena up to the point where physical explanations falter, then--rather than exerting ourselves to extend our physical knowledge--we’ll just say, “The Magic Fairy did it!”’

That’s like playing chess according to the following new rule: ‘No one beats me. And if anyone does beat me--rather than exerting myself to learn chess better--I’ll just say, “It was really that Total Genius God Himself disguised as a seeming mortal who beat me!”’
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 12:21
    This is preaching to the choir, I know, but this is what creationism looks like to a non-theist. I paraphrase here: ‘We’ll accept physical explanations for phenomena up to the point where physical explanations falter, then--rather than exerting ourselves to extend our physical knowledge--we’ll just say, “The Magic Fairy did it!”’
    I disagree. Most young earth creationists here reject most of the physical explanations for phenomena that we already have. Most theists reject at least some physical explanations.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 13:02

The third option is the repe ...[text shortened]... ient to explain the chemistry of life without recourse to belief in magic or intelligent design.
    I think you will either run into one or the other, with variations of the just those two.
    It was either brought about on purpose, or not.
    The not you can go into a variety of how it could have happen, the on purpose the same
    thing is true, but basically I don't see a third option, maybe you can come up with one or
    show me someone else' idea that does not involve either of those.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 13:05

You think everything has been here forever is a third option? It never had a start just a loop?
    Interesting, no reason for the loop it just is?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 13:08

You think everything has been here forever is a third option? It never had a start just a loop?
    Interesting, no reason for the loop it just is? Sort of like the eternal God, you instead want
    the eternal universe?

I think the repeating universe is just a cop out avoiding the hard truth that nothing can
    produce anything, so having something from nothing isn't valid.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 08:10
    I think you will either run into one or the other, with variations of the just those two.
    It was either brought about on purpose, or not.
    The not you can go into a variety of how it could have happen, the on purpose the same
    thing is true, but basically I don't see a third option, maybe you can come up with one or
    show me someone else' idea that does not involve either of those.
    I can only point out the third option, I can't make you see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree