If you could kill God...

If you could kill God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Only providing a respected dictionary's definition as a starting point of reference in the interest of objectivity.
If you want to clarify what you mean by a soul then SAY "here is a definition of
a soul that I will be using in this discussion... Are you happy with it?"

or something similar.

Don't just leave people guessing why you are randomly posting a definition.

Moves
18 Dec 13

"Free will doesn't exist.

However, if it did...

Free will is about having the ability to make a choice." -googlefudge

Seems you just made a free will choice in refusing to answer with stipulation.
The non-existence of free will doesn't preclude the illusion of free will.

And you have still not answered my question.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
If you want to clarify what you mean by a soul then SAY "here is a definition of
a soul that I will be using in this discussion... Are you happy with it?"

or something similar.

Don't just leave people guessing why you are randomly posting a definition.
googlefudge, you've convinced me that there is no such thing as a human soul for purposes of this conversation for the nonce. We're just fish and birds and four footed beasts of the field making different noises in our natural and unnatural habitats. Also, that once upon a time the Oscar animal in the Wilde made a memorable noise when it said:

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.” -Oscar animal in the Wilde

Moves
18 Dec 13

googlefudge, you've convinced me that there is no such thing as a human soul for purposes of this conversation for the nonce. We're just fish and birds and four footed beasts of the field making different noises in our natural and unnatural habitats. Also, that once upon a time the Oscar animal in the Wilde made a memorable noise when it said:

“If yo ...[text shortened]... tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.” -Oscar animal in the Wilde
Now you are being disingenuous to the point of lying.

I do not for one second believe that you have stopped believing in souls, for any
period of time.

Are you incapable of simply admitting that you just CAN'T provide ANY evidence
that souls exist, but you believe in them anyway?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 13

Now you are being disingenuous to the point of lying.

I do not for one second believe that you have stopped believing in souls, for any
period of time.

Are you incapable of simply admitting that you just CAN'T provide ANY evidence
that souls exist, but you believe in them anyway?
We lack the shared frame of reference to continue. You have no soul; fine.
I do. Let's pick up the thread of this conversation on another day. -Bob

P

Moves
18 Dec 13

We lack the shared frame of reference to continue. You have no soul; fine.
I do. Let's pick up the thread of this conversation on another day. -Bob
Googlefudge:
Are you incapable of simply admitting that you just CAN'T provide ANY evidence that souls exist, but you believe in them anyway?

Grampybobby:
We lack the shared frame of reference to continue. You have no soul; fine. I do. Let's pick up the thread of this conversation on another day. -Bob

I think that's a 'Yes' then.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by Penguin
Googlefudge:
Are you incapable of simply admitting that you just CAN'T provide ANY evidence that souls exist, but you believe in them anyway?

Grampybobby:
We lack the shared frame of reference to continue. You have no soul; fine. I do. Let's pick up the thread of this conversation on another day. -Bob

I think that's a 'Yes' then.
"... just CAN'T provide ANY evidence that souls exist."

What are "souls"?

Moves
19 Dec 13

"... just CAN'T provide ANY evidence that [b]souls exist."

What are "souls"?[/b]
They are the invention of religion so that is your department.

Here is your definition of them to remind yourself with.

Soul: noun. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

It's not up to us to define what it is you believe in.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Dec 13

"... just CAN'T provide ANY evidence that [b]souls exist."

What are "souls"?[/b]
Go look.
http://www.quotationspage.com/
or wherever else you go to stop yourself thinking

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Dec 13

They are the invention of religion so that is your department.

Here is your definition of them to remind yourself with.

Soul: noun. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

It's not up to us to define what it is you believe in.
Okay.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Dec 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Go look.
http://www.quotationspage.com/
or wherever else you go to stop yourself thinking
Sure.

P

Moves
19 Dec 13

Prove it.
why do you want it proven? The question is like Herod and Jesus. Breaking the pottery, then telling Jesus to fix it.

Why is it that mankind, for the most part, chooses to be rebellious. As with New Orleans, and the hurricane. The very next year at madigra I heard the attitude toward God was especially spiteful. Do they really want to get wiped off the face of the earth???

Challenge away, but you won't like the results when they do come. And I can tell you they are coming.

Moves
19 Dec 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
why do you want it proven? The question is like Herod and Jesus. Breaking the pottery, then telling Jesus to fix it.

Why is it that mankind, for the most part, chooses to be rebellious. As with New Orleans, and the hurricane. The very next year at madigra I heard the attitude toward God was especially spiteful. Do they really want to get wiped off the f ...[text shortened]... enge away, but you won't like the results when they do come. And I can tell you they are coming.
My point was you can't prove it as you are just making stuff up with no basis in reality what so ever.

I'm not being rebellious I am being rational.

Why is it that you theists just cannot get it into your heads that atheists don't believe your gods exist?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
19 Dec 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Why is it that mankind, for the most part, chooses to be rebellious. As with New Orleans, and the hurricane. The very next year at madigra I heard the attitude toward God was especially spiteful. Do they really want to get wiped off the fac ...[text shortened]... enge away, but you won't like the results when they do come. And I can tell you they are coming.
You can't really believe that rubbish about your vengeful god attacking cities because they are immoral ! Yes, yes, your god does this and endorses butchers murdering millions. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

P

Moves
19 Dec 13
1 edit

My point was you can't prove it as you are just making stuff up with no basis in reality what so ever.

I'm not being rebellious I am being rational.

Why is it that you theists just cannot get it into your heads that atheists don't believe your gods exist?
You are right that it is hard to prove anything. Especially if you, meaning yourself, choose to keep a blind eye.

Faith can be a difficult thing for some.
I've had the opportunity to be involved with a number of excorsisms (I know the spelling is wrong). In one particular case, before I was involved, the case was tuff for the priests. They were dealing with a lot of physical objects being tossed at them. After being invited, all the distractions ceased, as I had something to do with that.
I know you were not involved. But if you were, you might have a different opinion about spiritual realities.
I have seen God work in strange ways. But you would have to walk in my shoes.
My wife, when we were dating. One of my concerns was how to relate my spirituality to her. An experience I had at church a few weeks earlier, was spiritually seeing all the people having grey elephant ears or pink rabbit ears on them. Angels have a great humor with a purpose. I nearly burst out laughing, but asked what was going on. They told me it would help the people listen to the Word of God better.
Back to my wife. I had taken her out to breakfast on a Sunday morning. While there, a group of people came in. My (future) wife eyes got big as saucers. I asked her what was up, she said everyone coming in with that group had grey elephant ears and pink rabbit ears.
Up to that point I had not told her any of my experiences. But quietly I said thank you Lord.