If you obey my commands

If you obey my commands

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
I get it you don't want to look at the Bible, just pick and choose verses to try to imply that it means something that it doesn't.
Thus far you've refused to show exactly how I "twist[ed]" what He said and how it is substantially different from what He stated.

Thus far you've refused to address the pertinent points in the following:

From my experience US Christians who know God back the conservative politicians for two issues:

Republicans, when compared to Democrats... hold to Biblical morality when it comes to social issues

I'd be interested in seeing how being against paying a living wage "hold[s] to Biblical morality".

Stand for small government...
In your mind, is this Biblical?

... and allowing the free practice of religion.

Are Muslims included?

You keep tossing out vacuous claims in order to avoid actually addressing the pertinent points and questions of my posts because you don't want to admit that you're wrong.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Maybe. If you are correct then you attacking Divegeester would be considered a cancer, both of you being profesed Christians. If you are not correct [which is what I think], then discussions between members of the body of Christ is a healthy practice and helps to eliminate false doctrines. Paul and the Apostles were very careful to remove such false doctrines and were extremely harsh on those who violated the principles of the the doctrine of Christ.
I do not attack him, but I have seen you attack more than a few Christians so do
you think you are part of a loving body of Christ or something else?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Dec 16

I don't know, do you know who knows God and who does not?
Very true!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
I do not attack him, but I have seen you attack more than a few Christians so do
you think you are part of a loving body of Christ or something else?
I would leave that judgment to Christ.

But the same why you do not attack anyone, neither do I. How is it you label my discussions different from yours.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Very true!
Jesus tells us to judge by fruits. Christian is a self proclaimed title. Child of God knows what is sin and what is not at the very least.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 16

I would leave that judgment to Christ.

But the same why you do not attack anyone, neither do I. How is it you label my discussions different from yours.
I don't spend most of my time going after Christians, that would be you and others.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

I don't spend most of my time going after Christians, that would be you and others.
The ones that I have seen believe that sexual immorality isn't sinful so they do not know God.

If they claim to be Christians then they are either deceived or are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Oh .. you attack Christians just a little and I attack a lot .. 😀 ... you are a comedian.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 16

The ones that I have seen believe that sexual immorality isn't sinful so they do not know God.

If they claim to be Christians then they are either deceived or are wolves in sheep's clothing.
You have seen some promoting sexual immorality here? I haven't but I do jump into most
of the threads here, I suppose I could have missed those.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I like to think all things are possible. I ve had the pleasure to meet some wonderful people in my lifetime. I have a close friend of mine who has never been much of a bible thumper, infact I doubt he has ever read it. yet of all my friends, I have never met anyone so selfless. When he sees trouble, he jumps right in with no care about himself. I have heard ...[text shortened]... and when the moment is over, he is back to his usual - partying and finding a lady for the night
In case you missed it.

Libtards have no problem with sexual immorality. It is one of their identifying characteristics.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 16

Oh .. you attack Christians just a little and I attack a lot .. 😀 ... you are a comedian.
If you want to go look up all the name calling I've done here, all the personal insults I've
made and I'll look yours up. Let our history speak for themselves.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16

Irrelevant. My point stands.

God does not expect perfection. Can you quote anywhere the Bible says that He does.
Romans 3:23

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". That means none of us on our own accord are righteous enough and we all fall short of the glory of God.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". That means none of us on our own accord are righteous enough and we all fall short of the glory of God.
Why continue to cast pearls?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

How does that mean that God expects perfection?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16

How does that mean that God expects perfection?
Isaiah 59:2: "But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear."

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".

Therefore, the person who lived a 'good life' by human standards is still a sinner by God's standards. Obviously, a "good person" has not sinned as much as a person who purposely rebelled against God his whole life. But it is not the amount of sin that is the issue. Rather, it is sin itself. Any sin is sufficient to bring damnation.(The wages of sin is death)

Second, the sacrifice of Jesus (who was God in flesh, John 1:1,14; Colossians 2:9) is of such tremendous value that it can clean the sins of someone who sinned only a little sin as well as someone who sinned a great deal.

Without the cleansing sacrifice of Christ on the cross (which is received by faith), nobody will be able to stand before the infinitely holy presence of God, no matter how good they were on earth.