If you obey my commands

If you obey my commands

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Isaiah 59:2: "But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear."

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".

Therefore, the person who lived a 'good life' by human standards is still a sinner by God's standards. Obviously, a "good per ...[text shortened]... able to stand before the infinitely holy presence of God, no matter how good they were on earth.
Nothing there that says or even vaguely implies that God expects perfection.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nothing there that says or even vaguely implies that God expects perfection.
Why do all fall short of the glory of God then? If God doesn't expect perfection are you saying everyone who is not perfect (which basically means everyone) is going to heaven? Also since you are claiming that God doesn't expect perfection, where does the Bible say that? If God is perfect, what does the verse "Be Holy as you father in Heaven is Holy" mean to you?

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Why do all fall short of the glory of God then? If God doesn't expect perfection are you saying everyone who is not perfect (which basically means everyone) is going to heaven? Also since you are claiming that God doesn't expect perfection, where does the Bible say that? If God is perfect, what does the verse "Be Holy as you father in Heaven is Holy" mean to you?
I think Romans 7 is what you are trying to get at.

The question is if a person recognizes sin as sin and attempts to get it out of his or her life. Liberals believe that sin really isn't sin at all or that it is OK to live in a state of rebellion against God by accepting the sin.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

Are you serious? The entire Bible is about sinful imperfect people who pleased God and who will be in Gods Kingdom. Yet you want a verse that says that God does not expect perfection?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16

Are you serious? The entire Bible is about sinful imperfect people who pleased God and who will be in Gods Kingdom. Yet you want a verse that says that God does not expect perfection?
Would you care to give me one example of one such person who did not have faith?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Would you care to give me one example of one such person who did not have faith?
I will give you two:

NT - The Good Samaritan who did not know Christ
OT - Cyrus King of Persia who knew no God.

Both pleased God with their works

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16

I will give you two:

NT - The Good Samaritan who did not know Christ
OT - Cyrus King of Persia who knew no God.

Both pleased God with their works
Are you just assuming they were saved because of their works or does the Bible say that they were saved by their works?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

Are you just assuming they were saved because of their works or does the Bible say that they were saved by their works?
The Good Samaritan story was in response to the question how to get eternal life. Christ gave that story and said after to 'GO DO LIKEWISE'.

If you cannot understand what Christ means then its going to be your own failing.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Notice he didn't answer your question.

He is just going on and on about nothing.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
Notice he didn't answer your question.

He is just going on and on about nothing.
I have three words for you:

GO DO LIKEWISE

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

I have three words for you:

[b] GO DO LIKEWISE
[/b]
Yep, but some good works lead to heaven while others do not.

But sure everyone should do good. It would be best if everyone embraced God's truth and put it into practice. Evils of our world would be greatly decreased.

Sexually transmitted diseases would all but fall out of existence. Very few kids would be in single parent homes or wards of the state. Our prisons would be all but empty.

Your version of good works leads to the kind of world we have today.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16
2 edits

Yep, but some good works lead to heaven while others do not.

But sure everyone should do good. It would be best if everyone embraced God's truth and put it into practice. Evils of our world would be greatly decreased.

Sexually transmitted diseases would all but fall out of existence. Very few kids would be in single parent homes or wards of the state ...[text shortened]... would be all but empty.

Your version of good works leads to the kind of world we have today.
All good works are good. There is nowhere that Jesus said that any good works are evil.

You seem to have an obsession with sex. Christ forgave the woman caught in adultery. Someone like you would have told the mob to stone her to death. You need to examine yourself and follow what Jesus said: GO DO LIKEWISE

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

All good works are good. There is nowhere that Jesus said that any good works are evil.

You seem to have an obsession with sex. Christ forgave the woman caught in adultery. Someone like you would have told the mob to stone her to death. You need to examine yourself and follow what Jesus said: [b] GO DO LIKEWISE
[/b]
I didn't say the works are evil, I said the person is evil. Evil people can do good works. Good people can do evil works.

Do good works go to heaven. Do good works go to hell.

That's the way it is.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

I didn't say the works are evil, I said the person is evil. Evil people can do good works. Good people can do evil works.

Do good works go to heaven. Do good works go to hell.

That's the way it is.
Like I said you are a sad pathetic soul. Who are you to judge that a person that you know nothing of is evil. Why not let Christ judge peoples works and you obey Christ who said GO DO LIKEWISE .

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonship
We are not communicating.
You apparently are not listening to me.

Or you are talking to me but debating someone in your mind's memory or imagination.
You're not getting what I am writing.
What you are saying is wrong.

As Jesus said the angels will gather the ones found evil and have them burned, then gather his people and bring them to safety.