if there is intelligent design ....

if there is intelligent design ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
To whom it may concern.

Unfortunately the Duke has been called away on Queen's business, and so is not available to provide the promised names of non believers who have seen God. Rest assured though, he would have been able to provide them.

Regards,

Servant Giles
"In other words, he was busted by the cops for failure to pay a parking ticket."

"SSSSHHHH!!"

"Oh! Sorry!"

πŸ˜€

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Me, I was once one who didn't believe. πŸ™‚
Are you claiming that God "came to you as a voice in a burning bush" or something, before you became a Christian?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Aug 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Are you claiming that God "came to you as a voice in a burning bush" or something, before you became a Christian?
I'll say this, I'm claiming that if God didn't call any of us we wouldn't have come to Him.
He did not come like a burning bush, but He changed my mind about Him yes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Aug 15

Originally posted by moonbus
If so, then it also counts that he appeared to some other people and cultures as blue elephants, as swans, as burning bushes, as an angel dictating the Koran, as golden tablets under a rock in upstate New York, as a vision to Mary Baker Eddy, as the piper at the gates of dawn, and so on and so on, each time in terms somebody would understand.
I believe God calls us all, I don't think we would go towards Him because we would be
repulsed by His Holy nature otherwise, our sinfulness would react negatively.

I also believe God isn't the only player in this game that wants to sway people either.
So as for your other examples, just because something spiritual happens it doesn't
always mean its good or God.

I do believe if you are seeking God through Jesus Christ you are on solid ground, a
sure foundation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Aug 15

I'll say this, I'm claiming that if God didn't call any of us we wouldn't have come to Him.
"I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn."

(Zechariah 12:10 NASB)

Although I do not claim to be an inhabitant of Jerusalem or of the house of David, once a feeling of uncontrollable mourning and weeping came upon me for near an hour when thinking about the crucifixion of Christ.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Aug 15

Yes, this is true, but I'm just saying that God doesn't exactly manifest himself to unbelievers. He sent messengers or other means to get his message across to you, no doubt.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Aug 15

I believe God calls us all, I don't think we would go towards Him because we would be
repulsed by His Holy nature otherwise, our sinfulness would react negatively.
I think it goes the other way as well. Holy, sinless God cannot abide our sin and so is repulsed by our disobedience. And this is why he does not manifest to unbelievers, unbelief on its own is another sort of sin.

And that is why Jesus was made man and came to earth, to bridge this gap, this divide between God and man, and to intercede for us and to provide a vehicle to God via our belief in Christ. We cannot do it alone in our sin.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Aug 15

Yes, this is true, but I'm just saying that God doesn't exactly manifest himself to unbelievers. He sent messengers or other means to get his message across to you, no doubt.
I see what your saying, I tend to agree with you. I will say that I cannot think of a
single example where God did manifest Himself to unbelievers in scripture.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Aug 15
1 edit

I think it goes the other way as well. Holy, sinless God cannot abide our sin and so is repulsed by our disobedience. And this is why he does not manifest to unbelievers, unbelief on its own is another sort of sin.

And that is why Jesus was made man and came to earth, to bridge this gap, this divide between God and man, and to intercede for us and to provide a vehicle to God via our belief in Christ. We cannot do it alone in our sin.
I completely agree with you after thinking about it.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Aug 15

I completely agree with you after thinking about it.
I knew you would eventually.

πŸ˜‰

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 15

I knew you would eventually.

πŸ˜‰
And you were right!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 15

And you were right!
Just to confirm, i was right in my statement that you completely agree with my atheism?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 15

Just to confirm, i was right in my statement that you completely agree with my atheism?
No, you can confirm that God only addresses those that believe in Him, and He uses those
that do to touch those that do not.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 15

No, you can confirm that God only addresses those that believe in Him, and He uses those
that do to touch those that do not.
Actually, i do not think it is the case (or biblically supported) that God addresses 'those who believe in him' but rather reaches out to 'the righteous.'

Before Moses, there was no distinction between Jew and Gentile. God did not favor any particular nation or family, but only the righteous. Abel was approved because he was more righteous than his brother (Hebrews 11:4)

'For this reason, too, Abraham was chosen and set apart to become the “father of many nations,” that through his seed all nations should be blessed (Galatians 3:6). Paul reminded the proud physical descendants of Abraham that their father was not actually a Jew because he was the father of the Jews. “And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while he was in uncircumcision: that he might be the father of all” (Romans 4:11). He argued that although Abraham became the patriarch of the Jewish nation, God called him when he was still uncircumcised and thus no different from the Gentiles.'

So, if God called Abraham when he was no different from a gentile (which the NT represents as unclean and an enemy of God) could it not be claimed that God had actually affected Abraham's free will? (Something Suzianne said God didn't do).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Aug 15

Actually, i do not think it is the case (or biblically supported) that God addresses 'those who believe in him' but rather reaches out to 'the righteous.'

Before Moses, there was no distinction between Jew and Gentile. God did not favor any particular nation or family, but only the righteous. Abel was approved because he was more righteous than hi ...[text shortened]... med that God had actually affected Abraham's free will? (Something Suzianne said God didn't do).
Actually Judah was the real father of the Jews, but I suppose you could take it all the way back to Adam if you wish. 😏