1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 04:55
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    No I have not stopped getting anything. Quoting scripture would seem self serving here. I am aware of many things before they happen
    Well all I asked for was a demonstration of your precognition so that you can
    1. Maybe save some lives.
    2. Prove the poer of your god.
    3. Get $1,000,000 off Randi.

and you gave me a 25 year one!

Something sooner please.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 10:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Well all I asked for was a demonstration of your precognition so that you can
    1. Maybe save some lives.
    2. Prove the poer of your god.
    3. Get $1,000,000 off Randi.

and you gave me a 25 year one!

Something sooner please.
    Also precise details.

Nothing vague and open to interpretation.
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 11:01
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Also precise details.

Nothing vague and open to interpretation.
    We need
    The type of event (eg Earthquake resulting in collapsed buildings, it would need to be a fairly major event)
    The location (to within 200 miles would probably be close enough)
    The date (to within 2 weeks would probably be close enough)

Do that once and people would start to take notice. Do it twice and you would finally have people believing what you say.

--- Penguin
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 11:24
    Originally posted by Penguin
    We need
    The type of event (eg Earthquake resulting in collapsed buildings, it would need to be a fairly major event)
    The location (to within 200 miles would probably be close enough)
    The date (to within 2 weeks would probably be close enough)

Do that once and people would start to take notice. Do it twice and you would finally have people believing what you say.

--- Penguin
    Wow, I was going to be way stricter than that.

Particularly given how frequent disasters are.

I was going with:
    Type of event.

Date: name the day it happens on (specifying if you mean local or UTC)

Location: within 50 miles, dependent on type of disaster. If it was something
    like the 9:11 attacks i would want the buildings destroyed, and not just New York.

Casualties/death toll to +/- 1%

Some unique specifics about the disaster.

Then I'll start paying attention.
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 13:46
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Wow, I was going to be way stricter than that.

Particularly given how frequent disasters are.

I was going with:
    Type of event.

Date: name the day it happens on (specifying if you mean local or UTC)

Location: within 50 miles, dependent on type of disaster. If it was something
    like the 9:11 attacks i would want the buildings destroyed, and n ...[text shortened]... toll to +/- 1%

Some unique specifics about the disaster.

Then I'll start paying attention.
    Well, I was trying to be fairly lenient. To predict a hurricanes location to within 200 miles and 2 weeks a year or more before it happens would be pretty impressive I think. Certainly if he does it twice. With your criteria, he would only have to do it once.

For smaller events like the recent roof collapse at the Apollo then yes I would want the building name, the exact date and a proper description of the event, with casualty numbers to within 5%

--- Penguin.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 14:591 edit
    I could tell you a lot of things, but you will not believe me.

Here, try this one. There is another person like me, but younger in spirit. The Lord gave to him the responsibility of that hurricane. And he turned it over to the Angel in charge of it. That Angel did a bee line for New Orleans. I know for a fact that it was God's Divine Mercy which stopped ...[text shortened]... listen.

You think of God as being vengeful, maybe you should look at this as being merciful.
    So is New Orleans a place that God does not really like? Katrina did a lot of damage there is 2005. I was in the Cayman Islands in 2004 when Ivan hit [an experience that I will not soon forget]. I think Ivan was even stronger than Katrina in terms of the area it covered and the wind speed. As it passed over us it was a Cat 5 with gusts exceeding 200mph, and worse it lingered over travelling at around 3 mph.

It almost wiped out the island which is flat like a pancake but strangely the death toll there was just 2 or 3 people who died of heart attack or some other reason. Can we assume that God was partial to the people of the Cayman Islands?
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 05:00
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Well, I was trying to be fairly lenient. To predict a hurricanes location to within 200 miles and 2 weeks a year or more before it happens would be pretty impressive I think. Certainly if he does it twice. With your criteria, he would only have to do it once.

For smaller events like the recent roof collapse at the Apollo then yes I would want the building ...[text shortened]... t date and a proper description of the event, with casualty numbers to within 5%

--- Penguin.
    My dad used to be the same way. He wanted to know everything. And for about 2 - 3 yrs i did just that. But it dawned on me, all this knowledge, did it give him any greater faith. No, it didn't help his faith at all. He didn't like it either when i told him that.

Does anyone here think that snow is a plague? Just curios.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 18:41
    My dad used to be the same way. He wanted to know everything. And for about 2 - 3 yrs i did just that. But it dawned on me, all this knowledge, did it give him any greater faith. No, it didn't help his faith at all. He didn't like it either when i told him that.

Does anyone here think that snow is a plague? Just curios.
    Doesn't snow scrub the air clean of harmful particles?
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 03:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Doesn't snow scrub the air clean of harmful particles?
    the air must be really clean on U. S.'s east coast by now.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 05:42
    the air must be really clean on U. S.'s east coast by now.
    Been quite a winter but nothing in comparison with the legendary snowfalls decades ago. Men struggled to walk in blizzards while boys built sturdy snow forts with racks for ammunition, safe havens decorated only by nosebleed and dog pee. :-)
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 15:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Been quite a winter but nothing in comparison with the legendary snowfalls decades ago. Men struggled to walk in blizzards while boys built sturdy snow forts with racks for ammunition, safe havens decorated only by nosebleed and dog pee. :-)
    Yes i remember them well. My friend and i had a number of levels in one snow fort that had a tunnel going over the fence. Dog pee, yup, lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree