In Preparation for August

In Preparation for August

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
But that was the point of what I said. People who want to have this "love-in" say you can disrespect someone's belief without being disrespectful of them. I say that's not reality.
Bingo! That was right on the money... not that we're placing bets or lusting after money, or anything like that.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I agree that I am abnormal. The bible says "peculiar"
LOL .. I believe it's the KJV that says "peculiar", but back then peculiar didn't necessarily mean abnormal... in fact it still doesn't mean that, it just means 'different' or 'unusual'. I use a modern translation in order to avoid this sort of confusion, because the usage of words today isn't exactly the same as it was a few hundred years ago. I have nothing against the KJV, it's just that the English language has changed a bit since 1611.

D

Moves
18 Jul 15
2 edits

Planet Rain

Moves
18 Jul 15

Originally posted by vivify
In a different thread, a few people have decided to designate August as a hate-free, disrespect-free, and rude-free month for the spirituality forum.
Perhaps RHP staff should rename this place the "Fantasy Forum" during the month of August.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What do you mean approve of the genocide of some people?

D

Moves
18 Jul 15

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

Did God have anything to do with it?

D

Moves
18 Jul 15

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
What do you mean approve of the genocide of some people?
That was strange, but maybe she had no choice... maybe she was ordered to say that under threat of punishment.

D

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15

Your attempt to equate Christians with Nazis is so obviously self serving it doesn't deserve a reply. But you did it in a way that contrasts the difference between you and the woman in your story.

She was willing to be fair and honest under threat of punishment, whereas you are willing to be unfair and dishonest under no such threat. It amazes me you would paint someone like her in such glowing terms and then at the end show the contrast between you and her.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Before you start calling me disingenuous I suggest you just frigging answer my questions!
I'll enter into a conversation with you on this topic, but I dislike assuming I know what you
mean. If you could just give me the same I'd think we could advance this discussion beyond
name calling and insults.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15

Apparently poor 'reading comprehension' to you means I'm not easily swayed by poor reasoning skills.

D

Moves
18 Jul 15

D

Moves
18 Jul 15