if there is intelligent design ....

if there is intelligent design ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you do not see any blood in the cheeseburger, then it is kosher. 😏
Please don't speak of things you know nothing about. (I know, it never stopped you before.)

In fact, a cheeseburger mixes milk and meat, and so is, in fact, NOT 'kosher'.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Aug 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Please don't speak of things you know nothing about. (I know, it never stopped you before.)

What about a veggie burger with cheese?

Or a cheese-burger with Vegan cheese?

Broaden your mind Suzi.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 15
2 edits

Maybe you don't know what you are talking about. No one in my family has ever mixed milk and beef to make hamburgers. Oh, now I get what you are talking about. You mean the cheese is a dairy product. I don't believe that is the same as cooking the meat in milk. 😏

Moves
06 Aug 15

Maybe you don't know what you are talking about. No one in my family has ever mixed milk and beef to make hamburgers. Oh, now I get what you are talking about. You mean the cheese is a dairy product. I don't believe that is the same as cooking the meat in milk. 😏
You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

Über-Nerd

Moves
06 Aug 15

http://www.koshercertification.org.uk/whatdoe.html

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 15

The situation of cheese is complicated as hard cheese usually involves rennet, an enzyme which splits milk into curds and whey. Most forms of rennet were formerly derived from the stomach linings of animals, but currently rennet is most often made recombinantly in microbes. Because the rennet could be derived from animals, it could potentially be nonkosher. Only rennet made recombinantly, or from the stomachs of kosher animals, if they have been slaughtered according to the laws of kashrut, is kosher. If a kosher animal is not slaughtered according to the halakha, the rennet is not kosher. Rennet is not considered a meat product and does not violate the prohibition of mixing meat and dairy.

Jacob ben Meir, one of the most prominent medieval rabbis, championed the viewpoint that all cheese was kosher, a standpoint which was practiced in communities in Narbonne and Italy. Contemporary Orthodox authorities do not follow this ruling, and hold that cheese requires formal kashrut certification to be kosher; some even argue this is necessary for cheese made with nonanimal rennet. In practice, Orthodox Jews, and some Conservative Jews who observe the kashrut laws, only eat cheese if they are certain the rennet itself was kosher. However Isaac Klein's tshuva authorized the use of cheese made from non-kosher rennet, and this is widely practised by observant Conservative Jews and Conservative institutions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods

Kosher Cheeseburger: Sacrilicious or Sacrilegious?

According to the New York Post, a kosher restaurant on the Upper East Side of Manhattan has started serving kosher cheeseburgers using soy cheese to skirt the kosher dietary doctrine that forbids serving or eating dairy and meat together.

The restaurant's customers find the soy cheeseburger delicious, downright sacri-licious in fact. After so many years (some say thousands) of wandering the streets of Gotham wondering what a cheeseburger tastes like, they no longer have to deny themselves this singular taste treat.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/03/kosher-cheeseburger-sacrilicious-or-sacriligeous.html

Has the era of the kosher cheeseburger arrived?

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/Has-the-era-of-the-kosher-cheeseburger-arrived-322419

So, Once Again, Why Can’t We Eat a Cheeseburger?

“Do not cook a kid in its mother’s milk.“ It is a puzzling statement, repeated three times in the Torah. Twice in connection with Shavuot, the summer’s first fruits and harvest festival. The third time is in the context of forbidden foods. Traditionally, these texts have been taken to ban cooking, eating, and gaining benefit from milk and meat together.

There’s a cute joke: Moses is up on Mount Sinai and the Almighty is conveying the text of the Torah to him. They come to “Do not cook a kid in its mother’s milk,” and Moses looks up and says, “By this I assume you mean we should not eat meat and milk dishes at the same time.”

“No,” replies the Almighty, “I simply said, ‘Do not cook a kid in its mother’s milk.’”

“OK,” says Moses, “So you mean we should have separate dishes for meat and milk.”

“No,” says the Master of the Universe, “I simply said, ‘Do not cook a kid in its mother’s milk.’”

“Fine,” says Moses, “So you mean we should wait six hours after meat before we can eat milk?”

“Alright, Moses,” says the Holy One, “have it your way.”

http://www.jewishpress.com/uncategorized/so-once-again-why-cant-we-eat-a-cheeseburger/2013/05/13/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by moonbus
http://www.koshercertification.org.uk/whatdoe.html
Thanks for posting the link. I know several Jewish households who keep separate utensils and dishes for meat and dairy. And yeah, for those who "keep kosher", it IS a "big deal".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 15

The situation of cheese is complicated as hard cheese usually involves rennet, an enzyme which splits milk into curds and whey. Most forms of rennet were formerly derived from the stomach linings of animals, but currently rennet is most often made recombinantly in microbes. Because the rennet could be derived from animals, it could potentially be nonkosher. ...[text shortened]... ttp://www.jewishpress.com/uncategorized/so-once-again-why-cant-we-eat-a-cheeseburger/2013/05/13/
"Sacrilicious"?

I should come over to your house and slap you until you cry. 😠

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
So you want to use the Bible to support your views on eating animals?
Do you use the Bible to support all the other things it has to say on eating as well as
God and other topics?
No.....................

I just want to show you that .......YOU .....can use .....YOUR BIBLE....... to....... NOT EAT MEAT.

You are neglecting the teachings of the Bible that go against violence to animals.

You are throwing away your meekness and gentleness and mercy and compassion, just so you can put meat on your plate.

And you are quoting every angle that might allow you to do it.

You are using your crafty intelligence to be violent against innocent and less intelligent animals.

You should use your intelligence to understand why vegetarianism is beneficial to spiritual growth.

For eg: http://www.energygrid.com/animals/veg101.html

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by Dasa
No.....................

I just want to show you that .......YOU .....can use .....YOUR BIBLE....... to....... NOT EAT MEAT.

You are neglecting the teachings of the Bible that go against violence to animals.

You are throwing away your meekness and gentleness and mercy and compassion, just so you can put meat on your plate.

And you are quoting every a ...[text shortened]... s beneficial to spiritual growth.

For eg: http://www.energygrid.com/animals/veg101.html
I suggest you read the whole thing, because it allows it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 15

"Sacrilicious"?

I should come over to your house and slap you until you cry. 😠
This kind of nonsense does not matter to me because I am a Christian. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cape Town

Moves
07 Aug 15

This kind of nonsense does not matter to me because I am a Christian. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Yeah and apparently for your brand of Christianity, lying about just about anything is not a big issue.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yeah and apparently for your brand of Christianity, lying about just about anything is not a big issue.
One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.

(Romans 14:2-3 NASB)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Aug 15

One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.

(Romans 14:2-3 NASB)
So, right there, the bible is lying. Vegan's are not weak, they actually have more nutritional acumen than meat eaters and I can say for certain they get all the protein and other nutrients they need. So your bible, once again, is lying.

Moves
07 Aug 15

If there is intelligent design:

After careful consideration to the title of this thread, i have come to the conclusion that there is not even intelligent design in my living room.

Seriously, what was i thinking...