if there is intelligent design ....

if there is intelligent design ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If there is intelligent design:

After careful consideration to the title of this thread, i have come to the conclusion that there is not even intelligent design in my living room.

Seriously, what was i thinking...
If there is intelligent design, it appears to be patchy at best.

And for all the creatures upon which sharks prey, the 'design' of sharks appears diabolic.

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by moonbus

And for all the creatures upon which sharks prey, the 'design' of sharks appears diabolic.
Coincidentally, the design of my living room is also patchy and diabolical.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
07 Aug 15

I would suggest that you blame the Architect.

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by Wulebgr
If by 'Architect' you mean God, i don't think in good conscience i can blame him for my purple wallpaper.

Truth be told,.....i blame Hinds. (For everything!)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
So, right there, the bible is lying. Vegan's are not weak, they actually have more nutritional acumen than meat eaters and I can say for certain they get all the protein and other nutrients they need. So your bible, once again, is lying.
It says, "He who is weak eats vegetables only." It doesn't say, "He who eats vegetables only is weak." So it's not lying. Learn to read. Don't take stuff out of context.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 15

Intelligent design is not an "in your face" type of intelligent design in order to preserve free will. If intelligent design were any more blatant, it would be like God coming on the evening news and saying "I exist, so better crack open that bible and get with the program, kiddies!"

Proof of God denies free will. People must be free to perform any kind of mental gymnastics they want, and explain it away any way they want, in order to freely deny God. God must be approached purely through faith. Proof of God seriously mucks that up.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Or IKEA.

Moves
07 Aug 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Intelligent design is not an "in your face" type of intelligent design in order to preserve free will. If intelligent design were any more blatant, it would be like God coming on the evening news and saying "I exist, so better crack open that bible and get with the program, kiddies!"

Proof of God denies free will. People must be free to perform any kin ...[text shortened]... y deny God. God must be approached purely through faith. Proof of God seriously mucks that up.
Has God ever given proof of his existence to a man, and if so, has he mucked up that individual's free will?

(I'm in that kind of mood suddenly).

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Aug 15

Proof of God denies free will. People must be free to perform any kin ...[text shortened]... y deny God. God must be approached purely through faith. Proof of God seriously mucks that up.
Interesting line of thought. Pursuing it further .... God must have valued human freedom more than He valued that all humans should arrive at the same pre-determined conclusion, for, if God had valued the latter more, He would not have given mankind such a degree of freedom.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 15

Has God ever given proof of his existence to a man, and if so, has he mucked up that individual's free will?

Well sure, but those he has manifested to were already believers, their choice was already made through faith. Their free will choice was not hampered, it had already been made.

Moves
07 Aug 15

Well sure, but those he has manifested to were already believers, their choice was already made through faith. Their free will choice was not hampered, it had already been made.
As has been demonstrated many times.

Belief in the existence of god is not what is required, but worship of god.

As it's evidently possible to know god exists and not worship god [indeed your own
mythology includes characters who know god exists and yet rebel against him] it
cannot be true that mere evidence for god would compel anyone to believe in the
existence of god, let alone compel them to worship said god.

Indeed, as I have said many times, I wouldn't worship your god even if you could prove
it existed to my satisfaction. I would declare war on your god.

Given that fact [plus the fact that the kind of free will your religion and argument requires is
logically incoherent and demonstrably factually non-existent anyway]
your argument that
evidence for your gods existence [of any form] would invalidate our [non-existent] free will
and thus your argument is invalid.

Evidence for your god would not, and indeed cannot be said to violate our free will.

The lack of evidence for either your god, or any kind of intelligent design, IS however evidence that
your god doesn't exist and that there has been no intelligent design.

It is also immoral in the extreme to require people to believe in your existence AND worship you
despite the fact that you have ensured that they have no rational reason to do so AFTER giving
the said people reason. [as per your mythology].

So your argument is simultaneously wrong, nonsensical, and immoral.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Aug 15

It wasn't Intelligently Designed then! 😛

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Aug 15

"I exist, so better crack open that bible and get with the program, kiddies!"

A god says that and somehow I lose freewill?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Aug 15

Or IKEA.
I like IKEA 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Aug 15

Does it count He became a man so we could see Him in terms we understood?